ADVERTISEMENT

Casting From Iphone

The chromecast app is in the app store. Just search for it from your phone. However, if you don't own a cromecast you are probably better off spending the extra money and getting an Apple TV. Apple always works better with their own devices since they are a relatively closed ecosystem. Airplay will give you better results than chromecast.

The chromecast app is in the app store. Just search for it from your phone. However, if you don't own a cromecast you are probably better off spending the extra money and getting an Apple TV. Apple always works better with their own devices since they are a relatively closed ecosystem. Airplay will give you better results than chromecast.

I have a chromecast and the Chromecast app. What I am asking is can I cast my real time screen and not just from Nextflix or WatchESPN? I believe android offers this but not sure about Iphone

Ive looked around, as I use my iphone as a remote for chromecast. I have nt seen anything either on mirroring.

My guess is that you probably have to jailbreak the phone and use a non-apple app.

Unfortunately because the Apple system is locked down Chromecast is always going to have limited support. Apple wants you to use Airplay. There are some things you can do to increase functionality. Another app to try is Allcast. It will let you do some additional things like stream pictures, music and some of you itunes content. If you have a plex server at home you can use the Plex app as well. But otherwise you are going to be limited on what you can do with a Chromecast.

Unfortunately because the Apple system is locked down Chromecast is always going to have limited support. Apple wants you to use Airplay. There are some things you can do to increase functionality. Another app to try is Allcast. It will let you do some additional things like stream pictures, music and some of you itunes content. If you have a plex server at home you can use the Plex app as well. But otherwise you are going to be limited on what you can do with a Chromecast.

Thanks for the info. Mainly needing to be able to cast the TWC app somehow since TWC doesnt offer the SEC network on the WATCH ESPN APP :chairshot:

Thanks for the info. Mainly needing to be able to cast the TWC app somehow since TWC doesnt offer the SEC network on the WATCH ESPN APP :chairshot:

And that's why the chromecast sucks. For like $10 more you could have the roku or Amazon stick which both have the TWC app.

Since you have an iPhone, you'd be better off getting an Apple TV. If that's what you want, I'd hold off until the new ones come out, which is allegedly going to be September,

ADVERTISEMENT