ADVERTISEMENT

Chane Behanan just got...

AgesBlue

Senior
May 25, 2010
An offer from the tar heels, looks like he is on their radar. On their rivals site ( premium article ) so i can't get it, But he is really skyrocketing!

Chane is a big kid physically for his age and will dominate players in his age group because he is physically bigger than they are. I wonder how he will do when he gets to college and the guys he is going against are going to be taller and bigger than he is?
Also one thing of note is that UNC is after Anthony Davis also so if they can get UK to offer Behanan then that will open a door for UNC for Davis. If UK sticks with Davis then we will have the better prospect.
Don't forget UNC started looking at Jared Carter then BAM! UK offered then Carter committed to UK and had 4 years of dominating the chair at the end of the bench. Meanwhile UNC laughed all the way back home because they knew we just tied up a scholly for 4 years. Tubby then went and backed up that move with a scholarship offer to Mike Williams who he never even seen him play before.

I live in BG and I've seen him play a bunch and yea I believe he is good and would be able to play D1 but I don't see how he is ranked so high because dominating the 4th region is nothing special. but then again im not a recruiting analyst so what do I know

Chane would be a good pickup if he doesn't mind waiting his turn. He could be a four year guy like Hayes who would offer stability.

We have a number of multi-year guys right now: Dodson, Liggins, Miller, Hood, Poole, Vargas, Lamb. Chane would be a good addition to that mix.

I dont understand why everyone says that Doron Lamb is a multi year player... We all know what happened with our boys this year so who's to say it cant happen this year? Doron is a pure shooter and yes he does have to prove he can knock down the 3 point shot but we all know what Cal can do with these players... I really think it all depends on Lambs mindset... if he comes in and puts up 10-15 a game, he is gone along with Kanter, Knight, and TJones... IMHO

Originally posted by Metcalfe_linbacker45:
I live in BG and I've seen him play a bunch and yea I believe he is good and would be able to play D1 but I don't see how he is ranked so high because dominating the 4th region is nothing special. but then again im not a recruiting analyst so what do I know

You must not be paying attention. Chane has not earned his ranking playing against 4th region competition, he is receiving the attention now because of the way he has been playing over the summer against other national recruits.

I put my total trust in our coach in recruiting the right players for his particular system. Maybe Chane doesen't fit his system, but I don't know.

Originally posted by Its Nunu:
Originally posted by Metcalfe_linbacker45:

You must not be paying attention. Chane has not earned his ranking playing against 4th region competition, he is receiving the attention now because of the way he has been playing over the summer against other national recruits.
To be fair, the NBAPA camp where Behanan played his best did not include several of the higher profile prospects who were playing in the U18 and U17 games. Anthony Davis however was present at the camp. Behanan got MVP, Davis got Most Outstanding Prospect. I'm not sure what the difference is.

Originally posted by cessna530:
I dont understand why everyone says that Doron Lamb is a multi year player... We all know what happened with our boys this year so who's to say it cant happen this year? Doron is a pure shooter and yes he does have to prove he can knock down the 3 point shot but we all know what Cal can do with these players... I really think it all depends on Lambs mindset... if he comes in and puts up 10-15 a game, he is gone along with Kanter, Knight, and TJones... IMHO
The reason everybody is saying Lamb is a multi-year guy is because he lacks great athleticism that the NBA craves.

Originally posted by AgesBlue:
An offer from the tar heels, looks like he is on their radar. On their rivals site ( premium article ) so i can't get it, But he is really skyrocketing!

Chane Behanan does not, as of yet, have an offer from UNC.

As of this moment the only 2011 non-committed recruits who have scholarship offers are Austin Rivers and Cody Zeller.

An offer to Behanan may come in the future.

Originally posted by Bombur:

Originally posted by AgesBlue:

Chane Behanan does not, as of yet, have an offer from UNC.

As of this moment the only 2011 non-committed recruits who have scholarship offers are Austin Rivers and Cody Zeller.

An offer to Behanan may come in the future.

Well seeing as you know everything. When's the world going to end?

If you told me 2 years ago that we would have a top 25 big man in the state and we wouldnt even be offering him a scholarship unless we missed on someone else and everyone was fine with it I would call you crazy.

Unbelievable how far this program has went. Dont think that Wall and company didnt make a big impact to the program. I would say last year was one of the most important nonchampionship years ever.

He will get an offer I believe he is on campus this weekend. Coach Cal will offer him soon i believe. Or at least i hope he is a big player to get cause he will be a Chuck Hayes type player. A 4 year player that we need to mix in with the 1-dones.

Originally posted by *Bleedingblue*:
Also one thing of note is that UNC is after Anthony Davis also so if they can get UK to offer Behanan then that will open a door for UNC for Davis. If UK sticks with Davis then we will have the better prospect.

Jury is definitely still out on that one, IMO

girls-mma-500-6.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT