ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Conrad to have surgery

mdlUK.1

All-American
Dec 23, 2002
Per Coach Stoops on KSR this morning, CJ Conrad will have surgery for a sports hernia tomorrow.

Per Coach Stoops on KSR this morning, CJ Conrad will have surgery for a sports hernia tomorrow.

Problem here is that it probably restricts his lifting thereby effects his ability to get stronger. UK has got to figure out a way to keep key people healthy.

I work in post op care for the navy. Hernias aren't to serious. Two weeks with out lifting normally. A month tops

Reactions: Smashcat
Problem here is that it probably restricts his lifting thereby effects his ability to get stronger. UK has got to figure out a way to keep key people healthy.

Kind of hard to prevent things like that, plus you have over a 100 kids out there both scollies and walk-ons, you do have to remember its football. I was shocked that there were no major injuries this spring.

whats the recovery time on that?

I would think they would be pretty careful with him because of the time of year it is. Last think you would want is complications, of course part of that is on Conrad too about how quick a healer he is, probably light running in a couple to three weeks, maybe some light lifting in a month. But he should be able to workout during the summer with qb and wr without any real restrictions. But the big thing is not to rush back to quick, let him heal, without complications he will be 100% by the time fall practice starts and I think that is the number 1 priority.

Kind of hard to prevent things like that, plus you have over a 100 kids out there both scollies and walk-ons, you do have to remember its football. I was shocked that there were no major injuries this spring.

This. I think we were very lucky this spring!

This. I think we were very lucky this spring!
I think sports hernias are quite different than the average milquetoast version. This is why he went to Philly for the operation. I believe Donvan McNabb is the poster child for this surgery... Kinda like Tommy John of the balls.

Get well soon big guy. We need you on the field making big plays and taking us to a great bowl game. 8 Wins is expected!!!!!

As good as he is it's important that he be ready in August. By early July he'll likely be able to return to strength program along with some running and catching---maybe earlier. Adequate time for healing and getting "rebuilt".

This isn't a big deal. Plus they are taking him to a national expert out of state to have it done. He'll be good to go this summer.

Wildcard did you post the website on that article? Thanks
Yes I did. But perhaps we have found a "bug" in the new format. In my post the word "this" is hyperlinked but as you read the text of the post there is only a very slight color difference to indicate it is a hot ink. As you know, links usually pop out in a different color.

Peace

Injuries are part of football. Nobody has figured out a way to change that. If you have any ideas, let us know.

This isn't a big deal. Plus they are taking him to a national expert out of state to have it done. He'll be good to go this summer.
He will be recovered from the surgery well before August. That isn't a problem. Just hope this does not interfere too much with his summer conditioning. It might.

ADVERTISEMENT