ADVERTISEMENT

David Bowie Like Pressure

Aug 17, 2010
All this recruiting success has placed an unreal amount of pressure on Stoops to perform this year.

I can easily see the hometown crew sticking on after a 4 win season but the negative recruiting will be so harsh if we don't go bowling.

All this recruiting success has placed an unreal amount of pressure on Stoops to perform this year.

I can easily see the hometown crew sticking on after a 4 win season but the negative recruiting will be so harsh if we don't go bowling.
SEC football is a pressure cooker. And Frankly, 4 wins is unacceptable. Stoops has had time to get his own recruits in the system. He's built some depth with it, and we have about as easy of a schedule as we'll ever have.(albeit it, still a very tough schedule) Stoops and staff have also been making comments that lead us to believe they think they have a really good team this year. The point is, enough pieces have come together that if he doesn't at least show improvement this year, what would make anyone think he ever will? Personally, I'm not concerned. I think we get 6 and a bowl game at worst, and Stoops builds even more momentum. Whatever the case, the time is ripe for the dam to break. If success does not come within the next 2 seasons, Stoops loses momentum and probably really is on the hot seat...but that's not happenin folks! The time is now! GO Cats!!!

Reactions: Bigbluediddy63
I reckon you guys are right. A 4 win season would be pretty disappointing on its own.

We got to get to a bowl to keep this baby rolling. I am not asking for 8 wins this year or next. Give me two 6 wins season followed by a serious run in the East and my expectations would be met.

8-4 ...there is really no game you can point at and say...that's a loss. We have not been able to say that in recent years

Why do people keep obsessing over something that is almost certainly not going to happen? Can't folks just enjoy all there is to be positive about this year?

Isn't that the truth. Some people seem to have a need to feel as poorly as possible so that they do not risk any expectation. There is an unreal amount of good news for the Kentucky football program and some people simply do not know how to enjoy it. It must be a miserable existence.

Reactions: brianpoe
This thread isn't about season predictions necessarily, it's about how much is riding on having a successful year. Can I see 8 wins yes but I don't expect it. Rebuilding a program takes more than 3 years.

Reactions: brianpoe
It would be nice to get 8 wins. But 8 wins isn't necessary to maintain momentum. But I feel we do have to at least get to 6 wins. That would continue forward progress and allow us to continue to build. Getting 7 wins would make me giddy and really show some serious progress. If we only get 4 or 5 wins, then I think that will probably set in motion a death spiral that will be very difficult to recover from. It sucks that the margin for success or failure is so razor thin, but that is pretty much the reality of the situation.

If we get 4 or 5 then youust think we really suck....Lafayette Charlotte and Vandy...that's 3 right there cmon!!!!!

Hard to take the OP seriously from the moment the possibility of a 4 win season was presented. The Legion of Doom still lives among UK football "fans". I'm just glad they are the clear minority. We ARE going bowling this season. You can book it. The discussion should be whether we swing a .500 SEC record and 4-0 OOC slate, for a real breakout season of 8-4, or simply add one regular season over last year, not whether we can avoid a 4 win season. This team WILL finish with 6-8 wins. Please don't tell me I am deluded or a hopeless optimist. I am not suggesting an SEC title.

You say it's not a possibility but I am sure you know full well as of today we are only favored in 4 games this season.

If we start 1-3 (which is possible) the rest of the season is going to be touch and go to get over 5 wins

Getting to a Bowl is kind of the bare minimum this year.

BUT, to be objective, if we did go 4-8 but we're wire to wire in our all our losses, I could find the silver linings to be optimistic the following year under Stoops. Right now UK is set up with Towles and Barker for the neXT 4 years. Even if next year ended with 4 losses I'd still feel good about Stoops getting a 10 win season within the next 4 years.

I agree IF, in this scenario of which we end the year 4-8, we maintain the current trajectory of our recruiting. The only way to ensure this trend continues is by going to a bowl.

And I think in three years we are going to be top three in East no matter what happens recruiting wise.

ADVERTISEMENT