ADVERTISEMENT

Buh. Our man in New Jersey

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Andy Buh þ@UKCoachBuh 11m11 minutes ago

Getting of a flight to New Jersey! Can't wait to meet the coaches and evaluate the rich talent in that state! #BBN #123

it's an area that really doesnt get recruited hard but produces several high d1 kids.

For decades Penn St pretty much got who they wanted from NJ. Maybe UK can steal a few from there now.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings finding another Art Still and Mike Fanuzzi up there.

Originally posted by Smashcat:
Wouldn't hurt my feelings finding another Art Still and Mike Fanuzzi up there.
Or Derrick Ramsey or Tuff Skin Stephens.

It would be great for the program if our average class looked like this:

Ohio - 10
New Jersey - 2
Kentucky - 3
Florida - 4
Georgia - 3
Other - 3

If we get the level of guys we are getting now, from these areas, we will have a great roster

Top 10 NFL producing states/number of active players:

1. California 225

2. Florida 186

3. Texas 184

4. Georgia 95

5. Ohio 74

6. New Jersey 63

7. Louisiana 62

8. Pennsylvania 58

9. South Carolina 54

10. Virginia 50

Source - Sporting News

This post was edited on 4/19 4:31 PM by Deeeefense

Reactions: THE_OAK and CB3UK
Just like Ohio, we can tell recruits & their folks it is only a short drive south to Lexington. And they can compete in the top football conference in the universe.

Ohio - 10
New Jersey - 2
Kentucky - 3
Florida - 4
Georgia - 3
Other - 3

If we get the level of guys we are getting now, from these areas, we will have a great roster

Totally agree with this

Never would have guessed Jersey was that high on the talent production list. Get those Yankees down here.

Unsurprisingly, James Franklin has been killing it in New Jersey. And he hasn't been shy about it.

"I consider this in-state. I consider New Jersey in-state," Franklin said, according to The Baltimore Sun. Of the schools in those areas, he said, "might as well shut them down because they don't have a chance."
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...anklin_says_rutgers_doesnt_have_a_chance.html
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...anklin_says_rutgers_doesnt_have_a_chance.html
What a cocky SOB...but gotta love the mentality.

There is a lot of top shelf talent in NJ, I'm glad to see we are going to try and get a foothold in that state again.

Ohio - 10
New Jersey - 2
Kentucky - 3
Florida - 4
Georgia - 3
Other - 3

This sounds about right, especially considering the following post from yours with NFL by state

Never would have guessed Jersey was that high on the talent production list. Get those Yankees down here.
Spent the past 20 years living in central Jersey. Jersey is ranked 11th in population in the US. And they take high school football very seriously there. Every year talented kids were getting scholarships all across the country. Kids up there don't have any hesitation to look out of state for the best opportunities. In fact, it is basically expected they will leave the state. Coach Buh has the reputation of being a good recruiter and I hope he is able to get us at least a couple of solid prospects out of there every year.

what about the dmv? some of you guys are forgetting that mainord is doing work there too. 2 out of nj, 2 out of dmv, and then ohio, flor, geo, bama, and the 2 to 5 kentucky kids/year will fill up a class quick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT