ADVERTISEMENT

Can we retire

That's gonna be here for a while.
I've always liked lining up the 3's all in a row for how many we hit.

Never liked it. Almost as bad as the "L" that Louisville fans make with their hands. Just dumb.

511a45fedabe8ffa988f23fc19b652a21ff88ef8872f31a3a507361a98cf80f9.jpg

Never liked it. Almost as bad as the "L" that Louisville fans make with their hands. Just dumb.
I thought they were making finger pistols, like thugging it up? I learn something new everyday.

3 goggles should be retired and no UK did not start the 3 goggles. I am calling all UK fans to step it up in the cheers, chants, signs, etc. You can do better.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
I think the threeloading looks pretty stupid, but whatever, means a Cat hit a three.

I agree that it is one the dumbest things I've seen and I usually like stuff like that. Ur spending more time trying to reload than getting back on D. Just too much crap going on, it wouldn't surprise me any if the NCAA cracked down on that. They cracked down on end zone celebrations in football and that is a form of a celebration and we know the NCAA is against celebrating.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
I agree that it is one the dumbest things I've seen and I usually like stuff like that. Ur spending more time trying to reload than getting back on D. Just too much crap going on, it wouldn't surprise me any if the NCAA cracked down on that. They cracked down on end zone celebrations in football and that is a form of a celebration and we know the NCAA is against celebrating.

Lord help some kids having fun in a college game.. We don't want that do we..

Lord help some kids having fun in a college game.. We don't want that do we..
NCAA sure doesn't. That's why they took out end zone celebrations and when u dunk on somebody you can't say anything because they say it's taunting the opponent making em feel bad.

Personally I could care less what they do. Ya I think it's pretty stupid but kids do dumb stuff all the time. Floor slapping is pretty stupid as well but at least those guys are already back on D and slapping the floors. Maybe a couple of em will slap it too hard and hurt their pinky finger? Lol
But ya if ur busy trying to load reload cock it and lock it and look cute while doing it all the while ur opponent just went down court and scored on u because you were busy loading reloading cocking and locking and acting a fool well I guess it's up to them to do that. Lol
Maybe next year a player can do a double barreled gun and stand still and start make believe shooting into the crowd and then blow cool his 2 guns off. Ya that would be cool and take at least 15 seconds to do hey as long as ur having fun who cares if they score cause it's 5 on 4?? Ur busy blasting dem guns off! Hahaha
Reminds me of guys who spike the football before they are even in the endzone. That is hilarious but they are having fun so who cares if they didn't score a TD like they thought they did.

Booker got caught doing his dumb reload and was burnt not getting back a couple of times last year.

I used to like that sort of stuff but now I just want to win the damn game and forget the extra crap.

I tend to agree unless of course Briscoe drains one to win it all and then I could see it....

I didn't see any of the players doing it during the season... nor last season. Or even really the season before that.
I don't remember it being as pronounced, and sitting here today I can't point to a specific play or game where I can say it happened, but I seem to remember a few players on the bench doing a 3-goggle type salute this year and last.

At any rate, I don't care what people do to celebrate a made 3. Unless it is objectively offensive I say people should celebrate however they want.

No. We cant retire any kind of showboating gesture to celebrate a made basket. Its just too awesome. I loved Bookers reload thing. I got all jacked up every time he did it on the road because I knew how bad it pissed off opposing fans. Swag is awesome, and so is showing off. Hey, at least I'm honest right?

Speaking of taunting and that kind of thing. Remember how Cousins acted when we played Vandy at Vandy? LMAO. Epic. Even Cal got a little pissed at him for waving his hands up at the crowed as in to say "get up, and cheer" Remember how he got to Ogleve or however you spell that. Yeah it was awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT