ADVERTISEMENT

Deivon Smith PG Stud

It's only ignorant if you think I'm implying it's a Mormon problem. I'm not. Right now, without looking, tell me one player outside of Andre Miller who has come out of a Utah program to flourish in the pros, or one Utah product who's ever had an impact at UK (or any Kentucky school). I AM saying that Pope is going to have to get away from his comfort zone, which is clearly the players he saw in Utah last season. To be honest, I can't even think of 3 dudes in the state of Kentucky we should be taking from the portal. Don't settle - this is freaking UK.
Tom Chambers, Andrew Bogut, Micheal Doliac, Shawn Bradley, Britton Johnson, Danny Ainge, Devin Durrant, Byron Scott, Frank Jackson who played at Duke... All werent from the Utah program, but came from a college in Utah or a played high school ball in Utah.

So can Smith and Mahaney play together?
Easily. Mahaney isn't a PG-he's not a horrible ball handler or anything but Smith is a legit PG. Mahaney can play off the ball and with it-but UK has different and faster system then St. Mary's and looking at the schools he's looking at-the only one who would be similar would be Tony Bennett's "death ball" and if he goes there--I don't want him. Don't want anyone who is attracted to the disgusting atrocity against the sport that is Bennett Ball.

Smith & Mahaney visiting at the Same time isn’t a coincidence, I think Kentucky wants both
True-but also Mahaney is pretty far along on his process and is going to decide quickly-so you get a visit in whenever it fit. Goodman said he's on UConn campus today-so he's getting these over quickly and assume he'll decide after this weekend's visit to UK.

True-but also Mahaney is pretty far along on his process and is going to decide quickly-so you get a visit in whenever it fit. Goodman said he's on UConn campus today-so he's getting these over quickly and assume he'll decide after this weekend's visit to UK.
Agree, smith and Mahaney can easily co-exist. Smith Mahaney, brea, Carr and Williams. With Robinson and whatever else he gets off the bench would be a good team if he can get the team rounder out this way

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
STATS
2023-24
2022-23
2021-22
2020-21

GPMINFG%3P%FT%REBASTBLKSTLPFTOPTS

Reactions: Woodsmoke
I am pro-Smith, but how does a PG shoot 44.8% from the charity stripe and 26.1% from 3P in his third year? Love the overall improvement in his 4th year though. Change of scenery served him well. No idea how the Utah offense compares to the Georgia Tech offense to what Pope will run.

I know the portal rankings are subjective but if this guy is as good as many are saying why is he ranked at #40?
5 triple doubles in a power 5 conference. Rankings can KMA. Pope wants him so I am good.

But you continue to post negative crap, and when positive things are posted you always question them as well.

HORRIBLE POSTER

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT