ADVERTISEMENT

Cal delivers bad news to haters..."Could be crazy again..."

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
Rolled out this opening statement at the SEC conference today.

"Well, I'm excited about our team. I think our backcourt should be one of the stronger backcourts in the country, even though we will be very young, and our frontcourt, athletic and long -- 7-foot, 6-10, 6-8, 6-9. I mean, our wing play with Charles (Matthews) and Mychal (Mulder), Alex (Poythress) getting back healthy, Marcus Lee getting his opportunity, I hate to say it but it could be crazy again."

Swaggy Cal. I love it.

CAL told the truth except one line....there is no way in hell he "Hates to say it"....i would say revels in it
I would say he's having fun with a job that could crush anyone who didn't have the personality to rock and roll with it.

I prefer his approach to the traditional grim lowering of expectations or the 'aw shucks' school of false modesty in which you pretend that putting a team on the court at all would be a major accomplishment.

Posted by Ben Roberts at 11:39 AM on June 29, 2015 Add comments

Jamal Murray

Jamal Murray

During the Southeastern Conference summer teleconference Monday morning, UK Coach John Calipari was asked about the late signing of five-star guard Jamal Murray and the versatility he will bring to Lexington next season.

In his response, Calipari mentioned the possibility of a three-guard lineup but said it might be tough to keep others off the court.

“I’ve played all kind of different teams, whether it’s smaller teams, bigger teams, longer teams,” he said. “(Murray) is a playmaking guard who can play 1 or 2 and can really score the ball. Great in pick and rolls. Can play with Tyler (Ulis) or you could play three guards at times if you chose to do that.

“But it’s hard to say you’re gonna do that when you have the bigs that we have in Skal (Labissiere), Marcus (Lee) and Alex (Poythress), if he’s healthy. … We have a good team. I mean, we’re like, ‘Let’s start playing. Let’s throw it up.'”

Murray is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 10 overall prospect in the class of 2015. He chose the Wildcats over Oregon last week.

We have a SR, 4 JRs, and a SO to go along with 4 stud freshman. We have FF experience and another projected number 1 draft pick. We have 3 of the top 10 point guards in the nation, if not top 5. If this team stays healthy they are built for a deep tournament run and a chance to see it through to the end.

We have a SR, 4 JRs, and a SO to go along with 4 stud freshman. We have FF experience and another projected number 1 draft pick. We have 3 of the top 10 point guards in the nation, if not top 5. If this team stays healthy they are built for a deep tournament run and a chance to see it through to the end.

I'm too old to wish for time to pass so quickly, but reading these responses... Man, am I looking forward to my favorite season* of the year!

(*Hint: It usually goes from mid-October to the first week of April. :))

Reactions: ORCAT

If Poy is the Sr, who is the 4th Jr. after Willis, Lee, and Hawkins? Floreal?

dawgoneit...why can't he just keep his mouth shut?
Raising our expectations again.
Hell, its not like that ask questions at this things...he just runs his mouth; to hear himself.
Why can't he learn to say no comment? Damn!

Hell, its not like that ask questions at this things...he just runs his mouth; to hear himself.

Not sure if serious.

QUOTE="GonzoCat90, post: 1869120, member: 8530"]Not sure if serious.[/QUOTE]
53912992.jpg

jk[laughing][laughing]

Last edited:
I liked this team before Murray came in.

Skal, Poythress, and Lee is one physically athletic interior in a LONG time. They might not have the size of other team, but Poythress/Lee is so athletically gifted.

Combine that with three point shooting that opens them up.

I feel like we could have better version of ND team from last year.

You're really admitting that you're serious about this type of post? Wow you sound like a real fun guy!!! Would you rather he had zero personality and talked down his team or just said nothing at all? I kind of like his enthusiasm and admit that I'm pumped for the upcoming season after the Murray commitment and hearing how excited Cal is about the team. Nothing wrong with positive stuff like this in my book and it helps take the sting off of the Wisconsin game for me. You don't see any of that?

You're really admitting that you're serious about this type of post? Wow you sound like a real fun guy!!! Would you rather he had zero personality and talked down his team or just said nothing at all? I kind of like his enthusiasm and admit that I'm pumped for the upcoming season after the Murray commitment and hearing how excited Cal is about the team. Nothing wrong with positive stuff like this in my book and it helps take the sting off of the Wisconsin game for me. You don't see any of that?
I thought jk, meant just kidding. I will add smiley face

Sorry, but with that huge pic and the other quotes I never saw the little tiny "jk" below the pic. Really wasn't looking there to see it either.
ugh...I was trying to make fun of the posters who complain that Cal. talks too much...my bad

ADVERTISEMENT