ADVERTISEMENT

Coen a Candidate for Boston College Head Man.

To those who want him leaving, stop pouting. If he gets the BC job, that's a tremendous opportunity to prove himself and a significant pay raise and a place to coach close to where he's from and where he's a great fit.

In fact, although it would suck to lose him, it would be a major message that UK is big league. When was the last time a Power conference poached one of our coordinators to be a head coach? If we're placing assistants in Power head coaching jobs, we're doing good.

Dan Mullen and Joe Moorhead without much thought.
Mullen can patiently wait for a major head coaching job or stay happy at ESPN. Moorhead would be a major hit. We could double the salary he's making at Akron. But I hope we can keep the guy we already have.

Reactions: jeffries123
There are probably 20 OC candidates out there that can match what Coen achieved with UK this season( 98 total offense. Dead last in pace of play).
Let's see who can recruit like Coen. Let's see if Stone Saunders stays, if he leaves. As for the offense, our scoring was good.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Total offense = 98
3rd down conversions %= 75
Pace of play = 118

Why do fans act like this guy can’t be replaced? It’s comical

Maybe it's not the OC, could be the hed man or even more like it the player's ability to make decisions fast enough to play at a faster pace... I don't know who's fault it is and neither does any fans on Cats illustrated...
You tell me that you know and I will listen, but I will wait to see with my own eyes... Yes it drove me crazy last year how slow thing's were called in... After Coen went to the box and not the field level things slowed down.. Now I don't know who's a fault...
Stoops has to get this thing going faster if he wants better player's to come play for him...
Player's want to move fast and get after the other team not drag around like a Snail... Hopefully the team will play fast this season....

GBB

Maybe it's not the OC, could be the hed man or even more like it the player's ability to make decisions fast enough to play at a faster pace... I don't know who's fault it is and neither does any fans on Cats illustrated...
You tell me that you know and I will listen, but I will wait to see with my own eyes... Yes it drove me crazy last year how slow thing's were called in... After Coen went to the box and not the field level things slowed down.. Now I don't know who's a fault...
Stoops has to get this thing going faster if he wants better player's to come play for him...
Player's want to move fast and get after the other team not drag around like a Snail... Hopefully the team will play fast this season....

GBB
This is the same group that pissed and moaned about play 6 months ago but have chosen to ignore UK's last 2 games when the future of the O was on display. Have a feeling some of this is from basketball only people because Calipari has them so miserable they want to bring the rest of us down to their level.

To those who want him leaving, stop pouting. If he gets the BC job, that's a tremendous opportunity to prove himself and a significant pay raise and a place to coach close to where he's from and where he's a great fit.
Thanks for telling us what to do Opie.
I’m starting to worry. I’m afraid Coen might accidentally accept two jobs, simultaneously, and end up unemployed!!

Oh, I'm completely calm about this. I mean, what could possibly go wrong if Coen accidentally becomes the world's first double-booked, simultaneously employed, and unemployed person?

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack

GBB
This is a good point and no question tempo helps any offense simply by putting more stress on the defense. Stoops may have put reigns on the tempo but I'm not sure Liam was much of a tempo guy either, just not part of the pro style.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT