ADVERTISEMENT

Chasing Brandon Ingram: Inside a fierce recruiting competition

Dear Brandon,

I know you don't want to disappoint either Duke or UNC's fan bases. That said, make the choice that's most expedient - Kentucky.

Sincerely Yours,

Every UK fan right now

Reactions: Brando Mac
For days now the Duke coaching has been around telling people that Ingram committed to them last week.

Kids at Kinston are tweeting that BI is telling people his decision is going to "shock some people"

He could be building drama or he could pull a Swanigan

So Duke got Kennard who grew up a UK fan, would only be fitting for us to get Ingram since he grew up a Duke Fan. Don't see that happening though, unfortunately. I don't recall us ever getting a player we were not really expecting. Usually if its UK, then we know about it beforehand. Seems like the maybe's and just possibilities never end up here.

If Ingrams's dad is die hard UNC he prolly would hate to see his son play at Duke. I can see UK being the lesser of two evils. Parlay that with him saying it's gonna shock some people and wanting the shortest path to the NBA and I'd say it's looking like we got a shot. I think UNC's out because of possible violtions looming..

"I was going to give everybody a bottled water,” Donald Ingram said. “So that’s what I did. That simple. I kept it real. So that way nobody could get the impression that he’s going this direction because he gave me an orange juice"

This was a funny quote

I have no doubt he's going to Duke.His comments about shocking people is to create drama.I don't blame the kid for having some fun with the situation.To be 17 and have people reading things into every comment must be exciting.

Brandon Knight went a long way, but I feel like we still need another stud named Brandon rocking the Kentucky jersey to truly erase the disappointment that Brandon Stockton brought to our name. At least that's my theory as to why he's clearly going to pick UK.

Seriously though, I think the kid's gonna be a Pukie. Would be the ultimate Swaggy Cal move if he's able to steal him out of North Carolina, though.

Were you expecting Kyle Wiltjer or Terrence Jones once he committed to Washington?

TJ was a heavy UK lean and everyone, including Coach Cal, was surprised by his commitment to Washington. I don't recall much about KW's recruitment other than he committed without every taking a visit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT