ADVERTISEMENT

Diallo has committed to KU

I can't decide if this is just one of those years that was bound to happen eventually, or if there is something going on that is steering these guys away from Cal. You could have made a killing betting that Cal would strike out the rest of the way after he got Skal and Briscoe. Very strange.

Last edited:
Very under the radar announcement for such a high recruit. Good Luck.

At least he'll get 3 extra weekends to prepare for the draft if he keeps his stock

post-37372-well-thats-just-GREAT-gif-Paul-t1mB.gif

It seems more and more likely that we may strike out on the remaining 5* as predicted a couple weeks ago. SMH

I can't decide if this is just one of those years that was bound to happen eventually, or if there is something going on that is steering these guys away from Cal. You could have made a killing that Cal would strike out the rest of the way after he got Skal and Briscoe. Very strange.

Same here.

If I had to guess I'd say it's about the reports that have come out suggesting how close Cal-to-Cleveland was.

He waited until mulder announced just so he could kick dirt on our one minor victory. No doubt self had him do that.

What a bitch move.

We still own them.

I can't decide if this is just one of those years that was bound to happen eventually, or if there is something going on that is steering these guys away from Cal. You could have made a killing that Cal would strike out the rest of the way after he got Skal and Briscoe. Very strange.

Very similar to 2012 when we won the title and that spring we struck out on multiple high-profiled players such as Shabazz Muhammad and Anthony Bennett that left else relatively thin and scrambling where we ultimately brought in Julius Mays, the 5th year transfer.. Maybe the pressure of having to follow that year up is too much for them? I don't know, but it's just strange that after the 2 best seasons we've had under Calipari are followed by the 2 weakest recruiting classes of his tenure..

Reactions: 96_Cat
Well I dunno about you guys, but I'm perfectly content with a frontcourt of Skal, Poythress, Lee, and Willis as a 4th option right now.
Let's see what else we recruit.

Reactions: catfaninsc
I really want(ed) this kid. His motor and nose for the ball are outstanding. Hope this news is not true and we turn it around an land him.

No worries he is Marcus Lee...flourish in a full court game...struggle in half court. We will be good either way

Reactions: brianpoe
How in the world does UK lose SEVEN players to the NBA draft and then strike out to the point where we're recruiting JUCO players.. Doesn't make sense.

Reactions: kyups01 and ulrey
I loved this team... but recruits not knowing who would definitely leave off this team really killed this recruiting class. It gave other schools way too much leeway to get in with our recruits. Good thing is, the 2016 recruits wont have to wait until next April wondering about playing time at UK.

I'm torn. One one hand I really wanted Diallo while on the other hand I really didn't want another excuse to play Poythress at the 3.

Our Pet's Heads are falling off....haha this sucks and the timing is really bad, kinda ruined our "finally" moment with Mulder, but we will still be competitive, not sure about top 10 type, but we have a lot of talent, but not much depth. 2016 class hopefully falls in really nicely with a few staying from next season. Hopefully 2016-2017 season will be loaded.

Reactions: jrpross
ADVERTISEMENT