ADVERTISEMENT

CWS Scoreboards

wildcatbd21

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
Sellersburg, IN
What is going on with the scoreboards at CWS? Looks like they are taking down the banner at the top that says Kentucky Wildcats. Are they just getting new banners or might they be expanding the video boards the extra few feet?

I had noticed recently that there were some tears in them. Not sure what the material was but I think they are likely just replacing them.

Thank God, I was afraid they weren't going to clean those up. They were starting to fade and just looked plain ugly!

Reactions: JasonS.
CLF9oInWgAEoLNi.jpg

This was from UK's Twitter and KSR

It will be interesting to see what else they ultimately do to dress the old place up, as well as the final graphics for some of the new elements.

I think a big chrome UK would look pretty sweet! That's a lot of blue paint, will be interesting to see what it looks like on the exterior.

Reactions: Kycatspaws
It will certainly look much better blue. And I agree with above poster, a chrome UK would look awesome.

One of the media persons (Can't remember which), had stated that it was shared with them on their media tour that the banners were being replaced.

The banners actually needed to be updated a few years ago when the new boards were installed, but that was a different time than we live in now.... From a cosmetic standpoint those banners drove me more crazy than any other thing in the stadium. Old, ugly black and white lettering above two of the most looked at points in the stadium. Yuck.

Thank god they're doing something about them and painting the backs. Little things like this will do wonders for creating a new and improved feel in and out of the stadium.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
I say paint the whole damn stadium blue...i still wish they would of done brick or limestone on the inside with the shrubs like Georgia

If you zoom on the live cam, it looks like they're starting to do that on the opposite side of the field. I'm thinking they're making a limestone border to the field.

GMtmwb6.png

Reactions: RV2
If you zoom on the live cam, it looks like they're starting to do that on the opposite side of the field. I'm thinking they're making a limestone border to the field.

GMtmwb6.png

Verrrry interesting. Good find. Remeber them saying they were gonna do all new graphics.

Realllllllllly hope theyre still planning on covering up those God awful ramps on the r corners like they were supposed to. As well as the banners/signs that were supposed to go above the 4 corner suites. Feel like that could end up looking tacky but could be good for keeping in the noise. Those suites really need to be painted or something at least.

Verrrry interesting. Good find. Remeber them saying they were gonna do all new graphics.

Realllllllllly hope theyre still planning on covering up those God awful ramps on the r corners like they were supposed to. As well as the banners/signs that were supposed to go above the 4 corner suites. Feel like that could end up looking tacky but could be good for keeping in the noise. Those suites really need to be painted or something at least.

I haven't heard or seen anything about banners and signs that were supposed to go above the corner suites. That one is news to me.

I drove by today on my way to the VA and it didn't look like the picture, it was almost like a unc blue.

GMtmwb6.png
They painted the newest portion (in front of the new seating) blue. You don't paint a concrete wall blue before applying masonry.

I've always said UK should wrap the field with limestone. Especially when they're wrapping the new practice facility in limestone. But I assume that would've made too much sense for UK.

ADVERTISEMENT