ADVERTISEMENT

Cash at home

Visited both F&N and The Oasis many times over the years. But I still find it interesting that one of the greatest and oldest creations in human history is still relatively unknown or underappreciated in 2023. Compounding.
You stumped me, what are you referring to?

Why did they shut down the accounts? Were they able to reinstate them? That sounds weird.

Like someone said above, until they start losing some real deposits, they will never change,.
They never gave a satisfactory (or consistent) answer on why they shut down her accounts. After she spent a day and a half on the phone and at the local branch, they were eventually able to re-open the accounts but it will take until next week (FINGERS CROSSED!) before the largest check of my life clears.

We will be members of the local credit union by the end of next week.

Good question. I will probably invest a good portion of it. I am conservative with cash, so I am happy with the returns at the moment. I like more cash on hand than most so will probably stay with more cash in the bank,. The stock market has been so weird for the past few years. I have a good size 401K that I manage myself. TD Ameritrade just sold a lot of accounts to Charles Schwab so would open a brokerage account there to have it all in one spot on the investment side,

Leasing a car is miserable now. Pay cash on a used car but you can still find low rates on a new car. Just hate paying top dollar on a used car in this market.

I think I'm similar. I like having the cash on hand and dont mind losing a little of the upside. At 36 years old, with 15 years in the market, I've seen just too many shaky things with the market, going through 3 pretty big economic disasters in a pretty short time. I just don't have a lot of confidence that we're gonna go on these economic runs like we did in the 50s 60s, 90s etc. I sometimes wonder if my generation is going to look at their retirement accounts come retirement and think "wait a second, I was told this was going to get me $1mil.. what happened?!"

Agree on the cars too. Lease is almost same as new and it's just not worth it. I think leases works when you want to rotate cars and save maybe 20-30% on the monthly payment. But not now.

It's probably just save and stock pile money until something gets better. I'm not even interested in another rental property with these prices and rates. The numbers don't work out.

***Free Money***
I bought alot of Republic Bank stock during Covid. If it gets back under $30-35, I will buy more. There is no family in line to take over the bank and they hired the current CEO from Regions a few years ago that all he did there was acquisitions. Regions is a perfect fit to be in Louisville and I dont see Tragers working for the rest of their lives. They have started to sell off some of their large branches that house other business in them. They ALWAYS pay a dividend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT