ADVERTISEMENT

Chuck Hayes Getting one More Year w/ Rockets for $1.5 Mil

Good for chuck! It's crazy to think that people get paid this,amount of money sometimes. To a lebron or Kobe $1.5 is nothing. But to us that's insane. Chuck is making the most of a long career. I wish I could make $1.5 million when I work my last year when I'm in my 69s

Great to hear, Chuck is one of my favorite Cats and I'm sure a favorite with many other UK fans. Proud of him and the career he has had for himself. He has done so well for his size at his position.

Reactions: UK2KC-A-T-S
Good for chuck! It's crazy to think that people get paid this,amount of money sometimes. To a lebron or Kobe $1.5 is nothing. But to us that's insane. Chuck is making the most of a long career. I wish I could make $1.5 million when I work my last year when I'm in my 69s
That last sentence doe..

Reactions: Mike-D and CELTICAT
I believe that will push his career earnings to over $32 million. Think about that. A guy who averaged 3.7ppg and 5.0rpg made $32 million.

Reactions: Bkocats
One of the most surprising guys ever to have a decade NBA career. Hayes was all heart and effort...he could play as well. A shame he did not get a Final Four his senior year...but that guy messed it up for him.

That's 21 Wildcats that have guaranteed NBA contracts next year.

Miller's back in Euro ball.

Still looking for a home:

Lamb
Orton
Mohammed
Prince
Teague
Liggins
Harrelson
Andrew Harrison
Johnson

Last edited:
One of my favorites. Chuck LOVED being a Kentucky Wildcat. I'll never forget his senior day, standing there unflinching but with tears streaming down his face. Great kid.

Here's the whole ceremony in case anyone is interested. It's embedded on the page but you can blow it up.

http://mycn2.com/kstv/throwback-thu...day-ceremony-for-chuck-hayes-and-josh-carrier
Thank you for sharing this, been searching for years. Teared up when I saw Mr. Wildcat on the sidelines as Chuck checked out for the final time.

Good for him, hope he has been saving and investing his money, always good to see are guys doing well[thumb2]

I believe that will push his career earnings to over $32 million. Think about that. A guy who averaged 3.7ppg and 5.0rpg made $32 million.

very proud of, and happy for, Chuck - he definitely deserves what he's earned.

He definitely has made the most of his talents, or lack thereof. He has a big heart.

Congrats to Big Chuck on his contract.
112299663.jpg

he played back up center for almost two years in houston. for his lack of skill, he has an extremely wide base, and is strong as an ox. maybe the best below-the-rim rebounder i can remember at kentucky. he never minded getting his shot blocked he just kept getting the rebound. a good interior passer with a legendary work ethic/leadership role as a cat. very proud of his career. and that he's from the central valley makes it even better.

Great news. Good for Chuck! Does he still have that excellent free throw form?

I hope when chuck retires, he comes to
Coach here. Surviving a decade in the league as a 6'6" PF/C must take a ton of basketball knowledge. I'd love to see him coach our bigs!

had a Dr's appointment Wednesday. 6'2" in shoes (which is all that matters), 195 pounds with clothes on. True story. Nonfiction.

And it kills me when randoms say they know me somehow and I can't place em. You're not Josh are ya?

I may have been a Josh in another life, but today I'm just ukcatsfan2...

haha... so you're Josh from Bowling Green. I miss BAC. However, I did steal away Joey and we're on the same league teams in Nashville now. Hearing Andrew is moving down in a few months as well.

that's awesome! miss those guys.

do you remember that time back in band camp, when we used to.... ah! never mind.

Great to hear, Chuck is one of my favorite Cats and I'm sure a favorite with many other UK fans. Proud of him and the career he has had for himself. He has done so well for his size at his position.
Couldn't agree more...one of my favorite all time cats!

ADVERTISEMENT