ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

That's pretty maj right there Heisman. I'm sure that you will kill it as always.

I'm not sure if he has talked about it before, but would love know when he found out he was cashing in and what he was like before running out at WM.

How does he feel about the "Justin Bieber" chants?

As for tonight? Can WWE actually deliver a solid RAW before a PPV?

Got rid of DVR and haven't watched a show in weeks. Probably haven't missed a thing yet either.

Actually have almost cut TV out of my life period. Odd and something I never thought would happen.

That's pretty maj right there Heisman. I'm sure that you will kill it as always.

I'm not sure if he has talked about it before, but would love know when he found out he was cashing in and what he was like before running out at WM.

How does he feel about the "Justin Bieber" chants?

As for tonight? Can WWE actually deliver a solid RAW before a PPV?

I definitely want to ask about WrestleMania but I have to figure out how I'm going to word it. I want to know that more than anything.

Definitely ask about Brock. Gotta do a lot of research. Suggestions are appreciated.

Can you ask him why Vince keeps booking him as a p***y??

Seriously I would ask him about Dusty and William Regal and their influence on his career.

Will think of more.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
They gave you the champ. Big news, man. Congrats.

Definitely have to ask about Mania.

Also have to ask about the Shield, maybe how it feels being the one getting that WM moment instead of Reigns? May want a more tactful way to put that lol.

I never know how true to kayfabe these are supposed to be. Could ask him about working as a heel, how he feels not being allowed to stand on his own without an entourage, even as the champ, things like that, but those are the kinds of questions he probably isn't allowed to touch.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Show him how to put a password on his phone so a woman can't pick it up and post his cheating pics on the Intrawebs, then look at him and say, "You're welcome".

Ask him how it feels not to be Roman Reigns. :grimace:

Seriously - ask about ROH. Punk, DB, him, and now Owens. It's now a trend. Ask him if he thinks it helps now to have that "pedigree" entering developmental.

Three of the Four Horsewomen debuted last night and that was the highlight of the show for me.
They need to decide if Owens is a chickenshit heel or a bully and stick with it. I feel like he's lost momentum but hopefully they prove me wrong and let CM Chunk beat Cena at Battleground.
Also, more Cesaro please.

Three of the Four Horsewomen debuted last night and that was the highlight of the show for me.
They need to decide if Owens is a chickenshit heel or a bully and stick with it. I feel like he's lost momentum but hopefully they prove me wrong and let CM Chunk beat Cena at Battleground.
Also, more Cesaro please.

I think with Tyson Kidd out forever, Cesaro is going to get a push in the near future. I think he's WWE Champion worthy myself. I think he could do some great stuff with Rollins and be a good candidate to take the belt off of him.

If I were in charge and I knew Reigns was the guy they wanted for the belt at Mania, I would book it like this (don't shoot me, just spitballing here), have Rollins hold the title maybe Survivor Series. Let Cesaro win a few PPVs in a row and take the belt off of Rollins at SS.

Let him and Cena feud for the title where Cena gets it and then have Reigns beat Cena in a face vs face match at Mania. You have your top guy putting over one of your new top guys.

Or

Let Lesnar win the title and headline Mania again where he has to lose.

Watched 10 minutes last night and Heyman has sparked a reunion for the Shield. It will happen!

That's said who knows where WWE is going but if Cena says the future one more time I hope the future gives him a vacation!

Cesaro was built up before and they let the air out quickly.

Man, Charlotte could whip a lot of people's asses.

They should give her the title and let her take it off Nikki after she breaks AJ's record just to spite AJ and Punk.

Feel like they're trying to build Cesaro without actually committing to it. Match of the week on back to back Raw episodes but in a loss.

I love his in ring ability. He's probably the best combination of strength, size, agility, high-flying, and technical skills of anyone in the WWE, but it just feels like we need more of a character there or like he needs an identity.

He's like a create-a-wrestler on a video game with all the stats maxed, but there's no real "it" there. He puts on a hell of a match, but he's a little bit away from being a main event title guy.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
So this was talked about on the Tweeter earlier, here is my two cents. While the IWC and even WWE think this Diva thing was the greatest thing since Hulk Hogan, I didn't.

You have Stephanie McMahon, who is Heel 1A in WWE come out and basically do a baby face promo. So next week is she going back to being the heel. Made no sense.

I would have had Paige bring them out or have them save her from a beatdown, it did nothing for Paige and I still have no confidence that Vince will use them like they do in NXT.

One more thing supposedly Vince won't push Cesaro because "he's Swiss and he talks funny." OK

I did enjoy a lot of Raw last night, I also watched the Japan Special, that was a pretty awesome show

I think the NXT Divas would have had more impact saving Paige on their own or if Paige would have introduced them as her partners. Don't give Hootie the glory. And don't randomly associate Sasha with Tamina and whats her name for no reason.

I COMPLETELY understand Stephanie McMahon giving NXT diva's 'the rub' from WWE's perspective.

She was personally called out months ago by AJ (the most over diva at that point) for essentially not giving a flying frisbee about the women's division. Stephanie came off like a bigot in all of that.

What ended up happening...the NXT diva's gave Stephanie the rub. I'd like to believe I'm looking more into this than I am, but that was Paige's (and the NXT diva's) shining moment sucked up by Stephanie (who has had NO place in this storyline, thus far). It was obnoxious up until the brawl.

Meh... I could care less about the Diva's/Women's division.

Sounds like that because that Japan show was such a success that WWE may look into doing more events like that on the Network. Once a month have a stacked card for a house show and broadcast it.

I haven't read back deep in this thread, but does anyone read /r/squaredcircle on reddit? I do pretty often and just got a spoiler for Battleground. There's a user on there that posts occasionally and leaks information which seems to be pretty credible.

I'm pumped for the PPV, but I just can't help myself with looking up spoilers, speculation, etc.

I haven't read back deep in this thread, but does anyone read /r/squaredcircle on reddit? I do pretty often and just got a spoiler for Battleground. There's a user on there that posts occasionally and leaks information which seems to be pretty credible.

I'm pumped for the PPV, but I just can't help myself with looking up spoilers, speculation, etc.

If it's MetsFan , tell him to eff himself. Dude posts so much trash and it gets eaten up by other sites and he's wrong very often.

It's not MetsFan. I'm pretty sure this guy is still employed by WWE. So far he correctly predicted:

Elimination Chamber
Samoa Joe
Kevin Owens Raw debut
Mark Henry entering the Elimination Chamber
Wyatt attacking Reigns at MITB
NXT women call up (although he was a week off)
Brock smashing up the car

And as far as anyone can tell no incorrect predictions.

Just read it and saw his spoiler. Would be pretty cool.

Yeah, whenever you see MetsFan post just know that he's full of crap.

And to be fair, I predicted Elimination Chamber (BKH and the guys on Twitter can vouch for that lol) but this sounds like it may be legit.

What did he say? I would love to know but I am not a reddit afficianado.

Well that would be interesting I supposed. I don't see Lesnar beating Rollins so I still don't know how they let him win, since Brock has taken all his help out

They gave you the champ. Big news, man. Congrats.

Definitely have to ask about Mania.

Also have to ask about the Shield, maybe how it feels being the one getting that WM moment instead of Reigns? May want a more tactful way to put that lol.

I never know how true to kayfabe these are supposed to be. Could ask him about working as a heel, how he feels not being allowed to stand on his own without an entourage, even as the champ, things like that, but those are the kinds of questions he probably isn't allowed to touch.

Just re-reading over these while doing some research before the interview at 1 p.m. today and thanks.

As for the kayfabe thing. I hate it and I've only had it happen with Stardust and then my first interview with Roman Reigns, he answered one question in kayfabe. It's always this weird balance with these guys but I think they should always be themselves and be like actors talking about their TV characters. For instance, if I was interviewing Bryan Cranston about Breaking Bad. I wouldn't want him talking to me as if he was Heisenberg the whole time…well, maybe I would but you get the point.

These interviews are always a lot of work because you're trying to appease so many people. 1) Get some stuff that is actually interesting and not the same stuff as everyone else he's interviewing with that day 2) Get some stuff that your editor wants 3) Not piss off WWE or the talent or post/ask anything that they might not like (they have only ask me to omit something twice).

I know my time is limited but I would love to ask him about jumping off that fat guy's stomach in ROH. [laughing]

Two HUGE reports this morning pertaining what has already been touched upon, as well as another huge name, Im giddy. Sonofabitch it looks like its gonna be a fun summer.

Yes it does, so one idea being thrown out there is HE comes back to face Rollins at Summerslam. I would be allright with that.

By the way if you haven't yet, I encourage you to check out my Throw Back Thursday picture I posted today on my Twitter page.

Will do Kmac. Finished my interview with Rollins about an hour ago. I went in and expected him to be a dick but he was alright. He's like a more nicer toned down version of Punk.

Anyways he answered all of my questions but didn't give me a ton of in-depth info on the exact convo at Mania or who told him but he did confirm that it was at the show and discussed some of it.

I asked him about the fat guy he did a moonsault off of a decade ago in one of those independent shows.

Meltzer reporting that Undertaker is confirmed for Raw this Monday to back up claim that he will be at battleground.

Sting confirmed for Summerslam and likely on WWE before as the appearance is planned as a surprise.

That's the two reports.

Nonsense, Sting in a wheel chair puts Cesaro to shame!

In my free time I had at one point conjured up a way that had they roles with it Sting losing to HHH would have actually been perfect, and it was pretty obvious!

After the show where Flair questioned HHH about facing Sting and if he was really prepared and HHH took it as an insult they should have booked Sting to once again fall for Flairs friendship and of course turn on him to help HHH win.

^Much better than the course they took.

Sting!!!!

LOL at krazy.

Nostalgia is great. I love Flair, he's one of the all time greats. But I'd rather see the young guys go than see Flair go today. I have zero interest in seeing the guys who are past their prime on my TV at the expense of the guys who should be there. If I want to watch has-beens, I have TNA.

The problem is the WWE presents guys like Undertaker and Sting as being more important than and bigger stars than the current roster, sans Cena. It would be nice for Taker to put someone over at SummerSlam not named Sting, Lesnar or Cena. Bray Wyatt should get his win back.

^ Agree on the old stars, and especially Undertaker/Wyatt. At some point, Wyatt needs some substance to back up his talk. He cuts good enough promos, but no forward momentum in matches sort of kills that.

I'm interested to see how they handle the feud with Reigns.

ADVERTISEMENT