ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Patrick opening to show

"wHo aRe YoU gOiNg tO GeT tHaT's BeTtEr?"

Yeah, let's gloss over this guy's rosters and his inability to not only make a Final Four but even make it out of the first weekend of the tournament for five years.

Sure, we just had Final Fours where Miami, San Diego State, FAU, UConn, Baylor, Gonzaga, Houston all made the Final Four while not having anywhere close to the recruiting classes Cal has brought in or the resources of UK but yeah, only Cal could possibly succeed because of what he did 10-15 years ago.

A guy bested by the likes of St. Peters and Oakland while being paid $9M a year. Sure, keep doing the same thing. That will surely produce results.

Imagine running a company like this and thinking the CEO didn't need to be changed with the lack of ROI.
We need someone who coachs for the name on front of the jersey not the back

Nah, it doesn't cause me to explode at all. This is merely your most recent burner account, and since you're a UNC fan who's sole purpose is to come on here and create accounts to troll UK fans, I don't really have any emotion towards your predictable and silly response.

It's what you've always done, and always will do, Leadbelly.
I said implode.

I'm a UNC fan now? Pretty sure I have too many teeth and not enough mullet to pull that off. Plus, I actually believe in getting a college education, not just the credits.

You aren't very good at this.

I said implode.

I'm a UNC fan now? Pretty sure I have too many teeth and not enough mullet to pull that off. Plus, I actually believe in getting a college education, not just the credits.

You aren't very good at this.
Good at what? Debating a chimp who's been trolling this board for over a decade?

Given the amount of time you've invested in trolling this website, I can clearly see you aren't very good at life.

But everyone who's seen your spiel already knows that, Leadbelly. You're the resident chimp clown of this message board, and you will hold that mantle for generations to come.

2n4i.gif

Good at what? Debating a chimp who's been trolling this board for over a decade?

Given the amount of time you've invested in trolling this website, I can clearly see you aren't very good at life.

But everyone who's seen your spiel already knows that, Leadbelly. You're the resident chimp clown of this message board, and you will hold that mantle for generations to come.

2n4i.gif
Wood

• Haha
Reactions: BlueTick2
I don't disagree that without a guarantee of a homerun hire you don't pull the trigger right now. With that said Cal doesn't get to maintain the status quo with maintaining his inept assistant coaches, his flippant attitude toward fans, blowing off his media obligations and his general attitude toward making millionaires over winning games and tournaments for UK.

2n4i.gif
Why do I bother you so much?

You generally seem very hostile when you interact with me. I don't recall ever instigating such with you.

I've never trolled the board. I just offer my opinions like everyone else here. They just seem to trigger you for some reason. What is the root of this anger?

Since we're very closely related to chimps, I honestly take no offense to that. I'm pretty hairy as well!

I am honestly just curious why you think any of those names you mentioned are realistic or good hires. Simple conversation really.

I don't disagree that without a guarantee of a homerun hire you don't pull the trigger right now. With that said Cal doesn't get to maintain the status quo with maintaining his inept assistant coaches, his flippant attitude toward fans, blowing off his media obligations and his general attitude toward making millionaires over winning games and tournaments for UK.

Basically, he holds all the cards and he doens't like the guy trying to peak at his cards so this might not end in a pretty way.

Reactions: HeismaNole
“Who are you going to get to replace Cal? You can’t just fire him with no plan. He’s done some pretty amazing things there”.

I found it interesting that he started his show with that. All eyes are on Lexington.
He really hasn't done anything amazing since 2015, he refuses to change his game or his recruiting even though the game has changed drastically over the last 10 years. Basically is not even in the top 50 when it comes to bench coaching.

Reactions: KFuqua
Dan Patrick is merely addressing an inept athletic department led by an inept athletic director.

Framing his question from such a basis of reality, it makes sense why he would have no faith in Mitch doing anything clever. Why? Because Mitch is incapable of innovation. UK admin are the epitome of myopic in their thinking.

In the larger world, there's plenty of people who could get Kentucky out of this jam. Mitch just doesn't happen to be one of them.
I’ve seen some fb first guys posting on this forum lately and I think it’s because they know Barney is finished. They know this is going to ripple to the fb program. I mean fb underachieved the last couple years to so Barney is defintely on the chopping block

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
First off, he and most media dont blink an eye when Title winning coaches are fired or pushed out in football. They say "its football" and or thats a lot of money to make and lose in football. Well UK basketball is top 3 in profits for basketball program, makes a lot of money ..... but also we love basketball as much as football fans love their teams. Its not our fault basketball isnt this loved in most of the country outside of like states of North Carolina and Kansas..

I don't know why national media figures opine on these things as if they know better than the fans. They don't know a fraction of what is necessary to have an informed opinion.

First off, he and most media dont blink an eye when Title winning coaches are fired or pushed out in football. They say "its football" and or thats a lot of money to make and lose in football. Well UK basketball is top 3 in profits for basketball program, makes a lot of money ..... but also we love basketball as much as football fans love their teams. Its not our fault basketball isnt this loved in most of the country outside of like states of North Carolina and Kansas..
Great point. Solid. I didn't even think of that. Auburn and LSU fired championship winning coaches. If Bill Belichick can win six Super Bowls and be let go so can Calipari.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Dean Smith was great too but doesn't mean his dead corpse can get the job done. Basically the same situation with Cal.
Dean Smith was a fraud and a cheater but he was outstanding at creating a sqeeky clean holier than though beyond reproach persona.

It's more that Cal sucks as a coach and most coaches anyone mentioned could do better than Cal has the last 4 years AT KENTUCKY. You get a bump from coaching here.

Cal needs to be fired if we don't even field a team next season. That would be better than the garbage we've seen the last several years.

With a different coach you have a chance. With Cal you have no chance.
Well they’ve blocked you three times in what three days? LoL

Nothing wrong with what he said. He's right. IF Mitch fires him, he must have a plan. And I'm sure he does. Of course, his plan might SUCK. But he'll have a plan.
I'm hoping Mitch grows a pair and is like this.
avengers-plan-of-attack.gif

Why does anyone that's a UK fan give a rats rectum what Dan Patrick says. He knows NOTHING about the actual state of our program. He knows very little about Kentucky basketball period ,nor I bet, does he care to. He certainly will not be affected by any decision made in this case so WHY should anyone who loves UK care what he says on a subject he knows VERY LITTLE about

Reactions: KFuqua
Are you insinuating that the non-message boarders approve of Cal? I know a ton of regular old folks and literally no one wants another year of this trash.
I think that's what was being insinuated, but it's certainly not true. I know a LOT of UK fans and none of the people I know out there are on this board. I don't know one single person that wants Cal back.

😂🙄😂I think that's what was being insinuated, but it's certainly not true. I know a LOT of UK fans and none of the people I know out there are on this board. I don't know one single person that wants Cal back.
And we haven’t even talk b-ball in awhile!🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT