ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Shannon Dawson

Dec 9, 2009
Hello Kentucky fans,
How is Coach Dawson doing these days? Do y'all like what he brings to your program? Thanks.

-Crew

I don't think a valid judgement can be made on that until some games are played.

Hello Kentucky fans,
How is Coach Dawson doing these days? Do y'all like what he brings to your program? Thanks.

-Crew
Quite well from comments by players and Coach Stoops, a much smoother spring offensive process, calmer and more efficient QBs, and getting the passes downfield better.

aside from knowing how the play calling in a game is gonna go.... we have been thrilled with the hire. he seems to be a very good qb coach and both our qb's have seemed to improve since his arrival. the O is stretching the field more and the runs seem to be well designed in theory. call back week 5 of the season and we'll let you know for sure though. lol

Dawson will benefit fortuitously from the fact that Conrad's and GAA's January enrollments plus lots of returning players maturing on a natural career progression will make Kentucky's offense better at every position, with lone possible exception of left tackle. Natural maturation at quarterback and wide receiver should be major his year. As a 4th year junior, Towles should be much better this year. For the 1st time, Kentucky now has enough receivers to run an up tempo spread offense. All of this put Dawson in a position to inherit 1 of the SEC's most improved offenses before he even contributes anything. If Dawson's innovations actually help, UK's offense will be dramatically better. The test of Dawson this year is to take what he has inherited and make it as good as it can be. Two things I am looking for, are a more physical offense, and a more effective vertical passing game.

We did not have a spring game this year, so there has not been a lot of discussion about him.

He'll be fine until the first 3 and out. ;)

Well, so far he hasn't coached in a game and hasn't really recruited significantle, we will have to wait to get a good read on him

I am supporter of his and like what he is bringing to the program. I expect my like will increase once I see his offense in action, game day.

Well, so far he hasn't coached in a game and hasn't really recruited significantle, we will have to wait to get a good read on him

He brought Sihiem King to UK, that's pretty significant, considering he received All-American honors and had some gaudy stats for his senior season. *cough cough* ran for 40 touchdowns *cough cough*

ADVERTISEMENT