ADVERTISEMENT

Cowherd is gone

No they don't, and it's not even close really. In this day and age, it has become way too easy for people to get online, find something not PC to their standards, find others to gang up, and go literally insane over it. Those are the facts.

It is close. Certain people don't like it when someone says something racist, homophobic, sexist, etc...in the media and they will (as you put it) go insane over it. The people who I'm referring to in my original post will then go insane about the controversy started by those who want people to be "PC". The people who complain about those PC people literally complain as much the PC people because they do it at the same time.

I personally don't understand why you and others have a problem with people wanting to hold people accountable for what they say. Just like Cowherd and others have the right to say racist, sexist, and homophobic things, people in our society have a right to call them out on it? Why is it okay for Cowherd to say essentially say "baseball is so easy a Dominican can do it" but not someone else to point out that its a racist comment?

And for the people claiming he was taken out of context; he was not. "Baseball is so easy a Dominican can do it" and " baseball is too complex? A third of the sport is from the DR which is not known for world class academic abilities." is expressing the same thing. The paraphrased statement and the actual statement has a distinction without difference.

It's pretty sad that citing facts is now akin to racism. If I say a black man is more likely to commit a crime than a white man, that is considered racist too even though it is backed up my mountains of data. SMH.

Cowherd has said many more dumb things than this in his years on the radio.

It is close. Certain people don't like it when someone says something racist, homophobic, sexist, etc...in the media and they will (as you put it) go insane over it. The people who I'm referring to in my original post will then go insane about the controversy started by those who want people to be "PC". The people who complain about those PC people literally complain as much the PC people because they do it at the same time.

I personally don't understand why you and others have a problem with people wanting to hold people accountable for what they say. Just like Cowherd and others have the right to say racist, sexist, and homophobic things, people in our society have a right to call them out on it? Why is it okay for Cowherd to say essentially say "baseball is so easy a Dominican can do it" but not someone else to point out that its a racist comment?

And for the people claiming he was taken out of context; he was not. "Baseball is so easy a Dominican can do it" and " baseball is too complex? A third of the sport is from the DR which is not known for world class academic abilities." is expressing the same thing. The paraphrased statement and the actual statement has a distinction without difference.

what are you talking about? why are you just blabbering on and on and on? good grief. if you think what Cowherd said was racist, then that's YOUR opinion. obviously, if I thought what he said was so damn terrible, I would have made more issue of it. but at the end of the day, even had i found it offensive, i wouldn't be on an internet message board (like i said) going insane over it. because at the end of the day, we all know the man is not a friggin' racist. he's controversial for hits and listeners. he says controversial shit all the time, and 1 time he may have slipped up and said something you deem racist? so now we're all supposed to gang up on the man like a wolf pack?? I've never even liked the guy, but again, good grief. I've never listened to his show, don't care to, won't ever care to, but you PC people just want to get online and find SOMETHING to get mad about, find SOMEONE you can destroy for whatever reason, i don't know. maybe your lives suck so damn bad, that this is your only outlet. i'll never get it. now if you all want to bash someone, bash Hulk Hogan. i'll get on that train. this one? not so much. go grab a snickers.

Last edited:
You certainly are passionate about this. However, you need to take an English 101 course.

1) Grammar. Your's is poor. You're struggling with your space bar I imagine. Or your keyboard is broken. This statement also shows the proper usage of your and you're.

Did I miss something here? Did you use bad grammar to correct someone's grammar?

ESPN is just your typical jilted lover. Colin was quitting and they found an opening to get rid of him before he quit. The lengths people have tried to stretch his comments because they don't like him is laughable. The talk was about GM's becoming managers and how some think the game is too complex and you need to be a former ballplayer to manage and run a ballclub. He took those comments and took them farther saying the game is not complex, it can be learned and played anywhere. The DR doesn't have world class facilities. Most learn the game in a dirt field so is it complex in that sense? No.

For what's it worth, I disgree completly with that thought. I think you have to be really baseball smart to manage, no matter where you came from. I've seen Colin do this a lot, to make a point he stretches his point to all these different points to tie it all in. It doesn't make him right but he tries his darndest to try. Of course now a days, if you mention anything not PC, offended America gets their arms all up and cry. Bottom line, he didn't mean Latin players are too stupid or poor to run a ball club and people who aren't blinded by the hate of him, could tell that. The MLB, who has bigger problems and bigger fish to fry chose to attack it instead of just leaving it alone. Still right now I don't know why they said anything.

Off with his head!!!
Seriously.

All I'd meant was I literally had only heard, "a third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic." But hey man if he saved himself some therapy bills putting the word context in quotes, more power to him.

what are you talking about? why are you just blabbering on and on and on? good grief. if you think what Cowherd said was racist, then that's YOUR opinion. obviously, if I thought what he said was so damn terrible, I would have made more issue of it. but at the end of the day, even had i found it offensive, i wouldn't be on an internet message board (like i said) going insane over it. because at the end of the day, we all know the man is not a friggin' racist. he's controversial for hits and listeners. he says controversial shit all the time, and 1 time he may have slipped up and said something you deem racist? so now we're all supposed to gang up on the man like a wolf pack?? I've never even liked the guy, but again, good grief. I've never listened to his show, don't care to, won't ever care to, but you PC people just want to get online and find SOMETHING to get mad about, find SOMEONE you can destroy for whatever reason, i don't know. maybe your lives suck so damn bad, that this is your only outlet. i'll never get it. now if you all want to bash someone, bash Hulk Hogan. i'll get on that train. this one? not so much. go grab a snickers.

Who exactly is going insane over it and what is you definition of going insane over something? Is calling his comments racist going insane? Is questioning his integrity going insane? What is insane about any of the responses to this situation? Furthermore, how is the "insanity" that you see towards the critics of Cowherd, Hogan, and others different from your complaints towards the general PC crowd?

People destroy themselves. If you say something like what Cowherd said or what Hulk Hogan said and you get in trouble for it, that's not on the "PC crowd". It's on the person. God forbid we live in a world where we get held accountable for what we say.

Who exactly is going insane over it and what is you definition of going insane over something? Is calling his comments racist going insane? Is questioning his integrity going insane? What is insane about any of the responses to this situation? Furthermore, how is the "insanity" that you see towards the critics of Cowherd, Hogan, and others different from your complaints towards the general PC crowd?

People destroy themselves. If you say something like what Cowherd said or what Hulk Hogan said and you get in trouble for it, that's not on the "PC crowd". It's on the person. God forbid we live in a world where we get held accountable for what we say.
Howard Stern has enjoyed this post.

Reactions: Mike-D

[laughing]

Just agree to disagree and move on. I have ventured far enough in this nonsense.

I finally heard Colins comments this morning....are you kiddin me??? He actually got fired for that??? Every poster o this board says worse than that every minute on here

Are white people the only racist?
I'm starting to see a pattern.
Damn crackers.

Your's and yours are both correct forms of possessive pronouns.

Our 'apostrophe-S' construction is a marker for the genitive case, meaning the item or concept in question is associated with or belongs to what or whomever the genitive noun or pronoun represents.

If "your's" were a valid construction, then writing, "That jersey is your's" would have to mean, "That jersey belongs to your," or at least, "That jersey is associated with your," since "your" is the word thus put into the genitive case.

But that's gibberish.

(And I think Flip was being silly on purpose.)

Reactions: Blueaz
If I were the grammarian-in-charge, I'd allow "your's" since it is so similar to the usual rule for constructing possessives. English is a big language with exceptions for everything. It seems miserly to get that finicky over something everyone understands. Unless there's genuine ambiguity, allow it as a variant.

Next case: less vs. fewer.

Fmr. Letterman writer

Gerard Mulligan ‏@GerardMulligan1 47m47 minutes ago
Yesterday in the Bronx--the annual Dominican Day Parade. Grand Marshal: Colin Cowherd.

Those of you saying there is nothing wrong would probably be he first to complain if the comments insinuated something about your own religion, race, creed etc. The fact of the matter is, most of the conflict that exists in our world is a result of people ignorantly hating people that are different. Those of us with more enlightened sensibilities would prefer to educate those of us who are ignorant, so as to avoid unnecessary problems. I'm the first to agree that PC bs does get annoying, and our society is way over the top about it, but if abiding by some over the top pc rules helps to alleviate some of the hatred and conflict in our conflict ridden world, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

And frankly, If you really think it's ok for a sports announcer to make a comment that indicated all dominicans are stupid, I have to question your own IQ? When someone works for a company, their words and actions represent that company and it's image. Of course ESPN fired him. I can't believe anyone would question that...unless you yourself are a bigot and have zero respect for dominicans.
Holy crap... stfu.

Telling the truth about anyone other than evil white males is the #1 way to be labeled a pariah in this screwed up country.

I finally heard Colins comments this morning....are you kiddin me??? He actually got fired for that??? Every poster o this board says worse than that every minute on here

Could you please cite me examples of all these people here saying worse? I mean if "every" poster here is supposedly doing it constantly, that should be might easy for you to do, right? So let's see it. Amazes me that some of you guys don't seem to understand how offensive this statement was.

And Cowherd did NOT get "fired" for it. They'd already announced that he was leaving after his current contract expires next month. The only decision made because of this was to take him off the air until then. He still technically has his job and he's still getting his entire paycheck.

Last edited:
Not to take the thread OT, but anyone familiar with the new guys Mason and Ireland on ESPNU now that have taken Colin's place?

I assume these guys were going to take over anyways in that time slot, but just are a week early.

There is nothing racist or didrespectful toward Dominicans in his remarks that i heard...you can argue all you want if it was a lttle distateful...but in no way racist

There is nothing racist or didrespectful toward Dominicans in his remarks that i heard...

You have got to be joking. You're honestly claiming it wasn't disrespectful toward Dominicans? Seriously??? I don't even know how to respond to a statement that dumb.

Last edited:
Not to take the thread OT, but anyone familiar with the new guys Mason and Ireland on ESPNU now that have taken Colin's place?

I assume these guys were going to take over anyways in that time slot, but just are a week early.

Two local hacks based here in LA. ESPN could have done much better in replacing Cowherd, but maybe this is just temporary.

If mason and ireland are eapns answer....then that network sucks wprse than I thought. Its like mike and mike 2. Boring boring boring!! At least herd was often interesting, whether you agreed with him or not. He wasnt a pc bore. He was atvthe least, thought provoking.

He said the dominican republic wasnt known for academic institutions...how is that anything other than fact??? Thats not discriminatory at all

He said the dominican republic wasnt known for academic institutions...how is that anything other than fact??? Thats not discriminatory at all

NO, that's not all he said. Did you not pay any attention at all to the context in which he made the statement? He was making an argument that baseball was a simple game, and not complex like some people claim. And as his support for that argument, he said this:

“It’s too complex? I’ve never bought into that ‘baseball is too complex.’ Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic has not been known in my lifetime as having world class academic abilities. A lot of those kids come from rough backgrounds and have not had opportunities academically that other kids from other countries have. Baseball is like any sport. It’s mostly instincts."

In other words, he was essentially citing as his proof of baseball's simplicity the fact that even people as dumb and uneducated as Dominicans can understand and succeed at it. It was a remarkably stupid and offensive statement for someone in his position to make. For you to say you don't even understand how it's "disrespectful" to Dominicans is just mind-boggling to me. Good lord, man, clean the wax out your brain and think for a moment about the underlying point he was trying to make there.

Last edited:
Reactions: WSU/UKfan
Good point, Bowfreak. Some of these PC types should try being a Biblical Creationist for a while.

Holy crap... stfu.

Telling the truth about anyone other than evil white males is the #1 way to be labeled a pariah in this screwed up country.
Nice, so you believe the truth is that all dominicans are dumb huh? You must be a genius yourself to have ascertained such wisdom! And guess what, I'm white, and I don't think it's cool to make assumptions about anyone, including white people...though people like yourself make it very easy for minorities to make assumptions about us. Way to spread the hatred!

Reactions: jameslee32
Nice, so you believe the truth is that all dominicans are dumb huh? You must be a genius yourself to have ascertained such wisdom! And guess what, I'm white, and I don't think it's cool to make assumptions about anyone, including white people...though people like yourself make it very easy for minorities to make assumptions about us. Way to spread the hatred!
Another moron completely misquoting what was actually said.

Hope you get over your white guilt... some day...

Another moron completely misquoting what was actually said.

Hope you get over your white guilt... some day...
I have no guilt of any color. I am a respectful human being. Maybe you should try it sometimes...
and your quote: "Telling the truth about anyone other than evil white males is the #1 way to be labeled a pariah in this screwed up country."
Well what truth were you talking about there??? Clearly, you were indicating that Cowherd told the truth, so it seems you agree with his assertion that all dominicans are dumb. And for the record, I never misquoted you. I inferred the obvious from what you typed. But if I misinterpreted what you meant by truth, by all means, elaborate.

Two local hacks based here in LA. ESPN could have done much better in replacing Cowherd, but maybe this is just temporary.

I just checked Mason's Twitter. It is just for this week. Personally, I would like to see Ryan Russillo in that slot, along with another co-host. I like his show (not as good without SVP but still), but it is only on the air for 1 hour a day on TV.

The other interesting thing about all this is that Colin Cowherd and Clay Travis now work for the same company (if Cowherd does go to Fox Sports). What if they team up to form The Douche-iest radio show of all time? Scary thought, although they would kill each other in less than one hour though.

Bye, bye..,, ESPN let him go today. He had made comments that baseball was so simple even Dominicans can do well (paraphrasing)
What a tool
Dominicans are from the country of Dominica in the East Indies and they don't play baseball. Since most people thinks the The Dominician Republic is the same place he basically was let go for telling the truth.

ESPN must be full of idiots.

Whenever he settles can someone post the dial on the local station so I can be sure to never tune it in.

ADVERTISEMENT