ADVERTISEMENT

College Football News UK preview

They do seem to look on the positive side for teams. Not so sure about they top 10 players assuming they are listed in order. Blake McClain over Stamps? Drew Barker in top 10? There are several more. I think Boom should be near the top. It was good they had MacGinnins on the list. He can be a dangerous weapon for us with his leg.

Before their acquisition by Fox, then Scout, I thought CFN was a pretty decent (and objective) blog site. But it does seem they have undergone change. Scout knows that good news sells better than bad news and CFN does seem to be "less objective" in their views than they were when they got started. JMO.

Peace

I have always liked this site. They're definitely more optimistic than most other sites, but I think Fiutak and Cirminello know football.

They do seem to look on the positive side for teams. Not so sure about they top 10 players assuming they are listed in order. Blake McClain over Stamps? Drew Barker in top 10? There are several more. I think Boom should be near the top. It was good they had MacGinnins on the list. He can be a dangerous weapon for us with his leg.

It is hard to overstate how much different our results might become with modest improvement in offensive and defensive efficiency, if we just improve enough to consistently get that kid within 50 yds of the posts. I am sold on Austin MacGuinness. If he does not win us several football games over the next three years, we really have something to be ashamed of as a program. He has the ability to kick bushel baskets full of field goals. I'll take them over 4th down gambling just about every time the choice is presented. Even when not winning games for us outright, he can change the game dynamics by keeping us within reach.

Thanks for the link. I, too, am optimistic about this upcoming season. Go Cats!!

It is hard to overstate how much different our results might become with modest improvement in offensive and defensive efficiency, if we just improve enough to consistently get that kid within 50 yds of the posts. I am sold on Austin MacGuinness. If he does not win us several football games over the next three years, we really have something to be ashamed of as a program. He has the ability to kick bushel baskets full of field goals. I'll take them over 4th down gambling just about every time the choice is presented. Even when not winning games for us outright, he can change the game dynamics by keeping us within reach.

As only a freshman, he earned my backing. I know he missed a few. But, he hit a lot of pressure kicks too. I look for the accuracy to improve by leaps and bounds (not that it was bad last year) and the distance to increase. He was hitting 53 yarders last season. With room to spare. I can see him going out for a game winning 55 to 57 yarder in the future and I will be shocked if he missed it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT