ADVERTISEMENT

Devin Booker vs Stanley Johnson for charlotte

tank2009

Sophomore
Feb 12, 2009
One mock draft has charlotte getting johnson at 9 and then booker going at 11 to indiana. Indiana may be a better spot overall, but i am a charlotte fan especially with mkg on board.

To me for charlotte Booker makes way more sense because mkg and johnson both are small forward and booker, i think, may be the surprise of the draft. I really believe he will be elite shooter for many years.

I am a Hornets fan and I would love Booker. He can knock it down and we would love someone who is a sharp shooter. The big guys are really not a concern at this point.. Would love to have 2 cats on the team!!
Then again if Lyles falls... WOW.. I don't know what I would do.

I am a Hornets fan and I would love Booker. He can knock it down and we would love someone who is a sharp shooter. The big guys are really not a concern at this point.. Would love to have 2 cats on the team!!
Then again if Lyles falls... WOW.. I don't know what I would do.
Johnson is over rated in my opinion. I saw him play a bunch of times and all I heard from the anouncers was how great he was. he did not impress me. All he did in most games was jack up a bunch of 3s,of which he made few. He has the talent,but did not even come close to utilizing it to his advantage. I just wasn't that impressed.

I like Johnson, but he's a little too much like MKG. The Hornets need some shooters to stretch the floor not another slasher whose shot is suspect.
Exactly what I was thinking. He's an athlete for sure. But I feel like Booker would be a better compliment to what they have. His athleticism is underrated too.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I like Johnson, but he's a little too much like MKG. The Hornets need some shooters to stretch the floor not another slasher whose shot is suspect.

This. I'd actually like to see Devin go to OKC or Miami though. He can come in straight away and play his role as shooter for a playoff caliber team.

Booker is a pure shooting guard. He will improve anyone's roster, even if it takes him as long as James Young to get established.
Being a Hawks fan, I'd prefer Booker to start screwing up a bit so he can slide to 15 for the home team. We haven't had a UK guy since Randolph Morris.
But I think we miss out on both Booker and Lyles; we're going to be stuck with one of the Wisky kids...ugh, not a good year for that to happen.

It's similar to the Booker vs Winslow thread that was not too long ago. Booker may have a more clearly defined role (if he isn't as inconsistent as he was here) but Stanley is probably the better overall player with higher upside. You'd have to be really confident that Booker is at least a starting caliber player to justify taking him before Stanley.

Johnson is over rated in my opinion. I saw him play a bunch of times and all I heard from the anouncers was how great he was. he did not impress me. All he did in most games was jack up a bunch of 3s,of which he made few. He has the talent,but did not even come close to utilizing it to his advantage. I just wasn't that impressed.
He averaged 3.1 thee-point attempts per game and shot 37%. 37% as a team's go-to scorer is pretty good.

ADVERTISEMENT