ADVERTISEMENT

Cats have to take advantage of schedule

UKErik

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
When/if Kentucky football ever turns the corner, it will be because a football team that was decent enough in the talent department won every game they SHOULD have and a few that were toss ups (or slight dogs). So how likely is it that 2015 is the year it happens? Is Kentucky better than they were in '14? Is the schedule more favorable?

I think it's reasonable to expect an improved Kentucky offense. I think/hope Dawson is an upgrade over Brown. The talent is certainly better (and more experienced). UK has a returning QB. If the OL stays healthy, the improvement could be significant. Defensively, UK can't be worse than they were in '14 (allowed 36 or more points in six of eight SEC games; didn't even force a punt against Georgia). While some are worried about the loss of Dupree and Smith, my biggest worry is corner. There's more depth there, but how much quality? So the defense, IMO anyway, won't be a helluva lot better than last year.

So if that's accurate, does this particular schedule have 7-8 wins on it? I think it might.

The Cats won five times last season. They were probably a dropped INT away from winning two others (Florida and Louisville). UK was also competitive in losses to Missouri and Mississippi State. So in 12 games, they gave themselves a shot nine times. I think this years schedule is much more friendly. A few thoughts;

*UK plays EIGHT home games...of those eight, only Auburn and maybe Tennessee figure to crack the preseason top 20. Florida, U of L, and Missouri won't be easy, but all three are extremely winnable.

*The schedule features only four road games. South Carolina and Vanderbilt won't enter the season with high expectations. Mississippi State lost a TON. Georgia looks to be the toughest game on the schedule.

Looking at that slate of games, it's about as friendly as it's ever going to get. Eight at home. Three winnable games on the road (as it looks right now anyway). Potentially ten winnable games overall.

This is probably my big blue bias speaking, but I think a 7-8 win season is VERY possible. IMO, the wheels would have to fall off for UK to finish with a losing record.

GBB!!!

I agree Erik. This is the first UK team (in my lifetime) that I have felt UK will actually have a shot in every game. Now I certainly don't mean they will win them all. But theres no reason to think UK will not have a winning season. I think 7 is very possible. 6 wins at the least. Even a disastrous season should still net 5 wins.

Should win - Louisiana, Charlotte, EKU - 3 wins

Less likely but possible - South Carolina, Auburn, Georgia

More likely - Missouri, Louisville - 2 wins

Tossup - Miss. St., Tennessee, Vanderbilt (much improved) - Win 1 of these 3 at least

Wildcard - Florida (who knows how well they will be)

Reactions: jnewc2
When/if Kentucky football ever turns the corner, it will be because a football team that was decent enough in the talent department won every game they SHOULD have and a few that were toss ups (or slight dogs). So how likely is it that 2015 is the year it happens? Is Kentucky better than they were in '14? Is the schedule more favorable?

I think it's reasonable to expect an improved Kentucky offense. I think/hope Dawson is an upgrade over Brown. The talent is certainly better (and more experienced). UK has a returning QB. If the OL stays healthy, the improvement could be significant. Defensively, UK can't be worse than they were in '14 (allowed 36 or more points in six of eight SEC games; didn't even force a punt against Georgia). While some are worried about the loss of Dupree and Smith, my biggest worry is corner. There's more depth there, but how much quality? So the defense, IMO anyway, won't be a helluva lot better than last year.

So if that's accurate, does this particular schedule have 7-8 wins on it? I think it might.

The Cats won five times last season. They were probably a dropped INT away from winning two others (Florida and Louisville). UK was also competitive in losses to Missouri and Mississippi State. So in 12 games, they gave themselves a shot nine times. I think this years schedule is much more friendly. A few thoughts;

*UK plays EIGHT home games...of those eight, only Auburn and maybe Tennessee figure to crack the preseason top 20. Florida, U of L, and Missouri won't be easy, but all three are extremely winnable.

*The schedule features only four road games. South Carolina and Vanderbilt won't enter the season with high expectations. Mississippi State lost a TON. Georgia looks to be the toughest game on the schedule.

Looking at that slate of games, it's about as friendly as it's ever going to get. Eight at home. Three winnable games on the road (as it looks right now anyway). Potentially ten winnable games overall.

This is probably my big blue bias speaking, but I think a 7-8 win season is VERY possible. IMO, the wheels would have to fall off for UK to finish with a losing record.

GBB!!!

^^^Me Also^^^.

We will be putting the same personnel on the field at cornerback while also losing our two best pass rushers. Think about that combo for a minute. We're now gonna be asking Tiller, Harmon, Quinn to cover even longer. That should go well.

You have Tennessee on the come but Florida, Vandy, Mizzou and USC on a downward tilt from normal expectation- I think UK will have a shot to get to 7 wins.

That said the Dline has to get pressure or the secondary will be exposed (again).

We may not haver upper tier SEC talent, but for the first time in my 28 year observation of the Cats, this is easily the deepest team in my memory. If memory serves, one of UKs biggest excuses for futility was that we were a MASH uniit both physically and mentally by seasons end.

I think the backend of this year's schedule has 3 wins in it.... Truly the first time to gauge Stoops' ability to prepare and coach.

I think we have to win 2 out of our first 3 games this year. We have to beat either Florida or South Carolina. If we do then I think we go bowling.

Reactions: brianpoe
First 4 games set the tone for the year. Win those or go 3-1 and UK may have a nice year. Go 2-2 or 1-3 and it's more of the same.

We will be putting the same personnel on the field at cornerback while also losing our two best pass rushers. Think about that combo for a minute. We're now gonna be asking Tiller, Harmon, Quinn to cover even longer. That should go well.

Unfortunately those "two best pass rushers" were effectively blocked 90% of the time. Hatcher and Ware aren't exactly chopped liver.

Heaven forbid to think positively that the "same personnel" may be better this year than last. Isn't that what a year of experience supposed to do?

Reactions: UKCatnNC
Thanks UKErik! I always look forward to your thoughts and views on the Cats. I am, as usual, positive about this upcoming season. It seems like we all expect very positive improvements in the offense; however, few are expecting much improvement from the defense. I am thinking we are going to see some positive improvements from the defense. Not only should the DL and LBs perform better, I cannot help but think that the DB will perform better. I think we are going to see some of Coach Stoops coaching kick in this year. - Experience is a good thing. Go Cats!!

GBB!!!

I see 6 wins and a bowl game. Anything beyond that is a stretch IMO. Mizzou consistently outcoaches us every time. Florida will be more talented than us.....

I'll be happy with 6 wins if we can recruit a top 25 class next season and continue to build the program.

UL and Vandy are must wins for us and we should not lose to those two teams anymore in the future of the Stoops regime. You have to establish dominance over UL and Vandy if you want UK to climb as a program.

It still annoys the heck out of me that we cannot beat an in-state city school like UL on a consistent basis.

2015 SCHEDULE
spacer-000000.gif

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result
spacer.gif

09/05/15 vs. Louisiana-Lafayette
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. TBA
09/12/15 at South Carolina *
media-icon-tv.gif
Columbia, S.C. TBA
09/19/15 vs. Florida *
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. TBA
09/26/15 vs. Missouri *
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. TBA
10/03/15 vs. Eastern Kentucky
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. TBA
10/15/15 vs. Auburn *
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. TBA
10/24/15 at Mississippi State *
media-icon-tv.gif
Starkville, Miss. TBA
10/31/15 vs. Tennessee *
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. TBA
11/07/15 at Georgia *
media-icon-tv.gif
Athens, Ga. TBA
11/14/15 at Vanderbilt *
media-icon-tv.gif
Nashville, Tenn. TBA
11/21/15 vs. Charlotte
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. TBA
11/28/15 vs. Louisville
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. TBA

I think UK will get 3 SEC wins (Missouri, Vandy, UF or UT) and 4 OOC for a total of 7.

At first glance it does appear to be as friendly a schedule as UK has seen in some time. I agree, GA and AU appear to be the only real monsters on the schedule.

However, for the first time in I don't know how long, UK plays 3 SEC games in the first 4 weeks...@SC, then FL and Mizzou at home. While those teams do not project to be monsters, they are teams that have been hard for the Cats to beat (i.e., combined 2-11 over past 5 years or 1-5 Stoops era if you prefer). The Cats must reverse some current history to enjoy the season many expect.

FL was 11-13 over the past 2 years but that was not because of a talent deficit. Now they have a new coach with 3 years experience as a HC. SC was 7-6 last year but if TOBC loses 2 in a row to UK we may witness spontaneous human combustion. Mizzou? I don't know what to think about these guys. But they start of with 3 easy ones and will be riding their league leading 8 win road streak when they come to Lexington.

Right now I'm thinking SC wins in Columbia and FL is still too talented. That would make Mizzou the key to avoiding a 1-3 start (which would likely suck a lot of air out of this year's expectations). Should that happen (1-3 start) the Cats likely split the next 2 (EKU and AU) and would need 4 wins in the last 6 to be bowl eligible. The Cats beat SC last year and were close against FL and Mizzou. IMO, you really cannot overstate the importance of those first 3 SEC games relative to the season overall.

Peace

I agree Erik. This is the first UK team (in my lifetime) that I have felt UK will actually have a shot in every game. Now I certainly don't mean they will win them all. But theres no reason to think UK will not have a winning season. I think 7 is very possible. 6 wins at the least. Even a disastrous season should still net 5 wins.

Tossup - Miss. St., Tennessee, Vanderbilt (much improved) - Win 1 of these 3 at least

UL.Laf.- A UK win, but it could be a lot closer than UK fans want. They have won 9 games a season the last 4 years, granted no signature win but a team that knows how to and expects to win.
Charlotte-UK win in a laugher
EKY- See Charlotte
USC-They are a different team in Columbia and depending on who SOS has targeted during the summer to get this year, its usually UGA but UK has them first. If he once again is aiming at us all summer UK can and will likely come away with a W. But if he targets UK for the summer, expect a well oiled offense to show up and be a long night for some DBs.
Auburn-A talented team who should be improved on defense and a better passing team, likely a L
UGA-Talented OL and RB, once again a question mark at QB, but return 8 starters off a very good offense and defense should be better but replacing 6 starters, but returning 7 who have started at some point in their career. Likely a L
Missouri-I know they lost some good people, but Pinkel has his system rolling and is playing with RS seniors, until they start winning 6-7 games a year I have to go with a L here
Tenn-As much as I hate to say it, UT will be pretty good this fall, they have a dangerous QB, maybe the top WR group in the SEC and signed a very good RB out of JUCO. Defensively they return almost everyone. I think they outman UK and this is a L
Louisville-I expect a droppoff defensively in Grantham's second year, they lost Parker and qb is a question mark. UK has them at home and I think its a W
Vandy-They are a train wreck, UK gets an SEC W
MSST-They lost a ton off last year's team, will have a bunch of 1st year starters, but they won't be 5th year sr like the guys they are replacing, UK has out recruited them and will get a W
UF-A new staff, playing at UK, really tough to know what they are going to have. Tons of talent still there, but will they adapt to the new staff. A game UK can and probably should win, but the mental block from that huge streak is a bigger opponent than UF. I think it ends this year. UK breaks the streak.

Only 3 games I see where UK will be decided underdogs, at least right now, but only 3 games where they will be big favorites too and one is Vandy, I don't see UK being a huge favorite against Lou-Laf. 5 games will be picked pretty close or maybe even tossups, at this time. A couple weeks into the season and all that will sort itself out.

If disaster strikes and everything went against UK it could be 4 wins, but if things go right it could be 8 wins, I figure somewhere in the middle with 6-7 wins, its just tough to pick who those other 2-3 will be at this point.

Time for coach Stoops and the Cats to assume their rightful place in the football hierarchy

I have seen a lot of talk about personnel on D that is gone and returning...but there are multiple factors also that lead me to believe that we will be a much improved D ....YES I KNOW BUD AND Z ARE GONE!!! I see the switch to hybrid 3-4 more often is to free up LB (A BIG UPGRADE - JOSH FORREST WILL BE A BEAST) to make more more plays and will rush the passer more often out of multiple sets to MAKE the QB make plays quicker which assists the DB's more than anything.

With that said - I predict

09/05/15 vs. Louisiana-Lafayette
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. WIN - and this is a pretty good football team we beat!!!
09/12/15 at South Carolina *
media-icon-tv.gif
Columbia, S.C. LOSS- they lost a lot and Spurrier allowed himself to be out-coached in KY last year by BROWN - not this one
09/19/15 vs. Florida *
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. WIN- YES ABOUT DANG TIME!!! - McElwain already talking about cupboard being bare
09/26/15 vs. Missouri *
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. LOSS - This is a team that has a QB who has been there for 33 decades~ A really really good coached Defense too
10/03/15 vs. Eastern Kentucky
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. WIN - and our depth gets multiple reps!!!!
10/15/15 vs. Auburn *
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. LOSS- this is a real good football team (9 -10 win team)
10/24/15 at Mississippi State *
media-icon-tv.gif
Starkville, Miss. WIN- you cannot lose 18 starters and expect to be completely back -
10/31/15 vs. Tennessee *
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. LOSS- geeze they may be really good and i just threw up in my mouth
11/07/15 at Georgia *
media-icon-tv.gif
Athens, Ga. LOSS - too much talent not to be A SEC title contender
11/14/15 at Vanderbilt *
media-icon-tv.gif
Nashville, Tenn. WIN - hopefully not even close - Vandy will try to ugly up every game to keep them close IMHO
11/21/15 vs. Charlotte
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. - WIN BY SLAUGHTER
11/28/15 vs. Louisville
media-icon-tv.gif
Lexington, Ky. WIN - Just the start of the downfall for the program.....that coach has always left and his following coaches spoke of bad recruiting.....so I expect our players to be better than the CLINT HURTT leftovers

So I got us 7 wins - 5 losses

BOWL SEASON WILL BE FUNNER THIS SEASON!

I'm with everyone who says the first 3 SEC games are key to the season, possibly the most important stretch to date in the Stoops era.

So I'm gonna give 2 predictions for the season, one based on showing marked improvement on the oline and dline and one based on average/marginal improvement from those 2 groups.

ULL - WIN
@SC - LOSS Cats keep it close but defense can't stop the gamecocks
UF - WIN Cats come back in the 4th quarter to win a thriller...BBN rushes the field!
Mizzou - WIN Cats come out fast but have to hold on to beat Mizzou
Eastern - WIN Drew Barker shows us why he's the next great QB at Kentucky
Auburn - LOSS - Commonwealth is rocking and the Cats put on a good show but Auburn is just too good
@MSU - WIN - Cats get first big road win of the Stoops era!
UT - WIN - The Cats unveil their black & chrome look and play up to the stylish unis. Break away in the 3rd quarter
@georgia - LOSS Cats lay an egg
@vandy - WIN Rebound big time against Vandy; put up 50 on them.
Charlotte - WIN Barker gets to show off some more of his game.
UL - WIN UL hits us in the mouth in the first half but the young Cats respond with an epic beatdown in the 2nd half to win by 15.

9-3, 5-3

For this type of season to unfold, we'd need to see the entire team really take a step forward together and for our offensive line to play really well and allow our offense to thrive. Defense needs to stop the run, get off the field on 3rd down and get some timely takeaways.

Second scenario is probably more likely. The Cats do show improvement but the defense and OL have moments where they are not playing well at all. I could also see us beating UF and losing the Mizzou game.

ULL - WIN
@SC - LOSS Just gonna be tough to beat SC at their place
UF - LOSS Cats still can't get over the hump
Mizzou - WIN Home game really will help Cats in this one
Eastern - WIN Drew Barker shows us why he's the next great QB at Kentucky
Auburn - LOSS - Commonwealth is rocking and the Cats put on a good show but Auburn is just too good
@MSU - LOSS - Cats barely miss first big road win of the Stoops era
UT - LOSS - The Cats unveil their black & chrome look and play up to the stylish unis. But UT forces overtime and we lose in 2nd OT
@georgia - LOSS Cats lay an egg
@vandy - WIN Rebound big time against Vandy; put up 50 on them.
Charlotte - WIN Barker gets to show off some more of his game.
UL - WIN UL is going down this year!

6-6, 2-6

Either way, I see a bowl game in our future. :raised_hands:

What I like is that KY will get some easier break time this year than last to allow the team to recoup some. The first 4 games will be a tough stretch just because it features 3 SEC teams. KY normally does not play an SEC team the second game of the year. ULL is a tough OOC opponent to start the season with. However, KY then has EKu mixed in which should be an easier game and allow the 2 deep to rest a little if they can blow the game away early. They then have a bye week then th Thur night game which will allow them 2 more days before the next game against MSU. MSU, UT, and UGA will be a tough stretch. Vandy will not be easy either but not the same Vandy as when Franklin was there. They ten have Charlotte who should be a breather game that allows the starters to rest some for the UofL game.

With the increased depth and the way the schedule sets up I think KY will have some more breathing room than they did last year with that brutal 6 game stretch.

6-6 is doable and will keep most folks happy. Rival recruiters will still point at the record but can't trash Stoops for not going to a Bowl Game. 7-5 is attainable. 8-4 is possible and would skyrocket both Stoops and KY's stock in college football. My guess is KY finally gets UF, wins the three easier OOC games, beats Vandy, Missouri, and UofL, and ends up with at least 7 wins.

Tennessee toss up?

We return 18 from a team that destroyed UK. Top 5 recruiting class with 4 5* impact players and a crap load of 4*. Possibly best DE in league in Barnett and top 10 in Maggitt.

Preseason favorite for best QB in East in Dobbs.

This is the 5Dimes Over/Under Win-Loss Total for 2015 for Kentucky and their P5 Opponents for 2015..of the P5 Opponents only Vandy looks like,a Non Bowl Eligible Team in Las Vegas Point Of View...Appears to be a Tough Schedule:

Kentucky: 6 (over -120, under -120)

Auburn: 8.5 (over +100, under -140)
Florida: 7.5 (over -125, under -115)
Georgia: 9 (over -135, under -105)
Mississippi State: 7 (over -110, under -130)
Missouri: 7.5 (over -120, under -120)
South Carolina: 7 (over -120, under -120)
Tennessee: 7.5 (over -140, under +100)
Vanderbilt: 3 (over -135, under -105)
Louisville: 7.5 (over +105, under -145)

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...mes-releases-2015-college-football-win-totals

• Alabama 10.5
  • Arkansas 5.5
  • Auburn 9
  • Florida 7.5
  • Georgia 8.5
  • Kentucky 4
  • LSU 8.5
  • Mississippi State 7
  • Missouri 8.5
  • Ole Miss 7
  • South Carolina 8.5
  • Tennessee 4.5
  • Texas A&M 8.5
  • Vanderbilt 6
Those are last years over/under numbers. Cats exceeded the guess and really should have been 2-3 games over.

GBB!!!

Tennessee toss up?

We return 18 from a team that destroyed UK. Top 5 recruiting class with 4 5* impact players and a crap load of 4*. Possibly best DE in league in Barnett and top 10 in Maggitt.

You don't have to sell me on Tennessee, I know they are gonna be good. However, I'm not on the "Tennessee will win the SEC Championship and make it to the playoffs" boat yet. UT's return to prominence will be 2016/17 in my opinion.

But yah UT dominated UK last season. But there are a few reasons to feel optimistic as a Cat's fan this season.

First the game is in Lexington.

Secondly, the game is in the middle of the season. Playing that late in the season last year caused a depleted tired UK team to walk into the game. Not that it had mattered because UT last season was much better than UK. But it sure made the game uglier than it should have been.

But UK should be vastly improved this season. Not as good as UT no doubt. But not so far behind that UT is gonna walk in and destroy UK last season.

Also, UT will be coming in to Lexington off an emotional game with Bama.

To say UK is gonna win would be foolish. But to say UK doesn't have a chance is also foolish.

Tennessee toss up?

Yeah, I've heard about UT's "return to the glory days." With FOUR rape charges in three separate incidents plus a series of felony burglary arrests it sounds like you're already there. All's missing is a little academic fraud.

• Alabama 10.5
  • Arkansas 5.5
  • Auburn 9
  • Florida 7.5
  • Georgia 8.5
  • Kentucky 4
  • LSU 8.5
  • Mississippi State 7
  • Missouri 8.5
  • Ole Miss 7
  • South Carolina 8.5
  • Tennessee 4.5
  • Texas A&M 8.5
  • Vanderbilt 6
Those are last years over/under numbers. Cats exceeded the guess and really should have been 2-3 games over.

GBB!!!

Looking at Vandy nobody knew how much they would miss the current Penn State coach...Vandy is Vandy again

I like Catdaddys predictions. My guess on the season is a combination of his two scenarios.

ULL - A very solid team comes into Commonwealth. I think it will be close through the first half. But Cats pull away for a comfortable win. (1-0, 0-0)
@USC - This game will be close throughout. But the TOBC will have this game circled all off season. Cats give up a late score to lose a nail biter. (1-1, 0-1)
FL - Cats finally pull through against the gators with no missed delay of game call. TD late puts the game away. (2-1, 1-1)
Mizzou - Cats strike early to take a 3 TD lead early. Then hold off a late charge to win. (3-1, 2-1)
Eastern - No contest. Lots of reserves get lots of valuable playing time. (4-1, 2-1)
AU - Commonwealth is rocking. Cats ride the amped crowd to an early lead. They keep it close throughout but lose in the 4th quarter. (4-2, 2-2)
@Miss St. - I really want to make this a Cats win for their first big conference road win under Stoops. But Dak and co. are too much. Cats offense puts up points. But not enough. MSU in a close shootout. (4-3, 2-3)
UT - Cats make it a lot closer than last year. But not close enough. (4-4, 2-4)
@UGA - The only game where we look completely out classed. The RBs and OL of UGA impose their will from the start and dominate the game. (4-5, 2-5)
@Vandy - Cats bounce back from a tough 3 game losing streak and lay the wood to Vandy. As much as Vandy tries to ugly up the game, they can't keep up with the Cats. ( 5-5, 3-5)
Charlotte - Cats secure a bowl birth early in this one. Starters rest the entire second half to be more fresh for the UL game and the backups get more playing time. (6-5, 3-5)
UL - Riding the high off of becoming bowl eligible, the Cats steam roll a floundering UL team. (7-5, 3-5)

I see a 7-5 season and a trip to Nashville for the Music City Bowl.

Home games will be irrelevant against the typical powers. This schedule has 5 wins on it, and a possible 6th with an upset. Won't be a surprise to see only 4 wins. 7 or more and this will be a huge gift. #reality

Louisiana-Lafayette W
@ South Carolina L
Florida W
Missouri L
Eastern Kentucky W
Auburn L
@ Miss. State L
Tennessee L
@ Georgia L
@ Vanderbilt W
Charlotte W
Louisville W

I'll go 6-6 as of now and say that we will finally beat Florida and we'll become bowl eligible with a win over the dirty birds to close out the season. South Carolina, Missouri, and Mississippi State games seem like they could go either way but at this point I'm not going to be overly optimistic about winning any of those 3

Last edited:
You don't have to sell me on Tennessee, I know they are gonna be good. However, I'm not on the "Tennessee will win the SEC Championship and make it to the playoffs" boat yet. UT's return to prominence will be 2016/17 in my opinion.

But yah UT dominated UK last season. But there are a few reasons to feel optimistic as a Cat's fan this season.

First the game is in Lexington.

Secondly, the game is in the middle of the season. Playing that late in the season last year caused a depleted tired UK team to walk into the game. Not that it had mattered because UT last season was much better than UK. But it sure made the game uglier than it should have been.

But UK should be vastly improved this season. Not as good as UT no doubt. But not so far behind that UT is gonna walk in and destroy UK last season.

Also, UT will be coming in to Lexington off an emotional game with Bama.

To say UK is gonna win would be foolish. But to say UK doesn't have a chance is also foolish.

Seriously, fans like yourself are so out of touch with reality. Can you take your blue glasses off for a second?

How can you possibly say the UT game will be a tossup? What a total joke. UT is more talented than UK at EVERY SINGLE POSITION ON THE FIELD.

Why can't some UK fans just face reality and stop making fools of themselves.

UK has no chance to beat UT until UK's recruiting vastly improves.

Your post is embarrassing.

Yeah, I've heard about UT's "return to the glory days." With FOUR rape charges in three separate incidents plus a series of felony burglary arrests it sounds like you're already there. All's missing is a little academic fraud.
Only 2 players have been charged with rap but not yet convicted and the guy that was arrested for stealing was not on the team when he got caught.

I am thinking 6-6. It would be nice to make a bowl game and have a big non basketball game in December to look forward to. It sucks watching other fan bases enjoy a bowl game while we don't have one.
Beating the three mid majors is highly likely and will happen. Winning one of the first three SEC games is critical. I don't want to get off to a 1-3 (0-3) start.
All in all the season is still ninety something days away unfortunately. A lot of people enjoy summer but every year I just want to get it over with so college football and basketball can return.

if lewis is our only draft pick on d then we just win 6. if cj and either flannigan or forrest are drafted then we are in that 7 or 8 win territory. agree that we have to stop the run and those are the 4 guys that are gonna be paramount in that endeavor.

I agree. they have 8 games at home this year they have to keep there eyes focus on the game and nothing else

thenug-j1pw6Oj2Yr.gif

5-7 maybe 6-6 we we can steal a win. I sorta feel like we may beat Florida but then we will lose to someone we shouldn't. Plus we have a first year offensive coordinator will probably blow a game with bad play calls somewhere. Until UK proves it can beat some SEC teams we are stuck in neutral.

Hard to focus, but I will try. Very good write up by UKErik. What's with the 3 am post, though? UK should be getting much better, and the schedule is favorable, so a 6-7 win year is possible. Florida, SC and Vandy all took a big fall last year, so unless they turn it around, all three are beatable. ULL is not a cupcake, at all, but an improving UK at home should win. Louisville should be pretty good, but with a suspect o line, rivalry game, at CWS, hard to predict. That game is hard to predict every year. It would be fun if both teams were better than expected and got to that last game with some national attention.

Reactions: Mayoman
if lewis is our only draft pick on d then we just win 6. if cj and either flannigan or forrest are drafted then we are in that 7 or 8 win territory. agree that we have to stop the run and those are the 4 guys that are gonna be paramount in that endeavor.

I think it likely that we see Lewis, CJ, Forrest, Flannigan, and Stamps drafted next year. I am confident three of those will be drafted, in the very least, and all five will be in someone's camp. CJ and Flannigan demonstrated flashes last year as Juco first year players. Both needed time to get the defense down. Flannigan has demonstrated he is about there. CJ has the physical gifts. He just needs to improve on technique and his role, and not just rely upon athleticism.

Wow, ONLY 2 off-season raps. Something UT fans can be proud of.
Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. Not one player has been convicted of rape at Tennessee. 3 has been accused but not one has been convicted.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT