ADVERTISEMENT

Daniel to Kentucky!!!

He has decided to join his good friends Jackson and Young at UK to try to make his home state team relevant in college football again. It looks like UK is going to hold the top recruits instate. I believe Cash Daniels makes five of the top in state recruits.

I have always thought if you can hold the top in state recruits it makes you more attractive to out of state recruits.

Woo Hoo. :cool2:

Fresh%20Prince-UK-_zpsfr1vnyje.gif

Scout has him listed as a 2-star. Is that correct?
Could have been when your team had him for a visit! Presently now that he's a CAT 247 rate him a 4*, Scout and Rivals rate him 3*'s. I got him one of top three players in Kentucky and the others are WILDCAT commits!

Several years ago Brooks and Joker were trying to beat Georgia with some great players from Georgia, but NONE of those commits had an offer from Georgia, even our highest rated from there, (Probably Caffey and Clemons, because they signed the number one RB prospect in the nation that year that also happened to be from Georgia), so essentially UK was trying to beat them with their rejects when they were getting the best instate prospects. We did get some GREAT players from there, but they were underrated out of high school, for instance Trevathan a 5.3, Woodyard a 5.5, and Dupree all the way up to a 5.6.

Now not only does UK have commits from three of the top prospects in the nation, all from Kentucky, they also have most of the other top prospects from in state (one still undecided) that are definitely underrated also IMO, plus some very promising prospects from out of state, mainly nearby Ohio..

Great get. both on and off the field, not sure how we could have explained losing him.

247 said don't be surprised if he leads Cats in tackles 3 straight years. Says his lateral speed is outstanding, athleticism elite and strength already really good.

Outstanding! Just like Murray an Bball side, Kash was looking at the long term which includes carte blanche treatment after his playing days throughout the state. I hope he works as hard at UK as he has so far and he will have chance to star.

Welcome Kash!

I forgot all about his announcement, I was on the main board of rivals, saw that he committed and damn near did a back flip. F yes, Merica!

Great get. both on and off the field, not sure how we could have explained losing him.
Agree he is another great get for our team, but I don't think we were ever in much danger of losing him. Kash is another example showing that most Kentucky boys grow up wanting to play for our state university. This is mostly true in every state in the southeast, but that's another discussion for another time. It has been a while since the state of Kentucky produced an inside linebacker prospect like Daniel, and I think time will show this includes Forrest. But as Forrest's career has shown us, making the jump from Kentucky high school football to SEC football takes time and a lot of work. Other high ceiling Kentucky products like Patrick Towles, Drew Barker, and Jason Hatcher are going through this transition. Soon, Eli Brown, Landon Young, and Drake Jackson will be in the same boat. So we should be happy about this announcement, but also willing to give Kash time to make the transition to the SEC. Looking at the deep classes Stoops has been bringing in, Kash will have to compete with Courtney Love, Nick Firios, Jordan Jones, and Dorian Hendrix. Kash should have a nice career in Lexington. But the most exciting thing is that quality depth and competition on Kentucky's roster is starting to look like other SEC teams.

Last edited:
as thin as lb'er has been the last few years... we are gonna be stacked there in 2 years. firios, walker, and hendrix will be jr's, love will probably be a jr, jones and eli soph. walder and kash will be rs freshmen. now that is quality depth right there. i think '17 is the year that we see a defense that is formidable across the board and wins us games. whole lot of speed in those lb's though.

kash is big in this class though. we had to get another good one to go with walder and kash makes sure that we are solid at lb'er for 4 years.

Reactions: jimmy cowboy
kash is big in this class though. we had to get another good one to go with walder and kash makes sure that we are solid at lb'er for 4 years.[/QUOTE]

UK has a guy named Watson coming in for a visit soon. From the DC Metro area. I agree, he plus Walder and Daniel would give UK a pretty good LB class.

Reactions: jimmy cowboy
Being from the mountains, I love having mountain kids on the team. Tough, loyal, dedicated. I have little doubt that Kash will be money.

We have 2 K. Daniel on defense now. I guess Kash's jersey will read KA. Daniel and Kengera's will say KE. Daniel.

Reactions: buckkiller
Kash is another example showing that most Kentucky boys grow up wanting to play for our state university.

Actually he revealed recently he was a Tennessee fan growing up and had little interest in Kentucky. He's really another example of a top instate kid that would have likely landed at some high profile program outside the state had it not been for Mark Stoops and his outstanding staff.

kash is big in this class though. we had to get another good one to go with walder and kash makes sure that we are solid at lb'er for 4 years.

UK has a guy named Watson coming in for a visit soon. From the DC Metro area. I agree, he plus Walder and Daniel would give UK a pretty good LB class.[/QUOTE]

Daniel, Walder, Bannerman and Watson would make an excellent LB class filling each position with quality.

Kash stood out at camps for a reason. Remember him saying he felt out of place when he arrived at one camp because most of the players there had committed to the power schools in the SEC, OH ST's, MI's , etc. But it didn't take long to earn some respect when the live hitting started.

To move up as the 2nd ranked ILB in the country, he had to have put on a real show at the camps to move past much higher ranked recruits in such a short time.

Congrats on picking up these kids from out in the sticks. Great bodies and potential, they just don't play anybody. I know it means the world to UK fans to grab these kids from KY but we'll see if they can play at your SEC level. I love KY kids, but I prefer building teams with kids that come from hot beds like Georgia, Florida, Alabama and even Ohio to a certain extent.

Oh dear me, and I was glad we got this kid from out in the sticks. Why, he probably doesn't even know about shooting up yet, and he probably missed a great education there by not going to UL.

Oh dear me, and I was glad we got this kid from out in the sticks. Why, he probably doesn't even know about shooting up yet, and he probably missed a great education there by not going to UL.
i'm trying to figure out why ul was visiting paintsville so much and showing kash around like a dime piece at their spring game. i mean, he has no real talent and they would fair much better with a smaller slower kid from georgia or florida. oh well, i guess we'll just have to make due with a top 20 class this year guys and hope that there aren't too many high level kids getting kicked out at other schools that would be untouchable for most d1 schools.

Welcome to the #BBN Mr. Daniel!!

This kid is big,strong and fast and at a position that we have a need. Elated to get a kid from KY that is so talented!!

Outstanding! Just like Murray an Bball side, Kash was looking at the long term which includes carte blanche treatment after his playing days throughout the state. I hope he works as hard at UK as he has so far and he will have chance to star.

Welcome Kash!

you got that right.....Kash will always have a good job in Kentucky after graduation whether or not he ever plays in the NFL. With his personality, he can write his own ticket in the state of Kentucky. :)

ADVERTISEMENT