ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs Aggies (gm 2)....

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
A&M leads 2-1 after 2 full innings. Cats cut the lead in half on Thomas Bernals' solo HR in the bottom of the 2nd.

Another loss 6-3 this time. We had a chance to win this one. We had it tied 3-3 with runners at the corners and 1 out and couldn't get a hit. We then went to Cody in relief and he gave up 3 runs in the top of the 7th to give them the lead and the win. Glad we saved our bullpen for the second game. We really used it.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

I was hoping to pull out the 'W' for game two today. We had a great shot when it was 3-3. Oh well, can't dwell on these two games today. We got to play another game tomorrow.

Originally posted by KYBallCoach:
I was hoping to pull out the 'W' for game two today. We had a great shot when it was 3-3. Oh well, can't dwell on these two games today. We got to play another game tomorrow.
No actually we don't play again until Wednesday, at Louisville. Today's games were it against A&M.

If I am not mistaken, there is no game tomorrow. Everyone was supposed to play Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for Easter. We didn't get our Thursday or Friday games in so we had to settle for a Saturday double header. We will be one game less in the SEC standings than most other teams.

Originally posted by CloverforkCat:

No actually we don't play again until Wednesday, at Louisville. Today's games were it against A&M.
Next 4 games are on the road...Don't look for them to win any of them...

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:

If I am not mistaken, there is no game tomorrow. Everyone was supposed to play Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for Easter. We didn't get our Thursday or Friday games in so we had to settle for a Saturday double header. We will be one game less in the SEC standings than most other teams.
"We will be one game less in the SEC standings than most other teams."....
smokin.r191677.gif
CB...do you think it will really matter?

Well it might matter towards getting into the SEC tournament, but other than that... no.

Cats not good enough against a very good A&M club. Mother nature tried to help with the short games, but still just not enough. At this point, you have to think this UK team will do well to avoid last place in the SEC and squeeze in one of the 12 SEC tournament spots. Meat grinder schedule, and just don't have all the pieces.

Why Cody while Spencer Jack was not used out of the bullpen. AS soon as Cody came into the game, I knew that we were going to lose.

Originally posted by Gabewcat:
Why Cody while Spencer Jack was not used out of the bullpen. AS soon as Cody came into the game, I knew that we were going to lose.
The entire use of pitchers on Saturday was weird. I mean, why stick with Brown for the entire 7 innings? You're trying to keep your bullpen fresh for one 7 inning game? Then instead of using anyone out of the pen we only use our Sunday starter. Just doesn't make sense to basically not use your pen at all, especially after saving your pen in the first game.

Originally posted by Gabewcat:
Cody has talent, but he has been a dissapointment so far. He and the Cats may be better off if he returns to the bullpen for a while. Maybe try lefty Dylan Dwyer in the weekend rotation, bring Cody in as mid relief.

ADVERTISEMENT