ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

^ Agree on the old stars, and especially Undertaker/Wyatt. At some point, Wyatt needs some substance to back up his talk. He cuts good enough promos, but no forward momentum in matches sort of kills that.

I'm interested to see how they handle the feud with Reigns.

Both of those guys need to win (personally I can't stand Wyatt and find him boring as hell).

I'm also very tired of Undertaker. He has ran his course.

The interview with the champ is up. With the time I was allowed and trying to appease WWE and my editor, this is what we got.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lexie's Dad
I feel the same about the geazers, I do, but Sting is different and you can fault me for that, whatever!

He is 0-1 in WWE history so I'm sure he will do what's best for business regardless if others do or not. Which is part of what I love about the character in the show.

Do you watch Botchamania? If you don't what's wrong with you? The endings are the best. Next is "Cena talks too much"

I'll be guest tweeting for WrestleZone tomorrow during Battleground if you all are on twitter.

I've been trying to plug that Rollins interview like crazy. Sharing it is more exhausting than the research, the interview, and writing it. It's so wild that despite being the champ, I got way more hits and reactions for interviews w/ Bryan and Reigns.

Anyways, one of the main guys at WZ is convinced that Rollins loses tomorrow but I don't think so.

Both of those guys need to win (personally I can't stand Wyatt and find him boring as hell).

I'm also very tired of Undertaker. He has ran his course.

Agree on Undertaker, and to an extent on Wyatt. I love Taker, but I cringe watching him wrestle. I'm afraid they're gonna kill him in the ring.

I like the Wyatt character, but it hasn't evolved and he's become the world's scariest jobber, so his words ring hollow.

However, I find Reigns to be more boring than Wyatt, but they've already established Roman's 5 moves of doom, so he's got that going for him.

Agree on Undertaker, and to an extent on Wyatt. I love Taker, but I cringe watching him wrestle. I'm afraid they're gonna kill him in the ring.

I like the Wyatt character, but it hasn't evolved and he's become the world's scariest jobber, so his words ring hollow.

However, I find Reigns to be more boring than Wyatt, but they've already established Roman's 5 moves of doom, so he's got that going for him.

I'm a Reigns fan and feel he's shown that he can put on some very good matches. He's pretty athletic for a big guy. You don't see too many big dudes jumping over the top rope.

Anyways, Wyatt stopped being interesting long ago because nothing ever came of it. He just rambled the same nonsense every promo, sucking the momentum out of a show, and then ultimately losing. They have tried multiple times to revamp him (HIAC 2014, MITB 2015) and I don't think anyone cares anymore. Bad booking is probably at fault.

As for Undertaker, I think he should have been finished after he lost to Lesnar.

When I was 30, I was too "sophisticated" for stuff like WWE. Now that I'm 56, I have to be careful not to watch too often because I find it addictive. Don't care that it's fake, those guys are talented athletes. I especially like the midget bull. Still pulling for Golddust to make it big. Still miss Paul Bearer. If Raw ever comes to Lex, count me in.

I'll be guest tweeting for WrestleZone tomorrow during Battleground if you all are on twitter.

I've been trying to plug that Rollins interview like crazy. Sharing it is more exhausting than the research, the interview, and writing it. It's so wild that despite being the champ, I got way more hits and reactions for interviews w/ Bryan and Reigns.

Anyways, one of the main guys at WZ is convinced that Rollins loses tomorrow but I don't think so.

I read your interview with Rollins and really enjoyed it. Nice job. Liked his wording about the Wrestlemania cash in: "I was told by the people that I needed to be told by halfway through the show that it was going to be an option and to be ready and to be prepared so I was."

Ha.

Went and saw "Trainwreck" tonight. Saw quite a bit more of John Cena than I was prepared for, but he was funny in it. Good movie, too.

I read your interview with Rollins and really enjoyed it. Nice job. Liked his wording about the Wrestlemania cash in: "I was told by the people that I needed to be told by halfway through the show that it was going to be an option and to be ready and to be prepared so I was."

Ha.

Went and saw "Trainwreck" tonight. Saw quite a bit more of John Cena than I was prepared for, but he was funny in it. Good movie, too.

Yeah, he played that one close to the chest. Other guys have been loose with saying whatever. Reigns, Bryan, Jericho, Paige have all told stuff that the PTB probably would have preferred them not to say in our interview.

I liked some of it especially toward the end. I would have liked to have done a 20-30 minute interview but only got about 12 minutes and I understand that because he's the most in-demand guy on the roster outside of Cena.

My wife wants to see Trainwreck so I'm sure I'll see it at some point. I hope his acting was better in this than his performances in WWE films.

Morning been a while, I have been trying to retweet your interview as much as possible.
Not really sure what happens tonight which is a good thing.
Hearing a couple of different ideas being thrown around.
One Taker appears and takes out both Rollins and Lesnar.

Another maybe a couple of people from NXT come in to help Rollins.

Just speculation as long as Owens wins.

And as a Twitter friend said, "went to see Trainwreck, Cena can no longer say 'we can't see him' already saw way too much."

Reactions: KingOfBBN
I'll take Eva Marie over Dana Brooke. I hate Dana Brooke more than Sheamus, her gimmick is that she does bodybuilding poses.

Battleground Predictions time:

Rollins over Lesnar

Owens over Cena

New Day over Prime Time Players

Roman Reigns over Bray Wyatt

Sheamus over Orton

Kickoff Show: Barrett over R-Truth

I don't give two ishes about Total Divas, but....

Exactly why is it bad that the redhead chick trains with Brian Kendrick? And - aren't he and Daniel Bryan friends - and as a result shouldn't Brie be cool with Kendrick? I mean, I get that they're probably jealous, but c'mon - she's working one on one with a great worker to get better. She's probably also getting some good weed. Give her a break.

1348213385421180968.gif

Terrible main event - both guys got squashed.

Taker doesn't make sense to me - he's either getting revenge on lesnar for ending the streak or Rollins for hurting Kane - unless he destroys both of them eventually.

I don't agree that Cena is burying Owens. Owens beat him in his first match in WWE. Cena is helping him build a character. They have had 3 great matches. A lot of that has to do with Cena. Owens just got called up to the main roster. Owens is a great talent but he doesn't deserve to carry a title yet even a secondary one.

I didn't like the ending of BG but that was really the only way to have Rollins leave with the championship. It was a decent PPV. Not great but I have certainly seen worse.

Taker makes no sense because nothing happens at this years wrestlemania. It just seems lazy to randomly throw him in a month before Summerslam especially when Brock is the biggest face in the company.

I had fun tweeting the whole night with WrestleZone. I felt I got some zingers that may have got a few likes on the paddock. They got 200 new followers during my tweet session so they're talking about putting me on staff. Pretty cool stuff.

Anyways, when Cena made Owens tap you could just feel the collective "WTF?" groan from around the world.

I am becoming a huge Lesnar mark but I hate the way the PPV ended. Undertaker is old as shit and would get demolished by Lesnar. Stay away Taker. Sick of it.

I now think Rollins is holding the title til Mania if he doesn't drop it to HHH or some crazy stuff.

Based on the discussion I'm glad I didn't watch BG live last night. Nice thunder (& lightning) storm this morning canceled my run so I'm watching this morning (started with the tag title match). Right now the world's most over jobber to the stars is entering the ring. I'll give WWE credit - they tried to put the Diva's match over. But, personally, even though I like the NXT women, I'd equally love the return of Kharma where she came in and wiped out EVERYONE.

This is what you get with a panicked Vince in 2015.

More Cena, or pushing out a man who could literally crumble into a pile of dust at any moment.

Either Brock beats Taker, again, which does nothing for anyone, or Taker gets his win back for absolutely no reason because he will disappear until WM.

If Owens was going to lose, at least have him pass out instead of tap. Now, Cena/Owens is basically every other Cena feud, i.e. Rusev, Wyatt, etc. etc. of the last few years. Give the opponent one win, but Cena overcomes the odds..again.

At least my Sasha is finally bossing up the women's division.

ybZ1FoP.gif

This pretty much sums the wrestling worlds reaction to the Owens/Cena finish.

So funny. The two fan bases couldn't be more night and day.

As for last night, the U.S. title and the divas triple threat match were the only ones I enjoyed.

You guys?

I thought overall it was a decent show. Just too many crap endings. The end of the WHC match especially. I was watching it on my iPad and kept waiting for Rollins to come in and pin Lesnar. Then nothing.

I understanding wanting the show to end with UT's music and stuff, but it made the end odd.

I actually freakin' love the US Open Challenge segments every Raw. It's often been the best segment AND match every Monday. So I was perfectly okay with Cena going over. I just don't think creative had one damn plan for Owens had he won the belt OR (more importantly to Creative) what to do with Cena if he lost. I originally picked Owens to go over as an icer for Rollins going over in the main. I'm actually glad Cena went over just to keep that segment/feud moving.

Guys that have IT will get/stay over...no matter what creative puts in front of them. Owens has IT.

As someone posted above - is Taker playing the heel in this one?

If Taker beats Lesnar at SS then he squashed all the momentum that Lesnar built up after ending the streak...then what does Lesnar do after that feud? Round 3 at WM?

Ok. That was a pretty good segment between Lesnar and UT.

And Heyman is one of the best promo guys in the business still.

Rack Corey!

Are we getting a Wyatt/Shield feud that never fully played out before?

Bray could be a credible guy win or lose as the get in your head until you overcome and catapult to world title status. But the problem really starts when he has put all those guys over and they need him to once again feud with someone as champ. Then the failure to never have him win will be glaring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT