ADVERTISEMENT

D1Baseball.com Early Projections...

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
Vandy and Louisville are #1 seeds and KENTUCKY does not make the tournament
smokin.r191677.gif

I don't think that the prediction is that far off. Kendall Rogers has been covering collegiate baseball for a long time and he has a pretty good grasp on things. I don't know if Louisville will be a 1 seed, but their weekend pitching is outstanding and they should be pretty well built to challenge most teams, and are currently ranked 8th in the nation. The ACC will be a challenge for them this year and will really show how good they are. They took on 18th ranked Indiana tonight and lost 3-0 in a mid-week tilt, but that doesn't really provide a good measuring stick for how good they really are considering it wasn't a weekend series.

I hate to see Louisville be more successful, but I am really hoping that the success they are having lights a fire under Barnhart's ass. Look at what Alabama is trying to do with basketball now that Auburn has hired a seemingly legitimate basketball coach. Bama has responded just a year later by firing their coach and throwing a whole lot of money at some of the game's more successful coaches. UK in baseball has sat by idly while Louisville shows us up with numerous CWS appearances. Meanwhile, UK remains the only SEC to not make the CWS (if I am not mistaken).

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:
I don't think that the prediction is that far off. Kendall Rogers has been covering collegiate baseball for a long time and he has a pretty good grasp on things. I don't know if Louisville will be a 1 seed, but their weekend pitching is outstanding and they should be pretty well built to challenge most teams, and are currently ranked 8th in the nation. The ACC will be a challenge for them this year and will really show how good they are. They took on 18th ranked Indiana tonight and lost 3-0 in a mid-week tilt, but that doesn't really provide a good measuring stick for how good they really are considering it wasn't a weekend series.

I hate to see Louisville be more successful, but I am really hoping that the success they are having lights a fire under Barnhart's ass. Look at what Alabama is trying to do with basketball now that Auburn has hired a seemingly legitimate basketball coach. Bama has responded just a year later by firing their coach and throwing a whole lot of money at some of the game's more successful coaches. UK in baseball has sat by idly while Louisville shows us up with numerous CWS appearances. Meanwhile, UK remains the only SEC to not make the CWS (if I am not mistaken).
3...No you are not mistake...UK is the only school in the SEC who has never played in the CWS...MB made a huge mistake giving Henderson the extension AND raise that will require a big buyout now...I just don't understand why the powers that be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ sit back and allow this to happen and MB to be outdueled by TJ...Hell we can't even get a baseball stadium built and they have already expanded on theirs TWICE...pitiful!!!...And do most of you know that ALL of their games are free UNLESS UK is in town ...
smokin.r191677.gif

Not only has UK not played in a CWS, it it has not played in a super-regional. Missed great chances in both 2012 and last year.

Good analogy re Bama basketball. Also, UofL's success in baseball could help wake up certain folks at UK that it's baseball ceiling is higher than realized. For years, the basketball only administration at UK (pre- Barnhart) sat back with a defeatist attitude that UK just can't compete in football or baseball since the SEC is so tough and the lack of in-state talent. Louisville comes in first in football, and now in baseball, and starts having impressive success, albeit not against SEC competition. UK can compete at a high level in baseball with the scholarship limitations and some talent nearby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT