ADVERTISEMENT

Coách Cal on Facebook, I have no interest

That was just to settle down all the secretary ladies in the office. Notice how he didn't put anything out on Twitter or KiK.

Last edited:
This thread gets three posts. "Cal Interested In New Orleans Job" gets 300. A commentary on Kentucky fans, and the trolls who hate them.

Or the fact that the thread that got all the posts was up first, and people didn't feel like going back and forth between threads.

thanks cal.

the media are such bastards lol. not going to stop until recruiting season is over. even then it's getting old, and doesn't stop.

That was just to settle down all the secretary ladies in the office. Notice how he didn't put anything out on Twitter or KiK.

Yeah, he definitely didn't put anything on Twitter....oh, wait

@UKCoachCalipari: Even though Anthony and Tyreke are in NOLA, I have no interest in the Pelicans or any other job. I have a great job and I'm happy at UK.

I enjoy the accent over the 'a' in Coach in the title of the thread, this obviously isn't about Coach John Calipari, but a French guy named Coách Cal. I'm sure that guy would enjoy the French Quarter in New Orleans.

That's what I was thinking too!

This was the 3rd or 4th time since the Final Four that he has said that he has the best job at kentucky and he loves coaching here and has no interest in the NBA. He said this in the Press-Conference Hall of Fame and a couple of more times after the Final Four. I am glad he done this again so hopefully we can get Murray and get the 2016 Recruiting Class started!

Some folks in the Kentucky "media" are fanning the flames, despite what was put out.

One outlet stated that the only jobs that Cal would consider were Cleveland and Chicago. Of course, the outlet offered no support for their position, just hollow spouting. That's been the problem all along. All the "Cal to the NBA" apologists over the last few years never add any significant framework for their position.

Everyone does realize that coach Cal along with 100's of other coaches have all said the same thing and then hours, days later, taken another job.
I don't think he's going anywhere because nobody is going to pay him more than $8 million...but anyone who believes that because a coach makes a statement that it means anything...they've got there head deep in the sand.

Reactions: 3rex
Everyone does realize that coach Cal along with 100's of other coaches have all said the same thing and then hours, days later, taken another job.
I don't think he's going anywhere because nobody is going to pay him more than $8 million...but anyone who believes that because a coach makes a statement that it means anything...they've got there head deep in the sand.

Your logic has a reversal, only you ignored it. Just because other coaches, including Cal, have made statements that ultimately were proven untrue does not mean Calipari is presently lying. Perhaps he's actually in love with his current job. I know that might be too much for some of our more cynically-inclined fans to grasp, but it could very well be true in this case.

He's gone on record multiple times in the last year listing his reasons for remaining at Kentucky, and they make sense.

Your logic has a reversal, only you ignored it. Just because other coaches, including Cal, have made statements that ultimately were proven untrue does not mean Calipari is presently lying. Perhaps he's actually in love with his current job. I know that might be too much for some of our more cynically-inclined fans to grasp, but it could very well be true in this case.

He's gone on record multiple times in the last year listing his reasons for remaining at Kentucky, and they make sense.
There is no "reversal" of my "logic". My "logic" never stipulated that Cal was lying...or that any coach was lying at the time they made their statement. All words about staying in a job have expiration dates and that date is when a better deal is offered.
Cal isn't leaving because nobody else is willing to pay him > $8 million... NOLA said they were only willing to pay $5 million. If tomorrow someone says they will pay him $10 million you can best believe that he will listen.

Based on the fact that Cal isn't stupid.

Memphis offered Cal more money than Kentucky to remain their head coach back in 2009, so money isn't everything to Cal. Plus, I'm not sure if 82 games plus playoffs at $10 million/year if is significantly better than 40 games a year at $8 million.

I don't think that most of our fans know that the Average Contract and Salary of the NBA is approx. 4-5 million a year. Most Head Coaches are getting 4 or 5 years for approx. $16-$20 million for the contract. The 2 top NBA Contracts are LA Clippers Head Coach Rivers at $10mil and the top contract is Spurs Coach Popovich at $11million. The next tier of coaches make $4-6 million, and there are some Head Coaches making $2-$4 million a year. Stevens at Boston is at $3.75 million, Spoletra at Miami is at $3mil. Golden State Head Coach Steve Kerr contract was only 5 yrs. $25mil, $5mil a year, and same for NY Knicks Fisher at $5mil a year. So, what Barnhart has done at UK is wonderful that he has almost maxed Coach Cal now being at approx. $8mil annually and now annually receives $1.6 mil Loyalty bonus in July. Every July Kentucky gives Coach Cal his Loyalty Bonus and each year that increases. So, it will be hard for any team to come in and offer what Coach Cal would probably need and want to coach in the NBA that does play over 100games including pre-season,Regular season, and Post-season playoffs. In NCAA Coach Cal coaches approx. 35-40 games a year and at his $8mil is $200,000 per game. In NBA at approx. 100 games at $8mil annually would figure at approx. $80,000 per game. So, Coach Cal makes $200,000 a game at UK and in the NBA would $80,000 per game. That is a big difference even though recruiting can be tiring. The NBA is pretty much yearly, with Pre-season Training Camps starting late June & July and season doesn't end till 1st part of June. Not much time off for NBA as well as NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT