ADVERTISEMENT

Defense Moves to 70th

Obviously, not the prettiest week of basketball for our Wildcats... BUT we did hold USC to the low 70s and only 57 to Arkansas. Could it be the defense is actually improving? Moving up 28 spots in defensive efficiency is a good thing for sure.

Obviously, not the prettiest week of basketball for our Wildcats... BUT we did hold USC to the low 70s and only 57 to Arkansas. Could it be the defense is actually improving? Moving up 28 spots in defensive efficiency is a good thing for sure.
If we are actually improving we shouldn't be surprised the offense suffers from it. I'm not entirely convinced though, let's see how we fare against UT and Bama.

The defense is much improved. The fake KP numbers don’t show it properly.

Tonight Ark got 11 offensive rebounds. Far too many.

But that’s 11 possessions that KP doesn’t count.

Defensive rebounding is the Achilles heel of this team.

It’s amazing what happens when you play a poor offensive team
These metrics adjust for that. So when taking Arkansas' bad offense into account we still played well enough to move up 20+ spots. The metric is called Adjusted Defensive Efficiency because it takes into account how bad the offense you played was.

It’s amazing what happens when you play a poor offensive team

And Arkansas is rancid.

See if they can hold FLA and TN to less than 1 point per possession

Then get back to me
I do agree that we need to show it vs. Elite teams but our efficiency is adjusted for Arkansa’s poor offense anyway and we still moved up that much.

We need to see more to know. Ark and USCjr are not good offensive teams. We gave up more points to jr than their season average. UF and UT will test our defense.

Reactions: FinancialPlannerZac
It is nice to see the defense playing better in the past 2 games. Hopefully they can keep it up this coming week with huge tests vs Tennessee & Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT