ADVERTISEMENT

Dakari with 10pts 10rebs today vs. Clippers

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
He needs to show he can consistently rebound at a high rate. I think I read he's leading the summer league in rebs? If so, that'll go a long way to keeping him on a team

Reactions: anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
Saw a couple minutes of today's game. DaKari played well. Had a couple of nice baskets and a manly board. He will probably be a serviceable back up for 10 years in the league.

Saw a couple minutes of today's game. DaKari played well. Had a couple of nice baskets and a manly board. He will probably be a serviceable back up for 10 years in the league.

If he does that he will make a nice living playing a fun game.

Same here, just saw a little of the game and he look good. Hope he continues this and can play for many years. Glad he is playing great in the Summer league.

Reactions: .S&C.
He is playing with Westbrook and Durant.

All he needs to do is REBOUND. So if he can focus on fighting for position and rebounding in volume, he'll get to play.

Soon as he rebound, better pass that shit out to westbrook or he'll rip Dakari apart.

Wait…you thought Dakari played well?

I watched the game and Dakari was a disaster for most of it.

The game literally started off like this :
-Dakari mishandles a bounce pass from the PG, gathers it down low and ends up getting blocked.
- Opponent misses a shot on the other end, PG calls for a screen from Dakari and he gets called for an illegal screen.

Dakari had his shot blocked at least 3 times today. Set 2 illegal screens. And got burned on the PnRs he defended.

He picked it up some with a AND-1 finish, a foul drawn + left hand finish, but don't let that stat line foul you into thinking he played well. Anyone who actually watched it and dint box score watch knows he had a bad outing.

-Dakari mishandles a bounce pass from the PG, gathers it down low and ends up getting blocked.
- Opponent misses a shot on the other end, PG calls for a screen from Dakari and he gets called for an illegal screen.

Dakari had his shot blocked at least 3 times today. Set 2 illegal screens. And got burned on the PnRs he defended.

He picked it up some with a AND-1 finish, a foul drawn + left hand finish, but don't let that stat line foul you into thinking he played well. Anyone who actually watched it and dint box score watch knows he had a bad outing.

I didn't watch only posting on what I've read. So you're saying he's a scrub and headed over-seas?

Poor 5starRecruit, even NBA.com disagrees with him.

One bright spot for the Thunder, however, was the play of second round draft selection Dakari Johnson, a powerful, bruising center out of the University of Kentucky. Johnson scored 10 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for a double-double that brought his average up to 9.0 rebounds per game this week, third best in Orlando. By snagging five offensive rebounds, Johnson helped the Thunder gain extra possessions and score second chance points.

“I really like the effort he is bringing,” Rajakovic said. “He’s doing a great job with physicality in the low post. For a young player at 19 years old, he knows how to use his length. I see his motor. He’s trying to bring it every day.”

Poor 5starRecruit, even NBA.com disagrees with him.

One bright spot for the Thunder, however, was the play of second round draft selection Dakari Johnson, a powerful, bruising center out of the University of Kentucky. Johnson scored 10 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for a double-double that brought his average up to 9.0 rebounds per game this week, third best in Orlando. By snagging five offensive rebounds, Johnson helped the Thunder gain extra possessions and score second chance points.

“I really like the effort he is bringing,” Rajakovic said. “He’s doing a great job with physicality in the low post. For a young player at 19 years old, he knows how to use his length. I see his motor. He’s trying to bring it every day.”

Um, Okay? Its pretty clear you didn't watch the game, so you can;t form your own opinion.

I stand by assessment on his game today. He truly was hard to watch for majority of it due to his cringeworthy fails. After thinking about it again, i undersold his illegal screen total. I'm sure it hit 4.

I will give him credit for his work on the glass. He;s always been good getting position on the block + a hardworking dude. During SL play, he's let balls get away from him from simply getting out jumped from the opponent. Kinda crazy to think about his rebounding total if he actually could jump and didn't allow people to snatch boards from over his head.

Look, I understand your ambition. I really do. You want to impress people with your basketball knowledge. Hey look at me, I'm Basketball Jones.That's cool. But slow down a iittle and let the game come to you. Set aside your eagerness to be the end-all know-all. Listen to the people that are in the trenches. They know. You'll get there. Just takes time.

You seem intimated by my bball IQ. Its not showing off m8, this is natural stuff.

Also, thanks for telling me you didn't watch the game.

Last edited:
You seem intimated by my bball IQ. Its not showing off m8, this is natural stuff.

Also, thanks for telling me you didn't watch the game.
Why would I be intimidated when I have the professional opinions of Hall Of Fame Coach John Calipari, Future Hall Of Fame Coach Billy Donovan and endless NBA GM's to rely on regarding Dakari Johnson? But hey, you're an anonymous message board basketball wiz. You da man!

I think it will be hard for Johnson to make OKC roster. Kanter, Adams, collision, and McGary all on the that team. But I could see him making another team though.

I think it will be hard for Johnson to make OKC roster. Kanter, Adams, collision, and McGary all on the that team. But I could see him making another team though.
NBA teams can keep 15 guys under contract, with 12 active. They'll likely sign him, then stash him in the D League. What the 5 star idiot in this thread who's talking about Dakari going to the D League like it's the end of his NBA hopes doesn't seem to understand (because he's an idiot) is that OKC controls their own D League franchise, which, conveniently for them, is right there in Oklahoma City. That means they can draft guys they have no intention of keeping on their NBA roster, then monitor how they develop. I'd guess that's what will happen with Dakari, and he'll probably get 2 years to prove himself before the Thunder either move on or make him a full-time part of their real, 12 man roster.

NBA teams can keep 15 guys under contract, with 12 active. They'll likely sign him, then stash him in the D League. What the 5 star idiot in this thread who's talking about Dakari going to the D League like it's the end of his NBA hopes doesn't seem to understand (because he's an idiot) is that OKC controls their own D League franchise, which, conveniently for them, is right there in Oklahoma City. That means they can draft guys they have no intention of keeping on their NBA roster, then monitor how they develop. I'd guess that's what will happen with Dakari, and he'll probably get 2 years to prove himself before the Thunder either move on or make him a full-time part of their real, 12 man roster.

OKC can't sign Dakari to an NBA deal atm. They have no room for him, so after the SL he's signing a cheap D-league deal.

I'm well aware OKC owns his rights, so they'll be keeping an eye on him when he's playing down there. I just think he'll struggle getting a call up in the D-league, which i've stated before :

Lol. What exactly do you see in him to make this statement?

He's so flawed, i honestly question if he'll ever make an NBA roster. OKC is already 15-man deep, so he;s headed right to the D-league once the season begins. I don't envision him playing well enough to warrant a call up in the future.

OKC can't sign Dakari to an NBA deal atm. They have no room for him, so after the SL he's signing a cheap D-league deal.

I'm well aware OKC owns his rights, so they'll be keeping an eye on him when he's playing down there. I just think he'll struggle getting a call up in the D-league, which i've stated before :
They're at 15 right now, and they're actively trying to move Perry Jones and Steve Novak to get below the luxury tax. And you can't sign a draft pick to a D League contract and retain his rights. If OKC doesn't offer Dakari an NBA deal, then he can sign with anyone.

On this subject, you're getting to be like the moron who eventually got himself banned for his relentless antipathy towards Terrence Jones (from the time Jones committed until halfway through his sophomore year- at which point the poster got the boot). We get it- you don't think Dakari has much, if any, chance in the NBA. You might be right, you might be wrong. The problem for you is that you seem to be actively rooting for him to fail, and you're clearly suffering from major confirmation bias in regards to him. You see only the bad, because that's all you expect to see, and all you want to see.

They're at 15 right now, and they're actively trying to move Perry Jones and Steve Novak to get below the luxury tax. And you can't sign a draft pick to a D League contract and retain his rights. If OKC doesn't offer Dakari an NBA deal, then he can sign with anyone.

On this subject, you're getting to be like the moron who eventually got himself banned for his relentless antipathy towards Terrence Jones (from the time Jones committed until halfway through his sophomore year- at which point the poster got the boot). We get it- you don't think Dakari has much, if any, chance in the NBA. You might be right, you might be wrong. The problem for you is that you seem to be actively rooting for him to fail, and you're clearly suffering from major confirmation bias in regards to him. You see only the bad, because that's all you expect to see, and all you want to see.

They've recently signed Michael Qualls to a deal with the intent of having him rehab with them. It was to an NBA deal(1 yr), so he's shockingly gonna be on NBA roster after going undrafted. Good luck dealing Perry + Novak, who's value have hit the gutter.

OKC selected him in the 2nd round. He's now signed to their affiliate. His rights belong to OKC.

I credited his rebounding in here, so no, i don't only see the bad. ( which is a lot in his game)

To think that a 19 year old can't significantly improve and learn the game is the most ridiculous assessment I've ever heard.

Too much ATH and PTI. Everyone thinks they're a sports genius now a days

5 star is right. I watched the same game and Dakari is a Clute with the ball in his hand. Awesome knack for being around the ball when it comes off the rim, but Dakari is struggling when having to move around much and his back to the basket game is non existant.

If he makes it in the league, it will be with a team that needs someone to take up space. He's very good at that.

ADVERTISEMENT