ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs Mizz Saturday

I had two singing engagements so had to watch the game delayed. Gilliam is a very good first baseman. I think he increases the confidence of the other infielders to attempt plays knowing he's going to get it if he can. 2nd and short look like a really good combination to turn two. Felker at 3rd is OK but you need his bat in the lineup. Jackson Gray is very good at center. Waldschmidt seems pretty good at fielding left. Right seems to be a bit of an adventure with McCarthy there but he's making some plays. Maybe McCoy was better in the field but his hitting wasn't strong enough. We caught Missouri at a good time with all of their injuries. Looks like we are going to have to see if this team is real at Georgia (possibly) or LSU (definitely). Seems pretty real but I've watched Kentucky baseball several times wilt in the meatgrinder of the SEC.

Reactions: parrott and vhcat70
Was at the game today. Outstanding game, pitching was superb and we keep hitting the ball and running the bases aggressively.

Crowd was the best one of the year, over 3,000 there. Sweep tomorrow is huge.
Wife and I are going tomorrow. I could hear the crowd on the radio

I had two singing engagements so had to watch the game delayed. Gilliam is a very good first baseman. I think he increases the confidence of the other infielders to attempt plays knowing he's going to get it if he can. 2nd and short look like a really good combination to turn two. Felker at 3rd is OK but you need his bat in the lineup. Jackson Gray is very good at center. Waldschmidt seems pretty good at fielding left. Right seems to be a bit of an adventure with McCarthy there but he's making some plays. Maybe McCoy was better in the field but his hitting wasn't strong enough. We caught Missouri at a good time with all of their injuries. Looks like we are going to have to see if this team is real at Georgia (possibly) or LSU (definitely). Seems pretty real but I've watched Kentucky baseball several times wilt in the meatgrinder of the SEC.
I think they are real now. Was there are today. Didn't Missouri go into Kville and sweep puke?

I think this is fair. McCoy is definitely better in RF, but he was just abysmal at the plate. Our lineup is productive from top to bottom with the exception of DH (Ewell has been mostly a miss) and the 7-hole spot (McCarthy has been better than McCoy but not exactly reliable).

We definitely caught a break with the schedule, but getting sweeps is critical so as to give us some cushion when the schedule gets (much) tougher. If we can win today and go 8-1 in SEC, we set ourselves up to try and grab a road series in Athens (Georgia is probably the second or third worst team in the league). Do that, and we're 10-2 going to Baton Rouge...who knows?

We don't have top notch arms on the high end, but we have tremendous depth on our pitching staff. I haven't had a ton of confidence in Bosma, but he was lights out yesterday.

Hoping for the best, keep winning and try and grab a regional host site!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT