ADVERTISEMENT

Crowdus

Hate to lose DL even guys like Dinkins who have only played a modest amount. I'm sure Crowdus is a fine person but he's contributed exactly zero on the field. Good luck to them both.

Reactions: katwest
UK might have what....5 scholly receivers for spring game if things go as it could. Truly realistic

Key (I think he stays)
Browns-Stephens
Brandon White
Shamar Porter
Ardell Banks

I have questions about Barion and UK

And only 2 WR recruits coming in. That WR room is scary thin for the amount of 3 WR we run

Reactions: bluecoon1
hindsight 20/20 and all that...i was skeptical of Crowdus' prep rankings when he didn't put up numbers - or get more blueblood attention- against better competition after transferring to Florida for his junior season.

Hate losing anybody, but Dinkins is a surprise to me. Always seemed to play well when he was in the game. Wonder if Gilbert and Gadson was just better in practice?

UK might have what....5 scholly receivers for spring game if things go as it could. Truly realistic

Key (I think he stays)probably
Browns-Stephens
Brandon White
Shamar Porter
Ardell Banks

And only 2 WR recruits coming in. That WR room is scary thin for the amount of 3 WR we run
Probably be a portal priority.

Reactions: YaketySax
hindsight 20/20 and all that...i was skeptical of Crowdus' prep rankings when he didn't put up numbers - or get more blueblood attention- against better competition after transferring to Florida for his junior season.
I have posted this in the past about Crowdus…I didn’t have an expectation for him coming in because I know some folks tied in with IMG and he was not exactly going to be welcomed back his senior year there. Not a guy that was taking care of his business and that’s a place that expects it. So combine a bit of inflated rating from playing in ky with a lack of discipline etc and some stuff was going to have to change for him. That being said, he may go find success somewhere. The situation with the offense here doesn’t really allow you to tell what’s going on and we play so few guys too. He may go find success at UL or something. But our offensive stuff is just weird to me. I mean we passed on Watkins out of his UL transfer and he goes to ole miss and was a leading receiver.

Remember when Mumme carried about 20 wrs. He subbed them almost every play to keep fresh wr legs in the game.

You are going to see transfers when the players realize you don’t sub at their positions.

Also not subbing is a morale killer.

Key (I think he stays)
Browns-Stephens
Brandon White
Shamar Porter
Ardell Banks

That's true - but we had only 4 receivers catch a pass this entire season. 40 catches for Barion Brown, 38 for Key, 37 for Tayvion, 5 for Anthony Brown-Stephens. We need depth if guys get hurt, but hard to blame people for leaving when we basically don't play anybody outside the top 3.

I have posted this in the past about Crowdus…I didn’t have an expectation for him coming in because I know some folks tied in with IMG and he was not exactly going to be welcomed back his senior year there. Not a guy that was taking care of his business and that’s a place that expects it. So combine a bit of inflated rating from playing in ky with a lack of discipline etc and some stuff was going to have to change for him. That being said, he may go find success somewhere. The situation with the offense here doesn’t really allow you to tell what’s going on and we play so few guys too. He may go find success at UL or something. But our offensive stuff is just weird to me. I mean we passed on Watkins out of his UL transfer and he goes to ole miss and was a leading receiver.
Watkins is a good receiver. Passing on him is a miss I didn’t realize we did that

Probably be a portal priority.
Quit emphasizing so many kids who played WR in high school. Prospect hard for backfield kids who are physical and can take the hits ... proposition them as a wide receiver. Example: Wan'Dale was a RB in high school ...

Watkins committed to UK then decommitted and went to UL. Not sure we even looked at him when he left UL. I could see where there may be bad blood there.

Remember when Mumme carried about 20 wrs. He subbed them almost every play to keep fresh wr legs in the game.

You are going to see transfers when the players realize you don’t sub at their positions.

Also not subbing is a morale killer.
Playing 50 plays a game is as well. These kids wanna play, wanna make a difference. I’d be crazy if I was not getting the playing time. But I’d be taking care of my business and forcing them to play me. We seem to get locked in with few receivers. Where has Cummings been all year, Anderson, again it goes back to the slow ball. I expect us to lose more offensive players than defensive.

Playing 50 plays a game is as well. These kids wanna play, wanna make a difference. I’d be crazy if I was not getting the playing time. But I’d be taking care of my business and forcing them to play me. We seem to get locked in with few receivers. Where has Cummings been all year, Anderson, again it goes back to the slow ball. I expect us to lose more offensive players than defensive.
Cummings and Anderson were down the depth chart. they played mainly because Kattus and Dingle were out injured. Now based on what they have shown in their very limited time this year, they should be getting more PT and should both be keys to the offense next year. Andersons leap for a first down on his first ever reception shows he has some toughness and drive. Hope to see more of him.

Reactions: THE_OAK
No surprise. Always wondered why he rarely saw the field. Seems like he was bragged on in preseason about the 'big strides' he'd made. Once the season started, hardly saw him on the field and almost never was he targeted. Previous posts make it sound like he just wasn't good enough and that's probably true. But our WR coach hasn't made a name for himself in the development piece of his coaching. Did any of the WRs this year look better than last year? In stretches perhaps, but, overall, the 3 main guys didn't seem to make much progress from last year to this. So, maybe Crowdus isn't SEC quality. Or, maybe our WR coach did a horrible job in getting the most out of him, developing his skills, etc. I'm thinking it's as least as much the latter as the former.

I don't think they rotated the WRs because only three of them on this year's team could get open consistently. Just not a position they've recruited well the last few cycles.
Sounds like a Woodward problem more than anything else. Our two best and most consistent (imo) receivers over the last three years were Wandale and Tayvion Robinson, both transferred here.

Key (I think he stays)
Browns-Stephens
Brandon White
Shamar Porter
Ardell Banks

It’s mind boggling how many receivers have not panned out and left the program in the last few years.

That's true - but we had only 4 receivers catch a pass this entire season. 40 catches for Barion Brown, 38 for Key, 37 for Tayvion, 5 for Anthony Brown-Stephens. We need depth if guys get hurt, but hard to blame people for leaving when we basically don't play anybody outside the top 3.

We play mostly 3 and make all our efforts towards targeting 1 guy. It cost us all our wr depth before the season and now costs even more. Given this timing, it sounds like one of those honest conversations stoops talks about.

I don't understand the roster management of that position. Because we need depth. No reason we can't rotate guys a bit

Thanks for reminding me of Watkins. I think he was dinged a bit early for Ole Miss and, yet, did lead them in receptions with 53. Glad he did well. When the staff passes on a kid like that, I assume it’s because they worry about chemistry.

Cummings and Anderson were down the depth chart. they played mainly because Kattus and Dingle were out injured. Now based on what they have shown in their very limited time this year, they should be getting more PT and should both be keys to the offense next year. Andersons leap for a first down on his first ever reception shows he has some toughness and drive. Hope to see more of him.
Anderson had been injured mid-season. He played quite a bit for a true frosh in a deep room.

Reactions: mrschwump
It’s mind boggling how many receivers have not panned out and left the program in the last few years.
Christian Lewis had 29 receptions for 637 yards for Troy. Harris had 396 yards for Marshall. Magwood had about 40 yards receiving for UCF. He only played in 4 games. I suspect injury. Smoke played STs for Colorado, I believe. I think Tisdale must have RSed, as I don’t think he made the field. I think Albert must have RSed, as well. Looks like Jordan Anthony had 3 catches for about 14 yards for TAMU. Drennen had about 46 total yards for Toledo.

Christian Lewis had 29 receptions for 637 yards for Troy. Harris had 396 yards for Marshall. Magwood had about 40 yards receiving for UCF. He only played in 4 games. I suspect injury. Smoke played STs for Colorado, I believe. I think Tisdale must have RSed, as I don’t think he made the field. I think Albert must have RSed, as well. Looks like Jordan Anthony had 3 catches for about 14 yards for TAMU. Drennen had about 46 total yards for Toledo.
Which makes me wonder, some of these guys have produced, but at lower level programs. Are they just not that talented? I will say that Drennen with 46 total yards for Toledo…….what a BUST . I was so pumped when we got him . The next Lynn Bowden.

Reactions: gamecockcat
Hard to say any skill players left UK and proceeded to tear it up and make a statement they were under used

Reactions: K_TIME
Hard to say any skill players left UK and proceeded to tear it up and make a statement they were under used

I don't think anyone saying they should've played ahead of any of the guys, but there is no excuse for not rotating guys in to make sure we have depth. No doubt magwood and lewis could've provided competent depth because we saw it from them before.

All season we were one injury away from a complete catastrophe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT