ADVERTISEMENT

Bud Dupree To Make Announcement?

...and there it is...just got a call from Bud Dupree. He was kinda rude because I was trying to interrupt him and he just kept talking and then hung up on me. [laughing]

Well that was.....blah

Nothing over the top for sure but I like it. For years, the school all but ignored football. This silly little phone call to ticket holders is not much but it is symbolic. Stoops and company seem to be doing everything possible to keep us "All In". I have seen some of the things they do in recruiting and they are along the same lines. I remember a recruit saying he opened his mailbox one day and it was stuffed full of postcards and letters from our coaches. These small gestures by themselves aren't likely to make the difference as to which school a recruits chooses but this staff being over the top on a consistent basis could make a huge difference. I just really like their approach.

Reactions: jimmy cowboy
I should have phrased that better Phantom. I think it's cool as well. Shouldnt have minimized it...my bad. Was just hoping for some "grand" announcement.

Noticed the other day Bud still has a UK background on hid Twitter profile and in his description mentions being a former Kentucky Wildcat before being a Steeler. I'm sure that will change with time...but awesome to see.

Wtf??????? I've been a season ticket holder for years and didn't get a call. I guess just like the seating reassignment I don't donate enough money to get the perks, in return I like my seats and don't get a call lmao. Shove it in deeper UK athletics

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT