ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Conrad hired as TE coach at EKU

I don't know how but I missed this news. I'm not on social media a lot anymore so that'll probably explain it.

Sucks to lose him, but its always great to see one of our former players get coaching spots. And maybe he'll find his way back home one day.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
As others have said, a young assistant building a resume. Tough on a young guy with a family, no idea if this young man has one, but it's part of the deal. But every coach in the game started out doing the same and gradually worked their way up or found a new profession.
UK and EKU are 30 min apart so no big move that way. Coming from someone insise the program, CJ basically ran the TE room at UK on a daily basis while Marrow recruited. Not that Marrow didn't work with them or wasn't ultimately over it, just that CJ was there with them everyday. Kind of like Drake does with the IOL. They will miss him

UK and EKU are 30 min apart so no big move that way. Coming from someone insise the program, CJ basically ran the TE room at UK on a daily basis while Marrow recruited. Not that Marrow didn't work with them or wasn't ultimately over it, just that CJ was there with them everyday. Kind of like Drake does with the IOL. They will miss him
Good opportunity for Conrad. EKU moved up from OVC to ASUN, HC Wells is a bright young coach who has done a good job. I suspect eventually Conrad makes a full circle back to UK. Drake Jackson will get a shot too somewhere. Both will be fun to follow. Really like these young coaches with UK ties moving up the food chain.

Got his grad degree so time to move on unless UK was going to replace an assistant with him which wouldn't happen at most P5 schools but especially a SEC one. This will be Drake Jackson's last season too and then he'll have to go hunt for a job. These young men are just starting their careers.

Got his grad degree so time to move on unless UK was going to replace an assistant with him which wouldn't happen at most P5 schools but especially a SEC one. This will be Drake Jackson's last season too and then he'll have to go hunt for a job. These young men are just starting their careers.

I don't think he'll have to hunt as much as he'll be hunted

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT