ADVERTISEMENT

Chance to defend Cal if you so choose...

Ya know, I don't give a flip what other fan bases think about us - they're going to hate us no matter what. Only time they've halfway liked us was when Tubby "the nice guy" was here going 22-13.

Cal loves making quotes like this for attention, we should be used to it.

Reactions: Federal Cat
What Cal is saying is if these (8) guys get drafted that means we would of had an excellent year and a very very good one at that. I imagine that most teams who have excellent seasons are going to have a few guys who are nba worthy or damn near close to it.
I'd rather of been 38-1 and have 8 guys drafted then be like a program like Bama or Kansas St.
I'll take a coach saying he cares for his players and wants them to be drafted (that means having good years ;) than saying he doesn't care about his players all he cares about his resume or legacy. Both go hand in hand it's just how you say it that draws criticsm.

To take a quote from the article.........

Do fans have a right to be irritated whenever Calipari insists championships are secondary to him? Probably, but they should also understand why he says that stuff too. It's a calculated recruiting tactic — nothing more and nothing less.

Maybe this time he'll stop short of calling it the biggest night in Kentucky basketball history, but you can bet he'll still find another way to sell his program to recruits.

- - - - - - -

Reactions: Bkocats
Wow, another opportunity for the chicken little contingent to lament the sudden but expected death of our basketball program.

Here is one response I found on there:

"I think he showed his weaknesses as a coach by losing the way they did (mirroring previous flame outs). If not for the freakishly gifted A. Davis and the way Gilchrist instilled drive into the team , they would not have won 2012 IMO. He is a good coach, great recruiter, and a bit of a flim flam man. He should get his act together and win another NCAA. The draft will take care of itself. It is much harder to win NCAA than get kids drafted. They can do that anywhere because they have the talent to begin with. Now, if he were turning kids into prospects who were not to begin with then his "goal" might have merit."

It's tough to win a championship. Just ask dean smith. He wouldn't have won any if it werent for Michael Jordan and Chris webber. :boxing:

I have said it many times on here, the bottom line is, I feel we should have won titles in 2010 and this past year. You will be hard pressed to find any team in NCAA history more talented than those 2 teams, and we have zero titles to show for either season. Call me a troll til your blue in the face, I could not care less. Facts are facts, and the fact is Cal has under-achieved in comparison to the talent he has brought in here. I am not saying we should fire him before any dumb remarks come in, I am just calling it how I see it.

I have said it many times on here, the bottom line is, I feel we should have won titles in 2010 and this past year. You will be hard pressed to find any team in NCAA history more talented than those 2 teams, and we have zero titles to show for either season. Call me a troll til your blue in the face, I could not care less. Facts are facts, and the fact is Cal has under-achieved in comparison to the talent he has brought in here. I am not saying we should fire him before any dumb remarks come in, I am just calling it how I see it.[/QUOTE
Your cr@p is getting really old. Calling you a Troll would be an upgrade. Every time you post your anti-Cal agenda is so obvious Stevie Wonder could see it.

The hate is strong.

I get very weary of envious rival fan bases telling UK fans how we feel, what we think, and how we will react. Why do they even care enough to write a response to an article about John Calipari and the remarks he made at a business meeting? It says a lot.

Here's a novel idea: Let UK fans worry about our team and our coach.

The hate is strong.

I get very weary of envious rival fan bases telling UK fans how we feel, what we think, and how we will react. Why do they even care enough to write a response to an article about John Calipari and the remarks he made at a business meeting? It says a lot.

Here's a novel idea: Let UK fans worry about our team and our coach.

Maybe they would if we didn't have so many fans that have made it their life passion posting about other programs and coaches.

I have said it many times on here, the bottom line is, I feel we should have won titles in 2010 and this past year. You will be hard pressed to find any team in NCAA history more talented than those 2 teams, and we have zero titles to show for either season. Call me a troll til your blue in the face, I could not care less. Facts are facts, and the fact is Cal has under-achieved in comparison to the talent he has brought in here. I am not saying we should fire him before any dumb remarks come in, I am just calling it how I see it.

And here's a couple more facts. The best, most talented team fails to win the national championship more often than not. One bad game, one loss........and you're out.

Give us a five-game series last year or in 2010, and I say we win it all both times. But that's not the way the NCAA tourney works. It is what it is.

Reactions: ksharpless

You are the definition of an agenda poster. Negative 24/7. Izzo is considered a much better coach than Cal. Same number of titles. K didn't win a title the first 4 times he made the FF. NCAA is a one and out tournament. Best team doesn't win a LOT. Cal gets us in the position to win every year he's been here but one. I'll take that all day every day. You just continue to nitpick and look at the negatives.

Reactions: michaeluk26 and W2R
Never mind I'm not gonna waste my time seeing what other fans are saying and give some site hits for logging on to it, next thread.

To take a quote from the article.........

Do fans have a right to be irritated whenever Calipari insists championships are secondary to him? Probably, but they should also understand why he says that stuff too. It's a calculated recruiting tactic — nothing more and nothing less.

Maybe this time he'll stop short of calling it the biggest night in Kentucky basketball history, but you can bet he'll still find another way to sell his program to recruits.

- - - - - - -
Exactly its marketing, take away the negative of not winning the NC, and push the positive that players are reaching the next level. You have to understand this for it to make sense.

Maybe they would if we didn't have so many fans that have made it their life passion posting about other programs and coaches.
Not sure I follow you. UK fans posting on a UK message board? Or some other outlet?

Regardless, I've never seen another coach or another program get as much attention/hate from rival fan bases as UK does...........with maybe one exception. Duke. And you know what? IMO, in both instances it comes from jealousy.

Right, because that doesn't happen with EVERY SINGLE FANBASE. Nope, only UK fans. Or are you one of the ones who believes we have the worst fans. Amazing how many here do believe that.

You are the definition of an agenda poster. Negative 24/7. Izzo is considered a much better coach than Cal. Same number of titles. K didn't win a title the first 4 times he made the FF. NCAA is a one and out tournament. Best team doesn't win a LOT. Cal gets us in the position to win every year he's been here but one. I'll take that all day every day. You just continue to nitpick and look at the negatives.
Thanks for the analysis. You are just in a cult with Cal. I love Kentucky basketball more than anything in life other than my family. However,that does not mean that I have to be in Cal cult that you are in brother.

Thanks for the analysis. You are just in a cult with Cal. I love Kentucky basketball more than anything in life other than my family. However,that does not mean that I have to be in Cal cult that you are in brother.

Haven't bought any of his books. Don't listen to his radio show. Rarely listen to any of his interviews. Don't follow him on Twitter. Many things about him annoy me. I just don't look at things like you do I guess. Thank God.

Yea, another worshiper. Sorry that you are blinded by the Cal tinted glasses, but I am just truthful. The bottom line is, there is something up when the stage gets really big,I am not sure what it is , but it is there, like it or not. You just keep on following Cal like a blind little puppy dog, I will love the cats forever, but I do not have to set back and shut up about everything. That is why message boards were created.

Haven't bought any of his books. Don't listen to his radio show. Rarely listen to any of his interviews. Don't follow him on Twitter. Many things about him annoy me. I just don't look at things like you do I guess. Thank God.
Thats fine, but after the title game you had quite a few negative post about Cal yourself; but now you feel high and mighty and are trying to show off in front of your friends. You are good at criticizing my posts' but you yourself have had quite a fw things to say about Cal's coaching as well.

Thats fine, but after the title game you had quite a few negative post about Cal yourself; but now you feel high and mighty and are trying to show off in front of your friends. You are good at criticizing my posts' but you yourself have had quite a fw things to say about Cal's coaching as well.

Then why did you accuse me of being in Cal's cult? Just throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks? I don't think anything I said that night was all that bad, but people say things in the heat of the moment they wish could take back. Whatever, let's just end this.

Then why did you accuse me of being in Cal's cult? Just throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks? I don't think anything I said that night was all that bad, but people say things in the heat of the moment they wish could take back. Whatever, let's just end this.
In this case, silents would be golden

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
The fact that he didn't start posting on here until after the tourney says all you need to know about the guy.

Reactions: michaeluk26
Yea, another worshiper. Sorry that you are blinded by the Cal tinted glasses, but I am just truthful. The bottom line is, there is something up when the stage gets really big,I am not sure what it is , but it is there, like it or not. You just keep on following Cal like a blind little puppy dog, I will love the cats forever, but I do not have to set back and shut up about everything. That is why message boards were created.
So you are the type of fan that said tubby couldn't get it done and was a one hit wonder. And then was lazy and couldn't recruit and get to another final four in a decade...And then Cal comes along and recruits his ass off. Wins a title. Multiple final fours. But under achieves?????????..........you say you love the Cats, when exactly what decade? Because in the past 38 years I have been alive, Cal has had the greatest success .....and still going strong

Joe b. Sutton, pitino , tubby, Gillespie ..... Two have titles. All combined do not have the runner ups and final fours of calipari

The fact that he didn't start posting on here until after the tourney says all you need to know about the guy.

Exactly what I said in another thread. Its blatantly obvious from his sign on date that he is a troll. He keeps overcompensating every Cal bashing post with how much he loves UK and how anyone who rightly ridicules his mind boggling commentary is in the Cal cult. Look at how many Cal bashing posts he has today alone.

Just like a cardinal fan to say 4 final fours and a title in 6 years is underachieving without mentioning we start over with mostly freshman dominated lineups each year. You are fooling no one bro.

So you are the type of fan that said tubby couldn't get it done and was a one hit wonder. And then was lazy and couldn't recruit and get to another final four in a decade...And then Cal comes along and recruits his ass off. Wins a title. Multiple final fours. But under achieves?????????..........you say you love the Cats, when exactly what decade? Because in the past 38 years I have been alive, Cal has had the greatest success .....and still going strong

Joe b. Sutton, pitino , tubby, Gillespie ..... Two have titles. All combined do not have the runner ups and final fours of calipari
So, how in the world do you know my opinion on Tubby? Have we talked before? Wow, you must a special kind of dude. lol.....I liked Tubby, but wait, I guess it was ok for you and most other fans to bash him because he did not win enough, right? That is some good fans right there!

Exactly what I said in another thread. Its blatantly obvious from his sign on date that he is a troll. He keeps overcompensating every Cal bashing post with how much he loves UK and how anyone who rightly ridicules his mind boggling commentary is in the Cal cult. Look at how many Cal bashing posts he has today alone.

Just like a cardinal fan to say 4 final fours and a title in 6 years is underachieving without mentioning we start over with mostly freshman dominated lineups each year. You are fooling no one bro.
Michael, it is obvious that you are actually a troll, as well as a true keyboard warrior. A real tough guy when you are hiding behind a computer screen. Quit trolling this board and go back to being ahoosier fan, because we both know that you love the hoosiers. Me and you go back a long way, and I know you love Indiana, I cant belive nobody has figured you out yet. I am now putting you on ignore now

Lots of people hate coach Cal lots of trools on this board and even UK fans. look at coach Cal record at Ky, no other good coach takes the heat that coach Cal takes..He is the best around I thank..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT