ADVERTISEMENT

Commitment Tobias Gilliam Skill Stats Nike Columbus

Looks pretty good. Give him a year of strength training and put on a little mass and we're getting the right type of sec corners!

This kid is the type of explosive quick twitch athlete UK needs in its secondary to compete in the SEC. A whole new level of athleticism that will allow UK to compete with the talented freaks they go up against in the conference. I used to feel like we where bringing a knife to a gunfight, but Stoops is beginning to get a few guns in our arsenal as well. I love the infusion of talent he has brought to UK. A few more athletes like Tobias and we're in business.

99th percentile of all athletes tested. We were never getting athletes of the caliber before. SPARQ 40 yard dashes are laser timed so that 4.51 is legit and very impressive. The actual number of players that can run a 4.5 is far less than most people realize. Even more important is the shuttle time. It can't be stated enough how crucial agility is in being a great corner

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
how much difference is there between 5 foot 12 inches and 6 feet even in Ohio? My math is rusty.

I can't figure it out, but I think a lot of the confusion arises because the US TRIED to switch to the metric system several decades ago.

But while I am impressed with the young man overall being less than TWO meters tall doesn't sound that impressive to me. Of course not too many DBs are over 6' 6" tall, although UL is supposed to have one that is very close. Then again, he is a transfer, but who isn't at UL?

Great to see UK getting a lot of players that performed very well up there at the camp. Gilliam, Young, and Jackson all played very well.

I can't figure it out, but I think a lot of the confusion arises because the US TRIED to switch to the metric system several decades ago.

But while I am impressed with the young man overall being less than TWO meters tall doesn't sound that impressive to me. Of course not too many DBs are over 6' 6" tall, although UL is supposed to have one that is very close. Then again, he is a transfer, but who isn't at UL?
Well I know stoops wants dbs that are 6' and over so I don't think he'd recruit Gilliam if he was if he was just 5' 12".

SPARQ 40 yard dashes are laser timed so that 4.51 is legit and very impressive. The actual number of players that can run a 4.5 is far less than most people realize.

So true. Look at 40 times at the NFL combine. Only a small number of those players are faster.

Stoops and company really does have an eye for talent. Hopefully it isn't like last year where we got poached a month before signing day.

Well I know stoops wants dbs that are 6' and over so I don't think he'd recruit Gilliam if he was if he was just 5' 12".
Guys, 12" is a foot. 5' 12" doesn't make sense. That would have said 6 feet tall.

Therefore, I can come to no other conclusion than those numbers are metric. He's 5 meters and 12 centimeters tall. Now my Spanish isn't good enough to do a precise translation, but I bet that's a team record.

Guys, 12" is a foot. 5' 12" doesn't make sense. That would have said 6 feet tall.

Therefore, I can come to no other conclusion than those numbers are metric. He's 5 meters and 12 centimeters tall. Now my Spanish isn't good enough to do a precise translation, but I bet that's a team record.

[roll]

:cool2:

that must be what it is cause i know for fact this kid is taller than 5' 12" and im pretty sure 5 meters and 12 centimeters comes out to 6'1" so that sounds right to me.

Reactions: SaguaroCat
that must be what it is cause i know for fact this kid is taller than 5' 12" and im pretty sure 5 meters and 12 centimeters comes out to 6'1" so that sounds right to me.

1 meter = 39.37 inches; 2.54cm = 1 inch. 5 meters = 196.85 inches = 16.404ft 12 cm = 4.72 inches.

5 meters, 12 cm = 201.57 inches or 16.8 ft.

Sorry, the engineering geek is coming out in me. [smoke]

Let's just say the young man is 6' 1" and call it good.

old comedy bit from a movie "name escaping me" had something along these lines and thats why i've been cracking up with this thread. deep down i was hoping someone would come along to correct us so we could argue. lol

1 meter = 39.37 inches; 2.54cm = 1 inch. 5 meters = 196.85 inches = 16.404ft 12 cm = 4.72 inches.

5 meters, 12 cm = 201.57 inches or 16.8 ft.

Sorry, the engineering geek is coming out in me. [smoke]

Let's just say the young man is 6' 1" and call it good.
One of the 21 guys running for president is big on us changing to the metric system. Maybe he is on to something we don't realize how important it really is.

ADVERTISEMENT