ADVERTISEMENT

Cal says '16 class could be best ever

I would take Fox's commitment right now and run..Get Alkins and Monk or Monk and Fultz and you have some true scorers. This is a hell of a class.. Would like to get Azubuike as we could use some beef under the basket. He is a player too.

Sign me up for this.

He's not leaning towards NC State, he's going to NC State. Sometimes it's about stuff other than basketball, this is one of those times.

I got ya. I see you know what your talking about with the NC guys man. I didn't mean any disrespect in that other thread.

Reactions: ukrjr1
No lol, but I cant understand why he'd want to go there. I just keep thinking he'll change his mind eventually if he is in fact leaning toward NC State. But I was was wrong about Newman. I couldn't believe he went to Mississippi St. even when it came out that he was in the days leading up to the announcement.

I think the $1000 has already changed hands. Certainly the scuttlebutt here in nc is that Adidas has lots of green invested in bam and dsj. State it will be.

Dadgumit! Cal. Now you've gone and done it. Cut is going be sooo pissed off if you don't win it all in 2017.., his whole body may turn inside out.

My way to early 16 class as of now. Fultz, alkins, bridges, skj, ayton. Add that with for sure wynard, Mathews, mulder, Willis and Hawkins. Maybes ulis, briscoe and lee.

Unless Cal is just putting out swag for swag's sake here (which is possible), I take this to mean that he's more confident about landing an elite big guy than the general public might know. Could be Giles, could be Maker, could be Ayton reclassifying. Without one of those three, this class just won't be comparable to Cal's best.

The guards and wings should take care of themselves, because there are so many good ones available that missing on the top ones still leaves great options. With the big guys, it's a limited supply, with only a few elites.

People claim to know UK's recruiting plans, but that's rarely the case. At this time last year, everyone assumed Skal Labissiere was a lock for Memphis, and that UK was focusing on other targets. And Isaiah Briscoe had just popped on the radar, seemingly as a back-up plan to Newman. Right now, it seems like Dennis Smith and Bam Adebayo are locks for NC St, that Giles is going to Duke, and that UK is not putting much effort into Josh Jackson and Thon Maker. Some of that, maybe even all of it, might be the end of the story, but it might not be, and any change in those statuses could shift UK's perceived priorities.

Reactions: brianpoe
Let's pull in the reigns. What if Brad decides to declare for the draft after his freshman year?
I mean, with the highlights below, it looks like he is a lock for first round. Brad "Deadeye" Calipari.

He also said Poy will be playing the FOUR!

And he said he might play 3 guards sometimes.. definitely has other ideas than many of us here.. as to lineups. Briscoe sits?

Its what I've thought will happen for a while now. Even more so after his comments the other day about getting the ball in Murrays hands. Seems like he wants Murray in that combo guard spot ala Bledsoe. I do think Briscoe will come off the bench. Not sure its what I would do but seems like that's what he is thinking. I guess Mulder must be doing really well. Will be interesting to see how Briscoe handles that role if it happens considering what we have heard about his personality as an alpha. Not to say he will be destructive, just that he is known for having that alpha type personality on the court. Also, Cal may go with the 3 guard lineup when they all get on campus and he gets to work with them. The season is still a long ways away yet, things could go a million different ways from now until then.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT