ADVERTISEMENT

De'Aaron Fox

I like fox, but after watching Smith on TV the other day, Its hard for me to pick any other gaurd over him. Smith reminded me of John Wall.

I like fox, but after watching Smith on TV the other day, Its hard for me to pick any other gaurd over him. Smith reminded me of John Wall.

I'm not sure what position we are in to get Smith. Hell, I don't know about Fox either.

I like Fox but I don't have any idea where we stand with him. But honestly as far as a PG goes I wouldn't take anybody over Dennis Smith Jr. That kid's the real deal from what I've seen of him. I think we'll end up with Fultz and Monk as far as our guards go.

A class of Fultz, Monk, Bridges, and Ayton wouldn't surprise me. I think we'll need another big to add with them though. Hopefully Adebayo or Buike if we cant get Bam Bam out of NC.

A class of Fultz, Monk, Bridges, and Ayton wouldn't surprise me. I think we'll need another big to add with them though. Hopefully Adebayo or Buike if we cant get Bam Bam out of NC.

We will at least sign 6 IMO as we will lose 5 -6 to the NBA and we have 2 ships available as it is ( Tai takes one in December though ) .

So we get a

PG- Simmons or Fox ( Smith is going to NC st IMO )
SG- Monk or alkins
combo guard - Fultz
Sf- Bridges
PF- Killyea Jones
C- Ayton or Bolden ( Buike is a FSU lock )

and then i could see maybe adding one more big or combo forward as well if we lose Lee .

You do have to realize the Adidas Circuit is weaker then Nike--and when Smith Jr went to Nike EYBL he didn't dominate at all. Played with Team Penny and I watched his game against Houston Hoops and Fox was better guard by a distinct margin--not just in terms of play but also was more athletic/faster, etc.....

Fox is also tight with Jarred Vanderbilt--who is a left handed MKG.

As for "Mock Class"--I'd say there is a major drop off from the top guards down to Simmons--who seems to try and hide his crappy play and detractors lately but promoting 2-3 week old updates, and carrying some bravado that is not comparing to what is going on at UK. You can say all you want about being "The guy" at UK--but you better take care of business and start performing.

Fox would be #1 on the list for me, then Smith Jr, then Monk.

Want no part of Bolden if I'm UK--he's soft and wimpy against peers. Shows out against smaller opponents and too often ball watches, is a poor rebounder, and substandard defender. Also has a very bad habit of using excuses to hide his lesser performances. If you take the court--you're alright. Don't tell me about an "ankle/leg/foot" AFTER a performance where you sucked--which is also a few hours after putting up a double/double against a team whose tallest player was 6'7 and size of a SF.

You do have to realize the Adidas Circuit is weaker then Nike--and when Smith Jr went to Nike EYBL he didn't dominate at all. Played with Team Penny and I watched his game against Houston Hoops and Fox was better guard by a distinct margin--not just in terms of play but also was more athletic/faster, etc.....

As for "Mock Class"--I'd say there is a major drop off from the top guards down to Simmons--who seems to try and hide his crappy play and detractors lately but promoting 2-3 week old updates, and carrying some bravado that is not comparing to what is going on at UK. You can say all you want about being "The guy" at UK--but you better take care of business and start performing.

Want no part of Bolden if I'm UK--he's soft and wimpy against peers. Shows out against smaller opponents and too often ball watches, is a poor rebounder, and substandard defender. Also has a very bad habit of using excuses to hide his lesser performances. If you take the court--you're alright. Don't tell me about an "ankle/leg/foot" AFTER a performance where you sucked--which is also a few hours after putting up a double/double against a team whose tallest player was 6'7 and size of a SF.

I think I've seen you post this before. Did dude steal your girl friend or something?

Give me Fox and Alkins or Fox and Monk and I am a happy fan. Throw in two bigs with Bridges and we have a heck of a class.

Reactions: brianpoe
Fox is a baller for sure, I wish we knew more about his recruitment. I haven't heard much of anything about him.

Just talking basketball/recruiting and for what you guys pay for--you want real info or be misled by fanboys? If you don't go to events, it's an interesting setup of the people who "report" what goes on--for instance--the guys who run websites who spend entire time BS-ing with people and then go get the stats and proclaim someone is the "best in country" or "fastest rising prospect". Jerry Meyer is TRASH. Guy doesn't go out on road, sees one game and makes predictions in his gypsy ball of fortune telling. There are guys who bump others in rankings based on fact a school is at a game and they don't even know which prospect they're there to see. (in no way is this is a shot at this site either--talking about the guys who all don't do a thing and live by the stat sheets or protect their investments (Mark Edwards) and shrivel when a kid they d-ride has an off game)

Marques Bolden is a kid I've seen play at 5 different events. His handlers and hype men make excuses at each stop and you're right--I shouldn't have gone in on the kid like that. It's the people who are adults that do that crap, not the kid. Jeff Webster tries to push him and Webster is close with both UK and Duke (OU grad who is friends with Jeff Capel and of course the tie with Cal/KP due to Randle) but his partner hyping the kid against mediocre competition and going to any media in sight to stroke their ego is pathetic. Then when kid gets outplayed--it's always an excuse.....which as I've said before--either the adults are wrong for playing an injured player or he's not injured and just not having a good game. It happens. These kids aren't perfect and never does any credible person make an evaluation off one game/event. It's often good to see how a kid acts/counters a game where he struggles so you can see how he'd take to next level coaching and competition. Those who are babied and coddled don't make it. Meanwhile the same hype man won't say a word about Schnider Herard who outplayed Bolden and was stuck battling when Bolden would be dealing with his litany of ailments.

You're absolutely right--shouldn't be so harsh on the kid--but after a long month of seeing kids and the bull$hit around them (handlers, agents, etc...) you tire of the excuses and phony stuff that gets rewarded. If you want straight info--stick with good sources for it.

Just talking basketball/recruiting and for what you guys pay for--you want real info or be misled by fanboys? If you don't go to events, it's an interesting setup of the people who "report" what goes on--for instance--the guys who run websites who spend entire time BS-ing with people and then go get the stats and proclaim someone is the "best in country" or "fastest rising prospect". Jerry Meyer is TRASH. Guy doesn't go out on road, sees one game and makes predictions in his gypsy ball of fortune telling. There are guys who bump others in rankings based on fact a school is at a game and they don't even know which prospect they're there to see. (in no way is this is a shot at this site either--talking about the guys who all don't do a thing and live by the stat sheets or protect their investments (Mark Edwards) and shrivel when a kid they d-ride has an off game)

Marques Bolden is a kid I've seen play at 5 different events. His handlers and hype men make excuses at each stop and you're right--I shouldn't have gone in on the kid like that. It's the people who are adults that do that crap, not the kid. Jeff Webster tries to push him and Webster is close with both UK and Duke (OU grad who is friends with Jeff Capel and of course the tie with Cal/KP due to Randle) but his partner hyping the kid against mediocre competition and going to any media in sight to stroke their ego is pathetic. Then when kid gets outplayed--it's always an excuse.....which as I've said before--either the adults are wrong for playing an injured player or he's not injured and just not having a good game. It happens. These kids aren't perfect and never does any credible person make an evaluation off one game/event. It's often good to see how a kid acts/counters a game where he struggles so you can see how he'd take to next level coaching and competition. Those who are babied and coddled don't make it. Meanwhile the same hype man won't say a word about Schnider Herard who outplayed Bolden and was stuck battling when Bolden would be dealing with his litany of ailments.

You're absolutely right--shouldn't be so harsh on the kid--but after a long month of seeing kids and the bull$hit around them (handlers, agents, etc...) you tire of the excuses and phony stuff that gets rewarded. If you want straight info--stick with good sources for it.

^ What the hell was that?

completely agree that jerry meyer and most of these national recruiting guys are complete frauds. jerry tries to be relevant by being the first to make huge proclamations after he goes out to his one summer event a year and call a kid a top 10 lock when others have him top 50 etc. Ive heard him on a few radio shows and was clear he isnt on the road watching basketball. He is sitting in his home/office writing "bolts" all day about a fu**ng "package deal" that will never materializes or making "crystal ball picks" based on xyz 247 site manager's intel. None of these national "gurus" gave a crap about wenyen gabriel for a year and the second KY and Duke offered him, "im moving him into my top 25! -jerry meyer"

Last edited:

Crazy how accurate this Bolden take was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT