ADVERTISEMENT

CBS is Reporting That Humphries Committed to the CATS!!

Yeah I just read it on my phone and it said he was not YET eligible for this season. I missed that the first time, but I assume that they are confident that he will be ready to go by the start of the season.

this what matt jones said in his post last night:
It is important to note however that Humphries is not yet eligible to play at Kentucky this year. Since the decision to reclassify was made late, he has had to take a number of classes to get eligible for next year and that process has not been completed. It will not be done for the next 2 weeks or so and that is partially why the news had not been leaked.

I think he will be a great addition. It might not show up in the stats, but it gives us another big body and an extra set of fouls. It will also pay dividends for our practices. It will be good competition for Skal and Lee to go against a 7 footer everyday in practice.

There is absolutely nothing to not like about this. Where were we thinnest and injury or foul trouble hurt us the most - our bigs. So cal took care of that with a situational sub. What's not to like? I just hope he gets eligible.

17 yo, 7 foot, 4 star, top 5o in a loaded class and some question his athletic ability.

Guess Larry Bird was a mirage.

Over his tenure here Cal has liked a lot of players in a lot of roles---including a lot of practice-only roles.

I like Humphries because he's clearly not a practice-only player. He's got the body and he's got at least the beginnings of the skills and the attitude to become a bigger, stronger Josh Harrellson.

(Who just got married this past weekend---shout out to the guy.)

ADVERTISEMENT