ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

I don't know what was going on in that match. Fun finish though, seemed like something you'd see at a house show as my friend pointed out.

So what is going on here? Is kevin Owens about to be a face and go after sheamus?

I don't know what was going on in that match. Fun finish though, seemed like something you'd see at a house show as my friend pointed out.

House shows are the best. You see better wrestling, weapons, and just tons of comedy. They straight up don't care because it doesn't get aired. I went to a house show in L.A. last December and Wade Barrett was trolling the fans with stuff like "does anyone even speak English in here?" [laughing]

Are they seriously going to have Cena/Rollins at Summerslam?

When I was a kid, a buddy and I had this angle we always thought would have been awesome for a heel. It requires the main champ (WWE champ) to win the IC/US title. Then grant some underdog a title shot , which everyone assumes was for the WWE title based on the storyline only to have them win it for the heel the next night to come out and point some stupid thing in the contract that says it never said WWE title. It would get a ton of heat, I believe but might also burry the B level title.

Would be a decent one for The Authority/Rollins to run with someone (not Cena).

And I was fine with Cena in the mid-card but do not want this guy anywhere near the WWE title/man event scene again. We've all had enough of that to last a lifetime.

Reactions: Kentucky Bandit
So apparently, Sting is rumored to join Reigns and Ambrose in a 6-man tag at SummerSlam but since Rowan is out, they're trying to figure out who to put with the Wyatt family. I'd say it should be Bo Dallas.

SummerSlam looks to be a train wreck, judging a Cena/Rollins, Taker/Brock, Ziggler/Lana vs. Rusev/Summer, divas match, Reigns/Ambrose v. Wyatt tag match.

Not to mention Taker being a bitter asshole about getting his ass kicked fair and square is hilarious to me.

I don't watch much anymore, but I flipped it over at 9 (central time) last night. Did I see Cena bury the WWE Championship?

Cena only cares about Cena - Ever since that podcast with Jericho and Edge (I believe) where they talked about how Cena changed the finish of the Nexus match at SummerSlam in 2010 confirmed that.

Yes he works every date. Yes he is great with kids and Make a Wish stuff. But when it comes to WWE, he only cares about himself. When he sees someone else starting to get over he hitches himself to them and rides it out until it's over or he buries them.

Nobody - except Punk or Bryan - has come out of a Cena feud better.

Good for him though, he has had a hell of a run. *end rant*

just waiting for the day that Cena turns heel. It'll happens sometime or another. Has to. No one stays a face their entire career.

I've given up hope of this ever happening unless WWE gets on board with a new main face.

and I was just now thinking after Bandit's post that Cena does attach himself to anyone who is getting hot. It's crazy. Punk, Bryan, Owens, Rusev (idk..maybe doesn't belong here), etc.

I know he can put on good matches but people are burn out on this guy and he never seems to take off that long at all. Always works.

Also if WWE was going to have Cena go over then make Owens simply pass out. Don't have him submit. Everyone wins that way and you don't bury your new badass character.

and I was just now thinking after Bandit's post that Cena does attach himself to anyone who is getting hot. It's crazy. Punk, Bryan, Owens, Rusev (idk..maybe doesn't belong here), etc.

Wyatt, Ryder, Wade Barrett (Nexus), R-Truth. Anybody who starts to get some momentum he gets involved with them.

If I was Cesaro, I'd watch my back.

Wyatt, Ryder, Wade Barrett (Nexus), R-Truth. Anybody who starts to get some momentum he gets involved with them.

If I was Cesaro, I'd watch my back.

I have no idea what WWE sees in his character to make him the Hulk Hogan of the 80s (well mostly).

You would think they could make other stars if they treated them exactly like they have Cena. Their go-to is always "well, look how much he sells." Yeah, because that's the majority of what you make and sell in regards to merchandise. "He has tons of fans kids/families." Yes. Because you book him like Supernan. Do that for someone else and see how things change.

Morning back from vacation and playing catch up.
So Raw only gained 200,000 viewers from last Monday. WWE was hoping for much much more.

There is a story going around that Vince is panicking again over the ratings and asked HBK to come out of retirement for one more run.

Gee I don't know maybe if you pushed the new guys a little more. And think about this your main event for Summerslam 2015 was headlining shows in 2002. The first time Taker and Lesnar feuded.

I guess that's why Cena/Owens got dropped for Cena to feud for the WWE Title again.

I guess that's why Cena/Owens got dropped for Cena to feud for the WWE Title again.

That's basically been their default for a decade. Low buyrate, low Raw ratings - hotshot the title to Cena.

They're gonna screw around and kill Lesnar, their best attraction, at SummerSlam. A 50 year old semi-retired wrestler is going to beat him at least semi-clean and John Cena is going to do what Brock was unable to do and beat Seth Rollins for the championship. All the work building The Beast will have been mostly undone. Then when people aren't responding to Lesnar like they were, Cena will go over him at WrestleMania 32 to retain the championship.

Then do your part and quit watching now. Without DVR I've seen 15 minutes of WWE in 5 weeks.

Don't really feel like I've missed a damn thing.

The next time I see the word Cena it needs have "heel" tied to it to be of any interest.

Crushing Lesnar? Well it does build up UT for Sting at WM so color me impressed!!

I don't know if Brock loses or Cena wins the title.

Brock vs. Rollins in a cell at Hell in a Cell just makes too much sense.

Which means it won't happen.

There is a story going around that Vince is panicking again over the ratings and asked HBK to come out of retirement for one more run.

I would be so conflicted on this. I am a huge HBK mark and would love to see him have one more run.

At the same time I am glad that he has not had another match since WM 26. While it was not as good as their match at WM 25, it was still a great match.

It also gave us, IMO, the greatest WWE video package of all time.

In the end I hope HBK stays away from competing. His career is complete as one of the best of all time.

No way should you be bringing back HBK. Here's a thought, Vince. Create new stars. Stay the course. Don't panic every single time and resort back to Cena and old timers.

It may have helped if you didn't book Rollins as a weak champ or actually gave Ambrose a legit title run or Reigns or make your NXT guys into stars.

It's so frustrating because the actual talent on this roster is huge. It's the best it's been in a decade but it's not treated that way.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
I am ready for an Orton-Cesaro tag team. The flip into RKO sold me on it. Give them a huge run, then split/feud getting Cesaro over.

Let Owens feud with everyone - face and heel. Put him in a tag with no friends, only to be saved by... El Generico.

Put Rollins over Cena via cheating. Biggest disappointment of his reign is that they haven't let him have great matches.

Reactions: Cats and Canes
Was going to post the thing about Dunn. Even if there is just a slight bit of truth to that it would explain a lot.

So I listened to the Cheap Heat podcast on the way home from work and they had Daniel Bryan on to talk about his book.

They really didn't talk much about the book itself, just some quick hitters.

The interesting thing was they asked how he was doing and how his recovery was going. He says he feels great and wants to get back in the ring.

He said he has been cleared by a doctor in Phoenix - no name given or I missed it - but has yet to be cleared by WWE doctors. I'm sure WWE is being very cautious with him right now.

I hope we get to see Bryan in the ring again, but hopefully he wises up and tones his style down.

His doctor probably got his degree from a bear in the woods who suggested he rub leaves and acorn butter all over his body to cure himself.

BTW, heard his book has some great inside stuff. So far I've heard two stories. I'll definitey be picking it up.

So something big happened with Hogan and WWE.

He's disappeared from everywhere on wwe.com

Edit: Looks like a yet to be released racial tirade on tape from HH.

Last edited:
Old white guy from the south casually drops n****r in conversations. What's next? Water is wet?

Hogan is done, but he probably doesn't have the good sense to just quietly ride off into the sunset and enjoy his millions. He doesn't know how to *not* be a carny. This will get much worse as soon as Hogan starts trying to spin it.

Ok so this is coming from an interview Hogan did 3 years ago? I guess this is to be expected, but you would think someone in the front office may have heard about it a few years ago before they dusted him off and brought him back to WWE.

The PC stuff is crazy. He's definitely in the wrong but destroying someone for their personal feelings is ridiculois. I wouldn't give two shits if a minority didn't like me or white people nor would I want them to lose their job over it.

Just read what he said in its entirety from the sex tape/pillow talk. Brutal but who gives a shit? He doesn't want his daughter to date a black guy. Cry me a river.

Is Hogan a terrible person? Probably. Never been a fan ever. But it would be nice to see racism treated the same across the board. People like Spike Lee and every other person who uses the N word or white racial term should face the same consequences but never do.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
now if he murdered someone or committed some unforgivable crime and WWE wanted to erase him... eh ok I kinda get it. But for THIS?

How long before they add all his stuff back once this whole thing blows over? 2 months? Fans are gonna be screaming to add his content back in no time.

It's absurd but as PC as we are now, he's not coming back from this, I'm afraid. A black female celebrity can denounce black men who date white men and no one gives two shits. The N word is said as casually as "hello" by many and no one gets outraged. Let a 60+ white guy say it and get the pitchforks ready.

WWE has been filled with spouse abusers, drug abusers, alcoholics, and have had some of the most stereotypical and racist gimmicks but now want to distance themselves from Hogan? Classic

ADVERTISEMENT