ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

Watching the last match now. Really fun show. Neville-Jericho was great. Brock was fun. Owens-Balor was AWESOME.

I think we'll see one of the Bellas wrestle without a shirt before we see Owens wrestle without a shirt. Of course Owens has bigger boobs....

I thought Ambrose was moving away from the Lunatic character and more toward the common man hard times every day man character after the MiTB promo, but no such luck. Ambrose Asylum lives. Why not build on the current popularity though and channel this momentum?

They missed their chance to give him a legitimate miniature title run. He could have had a brief Mick Foley type tenure before dropping it right back to Rollins but they messed it up.

Evening...so the July 4th show looked pretty awesome, will have to check it out in the next day or two.

No Raw Preview for tonight other than Lesnar and Heyman will be there, and the show is in Chicago.

Jericho worked a great show at Tokyo. That match was nearly as good as Owens-Balor. Does WWE look into bringing Y2J back part time?

Jericho has said he only wants to work house shows right now and not do TV. Did you all see The Rock appeared at a house show in Boston last week.

The Pwinsider guys are reporting a fan got hit by part of the car Brock destroyed tonight.

Look forward to the Dusty special after Raw tonight. Any time Arn Anderson is on my TV is a good night

Brock doesn't even have to wrestle to make the show electric. He's the only wrestler on earth that still brings back that feeling wrestling gave you as a kid. It isn't about mic skills. There's just a magnetic charisma, and that's the one factor you can't develop or manufacture.

This mid-card Cena stuff has been a brilliant move. Owens and now Cesaro are legitimately elite guys because of it. That match was excellent tonight.

I don't think the problem is Rollins, I think the problem is he's surrounded by boring ass characters. J and J? Kane? No thanks. He's a star. Let him shine. Stop flanking him with gimmicks like he's Rusev or something.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
hope this actually leads to something for Cesaro. unfortunately it reminds me of Shelton Benjamin having back to back 5* matches against HHH & HBK on Raws, everyone pumped he was gonna blow up....then nothing.

This seems like the best reaction if Brock was coming at you...
GlassVigorousCrane.gif

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Not for certain, but it sure looked like the bounce back from the axe damn near hit Brock in the face when he busted out the rear side glass. He also stopped and looked at his hand as if he got glass in it. They suck, but props to the one J&J guy for taking the bump of the Brock finisher thru the windshield. He hurts people in the ring with it, no damn way it was clean doing it on a car.

^^^Agree with you totally, I was thinking "maybe there is a chance" but nope.

Still don't understand why they don't push Cesaro more, but I am guessing it falls on Vince like most things.

Brock and Heyman on my TV- always good.

Did anyone watch the Dusty special last night. I watched 30 minutes of it before I went to bed. Really entertaining show.

I am digging the Cena/KO feud but they are making KO look too powerful IMO. Last night he got hit with the AA and bounced back up to run out of the ring. They could have had him roll out. Lesnar doesn't even jump back up after being hit with one. That is really my only gripe with what they are doing with KO.

You mean to tell me not one of y'all noticed Lana's panty shot last night? Being the perv I am...here 'tis:

The fun begins at 3:46. You're welcome.

Okay so I admit that I watch Total Divas (yeah, I said it. You wanna fight?) with my wife and I'm thankful because it got her to become a fan after mocking me for being a wrestling fan. I know it's shameful. Anyways, I had to share with you guys some of the most absurd stuff from tonight's episode.

So Mark Carrano actually comes out and says Eva Marie is being trained to be the top diva because she has a great look and has been highly sought after from other outlets so she gets a personal trainer as opposed to having to go NXT. He says this to Natalya and although I'm sure it's heavily scripted, this set off a ton of jealousy amongst the other women, which I believe to be very real.

But the hilarious part is Brie Bella freaking out and saying the following…

"She better be glad she has a pretty face because that's all she has going for her."
"WWE is not a stepping stone to Hollywood. This is the main event."
"You can't wrestle."

This had me cracking up. This is coming from a woman who was a model and the only reason WWE showed interest was because she was a twin. The Bellas themselves just tried to step away from WWE a few years ago to become 'stars' and fell flat on their stupid faces before they came crawling back and Brie couldn't wrestle then and can't wrestle now. Just funny stuff.

Please, forgive me for writing all of this. Bandit, not a word, dude. Not a word.

Reactions: Kentucky Bandit
- So how is the Rollins/Lesnar match going to end? We know Lesnar isn't losing via pinball.

- Would love to see Cesaro get a top of the card push. He should be given the spot that Sheamus has and would be a great heel champion, I believe. He could work some great matches with Rollins, Reigns, and Ambrose over the next year.

-

Heisman my wife watches Total Divas too. She has never been a big fan, but she has been to some live events with me before. She digs that show though. I laugh and tell her Diva's is more scripted than RAW or Smackdown.

So somebody on Reddit got ahold of a syllabus for WWE announcers. Pretty interesting

Reactions: KingOfBBN
I would love an explanation on why those words should not be used. They're absolutely ridiculous. Shows how pitiful out country is with political correctness and showing how overboard one needs to go to not create a controversy. Why is belt offensive?

Anyways caught a little bit of Tough Enough highlights online and Paige is a total bitch. I think she believes she is crazy talented when I completey disagree.

The wife met Eva Marie and got some pics with her and our 2 year old son (he was smitten) so that's her "fav" on the show. The editing on the show is hilarious though because they take bits over three months and edit it into one show and as if they all occurred recently together.

[roll]
Ironic that a Bella thinks she's her husband on the mat...

Why can't her career be over and Danielson come back?

All of them ganged up on Eva Marie out of pure jealousy and it was comical because although Natty can wrestle, she is only there because of her family. Alicia Fox had no wrestling background and was discovered on a swimsuit calendar, the Bellas were models, and Paige is like the independent record store clerk who thinks she is a lot better than she really is (screaming "This is my house" doesn't make you amazing in the ring).

Those skanks would give anything for that opportunity and would gladly accept a personal coach and a chance to be in other entertainment options. It reminds me of people bashing The Rock. If any of those guys could get to his level, they'd do it in a heartbeat but many have tried. Cena pandering to fans in 2011 bashing Rock for being an actor was pretty funny considering no one seeks Cena out for those opportunities so it's easy to say you don't want it.

Yeah who wouldn't want to make way more money, travel less, and not have to endure the bumps the schedule requires?

If you haven't listened to Y2J's podcast with the Big Show, you really should. Good stuff.

With the show in Japan I had a thought. I've always been a Great Muta mark and wanted some opinions.
1. Is he the best wrestler of the last 25 years to never have a run in WWE?
2. Would he have been used the right way in WWE?

Exactly! Sting is #1, and no Muta would not have been used right. Actually if you look at how foreign or non white wrestlers were handled back then.......well you could make claim to VKM being a racist.

I mean how do you think that dude felt? Seriously!!!!

Then you have Nikola Volkoff and Iron Shiek, tatanka, and Virgil

Man I am gone for a day and everybody posts. HA. don't watch Total Divas, although I did watch the after show just because of Renee Young and Summer Rae, but they aren't doing that this year.

I saw that announcer list and it really explains a lot with WWE I believe.

Keep hearing they are finally going to bring up some of the NXT Women after Summerslam, I still cringe at how Vince might book them

I may have already said this but if you have the Network, go watch the Dusty Rhodes Stories. It was awesome if for no other reason than Arn Anderson was on my TV talking again

Call it the pessimist in me but the Danny Davis thing smells of an angle to me.

Not sure what they do at Battleground, if the rumored HHH-Rollins match is happening, I don't know how they get there

Random thought it is just me or every time you click on the WWE Network Total Divas is on???
Not watching it on E, not watching it there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT