ADVERTISEMENT

Bud's a Steeler

Not a Steeler fan but it's a great organization that knows how to win. Congrats Bud.

Awesome news. Welcome to the best organization in football Bud Dupree. Best wishes for a long and successful career.

And then ESPN shows a Steelers fan waving a "terrible towel" around right after Bud gets picked. Smh

They've had a big turnover of defensive players and will be rebuilding the defense. Probably a good situation for Bud to come into with opportunities for early PT.

Good luck Bud:cool:

Reactions: Steelers2012
Congrats to Bud. Sucks that he dropped so far but at least he's being picked by a decent organization. That's similar to what happened with Cobb being picked by the Packers. The last think I wanted for Bud was another situation like Tim Couch got dropped into.

I know many wanted him to go to Atlanta because it was the #8 pick but he want to a much better organization.

Very happy for Bud, he has worked hard and his reward was hearing his name called in the first round. I am a Bengals fan, however I wish him well as a Steeler. Cincy had a chance to take him but passed, hope that does not come back to bite them in the games they play down the road.

Very happy for Bud, he fell down the list a little, but he landed with a great team. Was worried for a minute he might actually wind up in Cleveland......whew !

Very happy for Bud, he has worked hard and his reward was hearing his name called in the first round. I am a Bengals fan, however I wish him well as a Steeler. Cincy had a chance to take him but passed, hope that does not come back to bite them in the games they play down the road.

You know it will. Probably have a similar "South Carolina" play to beat them.

th

I'm not a Steelers fan, but I am excited for Bud. The Steelers are a great organization with a history of developing their players, especially on the defense side of the ball. It will be interesting to see how much he develops under them. I think he went to one of the three teams that he can really thrive at, the other two being the Jets and the Ravens. He is the perfect fit for those three systems and I believe he got picked up by the perfect fit for him. Here's wishing him many healthy seasons in the NFL and hopefully a Pro Bowl career.

I did a happy dance. 2 favorite teams--Steelers and Packers. Both now with former UK players.

Being a Bengals fan I'm still depressed we didn't take him. But hey what do I expect it's the Bengals.

Reactions: swflakat
Ole Bud couldn't get that cap on and I also, believe he thought he was going to the Falcons based on his wardrobe.

ADVERTISEMENT