ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari Offers Nations Top Freshman

Was #8 on Scouts Ultimate top 100 last summer (top players in high school). Really high praise for a freshman.

Wow. Normally not a greatly impressed by a dunk heavy highlight film but that's one of the most springy kids I've ever seen. Gets up with ease in traffic and has a quick secondary jump. That's superior athleticism even amongst the elites.

Id take him at the 3 this year and think he'd be able to compete. Good handle for his size. Nice range and form on his jumper. Even at 6'10 I think he could play the 3 if he could defend it. He'd be a scary 4 though. He may still grow a few inches as well and be a true 5 man at 7+ ft with that skill set. Crazy to think.

Maybe Cal can get him to reclassify to next year. :p

In all seriousness, I don't know that I've ever watched a freshman mix tape--but that was very impressive.

Don't be surprised if he does end up at UK. He plays AAU for the We All Can Go All Stars out of Nashville, TN and two of his AAU coaches are high school coaches in the Bowling Green area.

Here is a mixtape ran across that has zero dunks from his freshman season

And here is one with dunks which is far more entertaining.

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
He looks like he could play college right now

He looks like he could play college right now

Because he could lol. Not legally, (Unless he was a genius too I guess?) but he could outplay a lot of college players.
There are at least 45 other states that I would want this kid to grow up in though.

Reactions: Nubb16
I literally kept saying "holy $hit" every few seconds. That kid has insane physical control at such a young age and such a tall and long body. His athleticism is head and shoulders above even elite competition at his age. He's only going to run faster and jump higher the more his body matures which is scary to think of a WCS level in height and athleticism type of player with THOSE moves (not including the moves he learns in the next 3 years). As Jason said that kid is a LeBron, Davis, Carmelo level phenom if he doesn't let it go to his head.

He's got a fiery passion that's palpable in the videos. His game reminds me of a really rich man's Terrance Jones. Super ferocious long and athletic 6'10 lefty who tries to dunk everything who possess ball handling and shooting touch. If Cal can real him in I'd be Anthony Davis level excited.

Wow!...it is going to be scary to see him in 3 more years. That kid could already dominate and he has 3 more years of development ahead of him.

Because he could lol. Not legally, (Unless he was a genius too I guess?) but he could outplay a lot of college players.
There are at least 45 other states that I would want this kid to grow up in though.
Man when I saw Arizona my heart dropped but aau team in Tennessee can be a good sign

If he accelerates his learning, he can graduate this year as a Freshman and be into UK by summer of 2016.

ADVERTISEMENT