ADVERTISEMENT

Chatt. Times: Cal expecting another run

Thanks for the link, I agree that it will be an exciting year again next season. We had a good chance at a FF next season but after adding Murray we have a chance at a title. I think his game really compliments the rest of the guys we have and is a piece to the puzzle.

I'm like Cal and can't wait for the season to start.

Reactions: BillVol
Could have done without the lopsided bright orange upside down anchor though.

Your cool man but damn UT ish is ugly.

From West, Tn btw. Born and raised.

Thanks, Sosa. I've never been banned from this board, and if you'll notice, I was registered here earlier than anyone on this thread. I was actually here before that. The board re-set in 2001, I think.

Thanks, Sosa. I've never been banned from this board, and if you'll notice, I was registered here earlier than anyone on this thread. I was actually here before that. The board re-set in 2001, I think.
No worries. You seem good in my book.

I had a pay account and ended up getting rid of it. I think I joined the board at the end of Tubby's reign.

Different username. Truebluecrew is what I think it was.

Just figured it out. When you post an opening post, there is a box you can select to "watch" a thread. It is checked by default. Doh!

I think I remember your old handle, Sosa.

There was a guy who posted here years ago who I really enjoyed knowing. We threw a lot of ideas around.

Also, this is the home of Jon's UK history website. IMO, it is the best website on all the internet. Maybe YouTube is better, but that is the work of a corporation and millions of people. For one person, no site can touch Jon's.

Just figured it out. When you post an opening post, there is a box you can select to "watch" a thread. It is checked by default. Doh!

I think I remember your old handle, Sosa.

There was a guy who posted here years ago who I really enjoyed knowing. We threw a lot of ideas around.

Also, this is the home of Jon's UK history website. IMO, it is the best website on all the internet. Maybe YouTube is better, but that is the work of a corporation and millions of people. For one person, no site can touch Jon's.
Yes, Mr. Scott's site is a treasure to UK fans.

This is my 3rd handle. I got blacklisted twice here when Tubby was coach. Nickname for here was E/D stood for edit and delete for when Tubby was coach. You couldn't say anything negative at all about him even if it was true. Like Saul is not very good a guaranteed foul on a 3pt shooter.

Reactions: .S&C.
I joined this board several years before 2003, which is when I'm listed as joining. Not sure why that is. My moniker has always been the same, and I've never been banned.

The UT basketball site "Hoopsville" is actually a very good site - I found it because I own property near Gatlinburg and have UT friends.

Hoopsville had one of the best posters on any board (similar to our Don), a guy named Bullsgapvol, who sadly passed last year - he was one of those fans any fan base would be proud of. RIP Bullsgapvol.

I joined this board several years before 2003, which is when I'm listed as joining. Not sure why that is. My moniker has always been the same, and I've never been banned.

Couldn't have been too many years before 2003. Founded in 98 or 99 and made it's way to UK around 2000, then went bankrupt and practically shut down in 2001.

I'd say you were reassigned during that transition.

Couldn't have been too many years before 2003. Founded in 98 or 99 and made it's way to UK around 2000, then went bankrupt and practically shut down in 2001.

I'd say you were reassigned during that transition.

Yes, "several" probably wasn't accurate. I'm guessing it was maybe 2000 or 2001. Guess it would have been "Wildcatchat" at that time??

This is my 3rd handle. I got blacklisted twice here when Tubby was coach. Nickname for here was E/D stood for edit and delete for when Tubby was coach. You couldn't say anything negative at all about him even if it was true. Like Saul is not very good a guaranteed foul on a 3pt shooter.

Must have been johnblue who banned you. I had trouble with him in those days.

Yes, "several" probably wasn't accurate. I'm guessing it was maybe 2000 or 2001. Guess it would have been "Wildcatchat" at that time??

Definitely had Wildcatchat back then.

Wildcatfaithful
Bigbluenation started up in 2000

all sorts popped up soon thereafter wildcatmaniacs, wildcatthunder, etc

ZZ, Bulls Gap Vol (or was it Bullsgap?) was a great guy. He fought his cancer with great courage. I wrote him a PM once and he said, yes, he had brain cancer and it was terminal, but that God is good.

But the all-time best poster on our board (not counting me, of course :) ) was KnoxVol. He disappeared several years ago and no one knows what happened. He linked articles on UT basketball every day of the year.

Reactions: ZZBlueComet
The UT basketball site "Hoopsville" is actually a very good site - I found it because I own property near Gatlinburg and have UT friends.

I post quite a lot on Volnation basketball board. It's a fairly decent and civil place. Growing up in Tennessee I really hate Tennessee (dad and his side are from Kentucky), but their message board fans aren't all that bad. Nothing like Kansas boards or UNC boards.

But again, no more upside down bright orange anchors and we're cool.

I've had around 5 different handles since the old boards. I took a ban once or wide. Once over the Tubby debacle in 2005. I had around 15,000 post or so. Other times I got bored and just went for a change.

Yea I remember the days of Tubby around here in the early 2,000's. The exact opposite of this board today.

UK will be good, not 38-1 awesome like last year, but good enough to make another run at the Final 4 then see what happens.

I think this team is way better than "good enough" and lots of fans are setting themselves up for a great surprise.

ZZ, Bulls Gap Vol (or was it Bullsgap?) was a great guy. He fought his cancer with great courage. I wrote him a PM once and he said, yes, he had brain cancer and it was terminal, but that God is good.

But the all-time best poster on our board (not counting me, of course :) ) was KnoxVol. He disappeared several years ago and no one knows what happened. He linked articles on UT basketball every day of the year.
I remember him, wow, that's interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT