ADVERTISEMENT

Brown cuts UCLA

Damn dude, you are getting pretty pessimistic aren't you? I thought Ulis made quite a few big plays for us this year. Jones hit some 3s, but I don't remember Plumlee or Jefferson making any "big plays". And Allen didn't light it up as much as some seem to think. He had a handful of double digit games, and most of them were against scrub teams. He had two pretty good games in the FF, but let's not make him out to be the next Redick or anything.

Not at all, just saying those four kids were in the game during big moments. Tyler and Alex have been as well, but 4 > 2. I think they have more returners to be trusted to make a basket or make a play than our returners. Cal doesn't trust Lee, Hawkins or Willis. K has proven he trusts these guys as they have all played during crucial times, that is good experience over mop up time and early/middle of the game. That leaves us with only two.

I like our team, it is what is and I hope we do well but I'm not blind to other schools that will be good like some on here who think everybody sucks and we are the greatest every season.

I understand that your statement depicts the common buzz, but I'm still looking for the logical reason to pick Michigan outside of the Adidas connection.

Any takers on explaining this one?
A top school in athletics overall with a huge budget. Runner up a couple of years ago, and elite 8 last year. Pretty good coach.

A top school in athletics overall with a huge budget. Runner up a couple of years ago, and elite 8 last year. Pretty good coach.

What the hell does budget have to do with anything? I'm confused. I guess all the other stuff you posted is.. uh.. nice and all, but compare it to Kentucky. There is no other reason on this planet to choose Michigan over Kentucky other than a.) staying close to home b.) playing time or c.) shoe affiliation. Last time I checked, Kentucky is a hell of a lot closer to home than Michigan, and we are wide open at the 3 spot. So if you want to continue just coming up with random idea's as to why Jaylen Brown will choose Michigan over Kentucky, go for it. It's not like he never said UK had the best program or anything.

Reactions: ukfan041
Obviously you've never seen him play.

My thoughts exactly!! Obviously the guy has never seen him play if he makes that comment. Some of the people of this site never cease to amaze me in their idiotic comments. The guy is a baller!! There is a reason is is rated as the best SF in the class and its more than just his dunking, I can guarantee that.

Forget about Brown....he's going to Michigan. Ignore everythibg else...he's a wolverine

Is this an opinion or something you are hearing from somewhere? Seems like his recruitment has been really hush hush and I'm digging to any tidbit but haven't had any luck. Is this the word going around on some other sites? Or just your gut feeling on the matter?

What the hell does budget have to do with anything? I'm confused. I guess all the other stuff you posted is.. uh.. nice and all, but compare it to Kentucky. There is no other reason on this planet to choose Michigan over Kentucky other than a.) staying close to home b.) playing time or c.) shoe affiliation. Last time I checked, Kentucky is a hell of a lot closer to home than Michigan, and we are wide open at the 3 spot. So if you want to continue just coming up with random idea's as to why Jaylen Brown will choose Michigan over Kentucky, go for it. It's not like he never said UK had the best program or anything.
No recruit should ever not choose UK. All logic dictates they must come here and all reasons not to are pedantic.

Spot on! With Lavert coming back, he will be fighting for minutes ( that doesn't mean he won't go there), where at UK, he's getting 30+ minutes a game! No one knows for sure where he will end up, but UK is as likely a destination as any!

No recruit should ever not choose UK. All logic dictates they must come here and all reasons not to are pedantic.

No, you're right. If said recruit doesn't choose a program for playing time, doesn't choose a program close to family, and doesn't choose a program for shoe affiliation (future money contract), they should always pick Michigan over Kentucky. It's all about logic.

Huge budget usually means better facilities genius. UM will never be better than UK at basketball but Saul just asked for a few reasons why a recruit might choose UM.

No, you're right. If said recruit doesn't choose a program for playing time, doesn't choose a program close to family, and doesn't choose a program for shoe affiliation (future money contract), they should always pick Michigan over Kentucky. It's all about logic.
I don't think you understand logic very well. You seem very slow, so I'll spell it out. Kids can have 100 of reasons to pick a school. Just because you think UK is always the most logical choice, indicated by your inference in previous post, doesn't mean it is.

anyone that says the have any info on Brown is straight lying . Now you can predict one way or another and that is fine . hell about 6 weeks ago i predicted we get him , newman and Zimmerman and boy was i wrong but with Brown there is literally no choice that can honestly surprise anyone . But gotta believe in my heart it is Cal , UK and Michigan in some order . Who knows which ? No one except the Brown's.

I don't think you understand logic very well. You seem very slow, so I'll spell it out. Kids can have 100 of reasons to pick a school. Just because you think UK is always the most logical choice, indicated by your inference in previous post, doesn't mean it is.

No, I think my logic seems pretty standard. I seem very slow? Oh, so I'm slow because I don't agree with you? That's hilarious.

When did I say UK was always the most logical choice, anyway? You don't have to put words in my mouth to prove your point. I mean, after-all, I'm already slow, and you shouldn't take advantage of me.

If you're a 5 star athlete, and your goal is to be an NBA player, why would you ever choose to play at Michigan over Kentucky other than the reasons I have already stated? If you wanted to bring something to the damn table, then go for it. Bring your 100 other reasons. For every stupid response you can come up with, I'll name an NBA player under Calipari during his tenure here. And it's not even just Kentucky. Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, UNC. If you want to go to the league, you come to one of these schools. Can you go to another school and go to the league? Of course. But the proof is in the pudding. Devin Booker is about to be a lottery pick. I think he was around 40-50 ranked coming out of high-school. I'm sure he'd be a lottery pick coming from Michigan this past season. Because you know, I'm slow, you're the best, and you're just the shit, man. Baddest MOFO on the internet TO DATE!

Forget about Brown....he's going to Michigan. Ignore everythibg else...he's a wolverine

This same exact thing was said about UCLA. Literally, everybody with your attitude said "Forget about Brown....he's going to UCLA. Ignore everythibg else...he's a bruin."

We're done here, as I am not sure you are keeping up. Every post you claim a player would be stupid not to pick UK. You claim this as fact. It's homerism. Plus the library is probably closing soon, and they will be kicking you out.

You're right. We are done. Still waiting for your 100 other reasons response factoid. I'm sure you're still working on it.. But we're all tired of waiting for another incoherent response.

I understand that your statement depicts the common buzz, but I'm still looking for the logical reason to pick Michigan outside of the Adidas connection.

Any takers on explaining this one?
Michigan has a Great Academic school . Mom is from there most of his family is still there cousin goes there and is a season bball ticket holder. Michigan outside of your Traditional Blue bloods has had a a pretty decent bball history. They Have been to the National title game in 2013 ,Elite 8 2014 last year and lost to runner up UK, Produces NBA Lottery picks out of Stauskas and Burke who were not highly rated out high school. Additional 1st round picks under Beilien . Levert was Injured the majority of the year who was there best player along with there staring PG who was injured they both return next season they will be strong next year.

Last edited:
racewalking-o.gif

^^Forget Jaylen Brown.. This guy is one hell of a walker... Lets offer him.

racewalking-o.gif

^^Forget Jaylen Brown.. This guy is one hell of a walker... Lets offer him.

LOL kind of funny. I have a friend that's a 2 time All-American race walker at Lindsey Wilson. You'd be shocked how many rules there are in that. Incredibly uncomfortable, and looks very silly.

Reactions: BengalWACO
LOL kind of funny. I have a friend that's a 2 time All-American race walker at Lindsey Wilson. You'd be shocked how many rules there are in that. Incredibly uncomfortable, and looks very silly.
I'm assuming when you say uncomfortable you're referring to someone boasting about being a 2 time All-American, and when asked in what sport, they go red and quickly mumble, "Speed walking".

Thankfully, they can quickly escape the embarrassment by race walking outta there!

Reactions: EliteBlue
I couldn't do it. That is for sure. In other words... SEND YOUR FRIEND TO cOACH CAL.. Needs good walkers evidently.

Does Brown have family in Kentucky? Mechalle Brown (his mother) is from Michigan and Brown has relatives still in the state. This, along with the Adidas affiliation, are the two most likely reasons Brown would prefer Michigan if he did. If Brown's only concern is playing for the best program in the country and being an NBA lottery lock, he goes to Kentucky. Some kids have other priorities, though, especially if they are confident in being a high pick regardless of what college they play for.

So, if Brown were to pick Michigan, it would likely not have anything to do with the actual programs. That being said, Michigan has had a decent amount of success lately, both in the post-season and in getting players drafted. Michigan gives Brown the chance to live by family, play for an Adidas school, and still play for a solid coach and what should be a decent team.

Does Brown have family in Kentucky? Mechalle Brown (his mother) is from Michigan and Brown has relatives still in the state. This, along with the Adidas affiliation, are the two most likely reasons Brown would prefer Michigan if he did. If Brown's only concern is playing for the best program in the country and being an NBA lottery lock, he goes to Kentucky. Some kids have other priorities, though, especially if they are confident in being a high pick regardless of what college they play for.

So, if Brown were to pick Michigan, it would likely not have anything to do with the actual programs. That being said, Michigan has had a decent amount of success lately, both in the post-season and in getting players drafted. Michigan gives Brown the chance to live by family, play for an Adidas school, and still play for a solid coach and what should be a decent team.

Did you just completely miss the part where I said you would stay home for family? No, I didn't know Brown had family in Michigan. I said 3 reasons you would go to another program are being close to family, shoe contract stuff, and playing time. Honestly had no idea Brown had ties up there. Makes more sense to me now.

I think the teams to beat for Brown are UK and Michigan. That being said, I highly doubt that he picks Michigan over UK mainly because of that fact that you're talking about Michigan vs. UK. There's no home school connection. He doesn't have a former assistant/guardian/godfather/parent on the staff and there really isn't any connection whatsoever, so I can't imagine he'd turn down the spectacle of being a go to guy at UK for playing in Ann Arbor. Especially going from southern living in Georgia to the upper-peninsula of Michigan. My guess is that if it comes down to these two, he won't stick to his Adidas allegiance.

The dark horse could be Kansas. I hadn't heard them mentioned much in regards to Brown before, but they're an Adidas school and they are a national power (somewhat) and you should never count out Bill Self. KU hasn't done squat in the seven seasons since winning the title and yet Self still manages to wrangle in top recruits.

Not at all, just saying those four kids were in the game during big moments. Tyler and Alex have been as well, but 4 > 2. I think they have more returners to be trusted to make a basket or make a play than our returners. Cal doesn't trust Lee, Hawkins or Willis. K has proven he trusts these guys as they have all played during crucial times, that is good experience over mop up time and early/middle of the game. That leaves us with only two.

I like our team, it is what is and I hope we do well but I'm not blind to other schools that will be good like some on here who think everybody sucks and we are the greatest every season.

Hawkins didn't play meaningful minutes this year, but he did as a freshman. I vividly recall him on the floor helping us beat UL in the Sweet Sixteen.

Like most years, this will boil down to the production of our freshman.

Reactions: brianpoe
Cracks me up how kneejerk everyone is. If team is good one year...forget everything that happened the previous years, and vice versa.

You really think Michigan is going to struggle again under Beilein? Do you not remember their title game appearance and the fact they were a Harrison jack away from possibly going to another F4? LeVert is back. Adding Brown and you have a fun, really good team. Wouldn't be a bad choice at all if the shoes matter a lot to him.

With that said, I think UK gets him.

Brown or Diallo would probably make us preseason top 5.

I think with Ingram, Duke is now preseason number one.

Unfortunately I agree- both Ingram and Kennard can shoot. They have another good PG as well. No Okafor on their team, but they get two bigs in the transfer and Jeter coming in. They will be very dangerous with their experience and all around recruiting class. They always seem to have some incredible shooters on their squad.

If we get Murray and/or Diallo though - I think we are right there. Our PG and Center are better than them - but their wings and bench experience is better than ours as it stands right now.

Come on down Diallo and Murray!

Michigan plays a lot of 1 in and 4 out so the lineup would most likely include Brown, LeVert, Irvin and either Albrecht or Derrick Walton who like LeVert is also returning from injury. If they find someone to play inside with them they will have a very good team with that lineup

That would be the worst rebounding team in basketball. They might be fun to watch in certain matchups, but no way that team makes any noise in March.

Now that Ingram has committed, Brown can see the roster that Cal has constructed for this year, and his slot is still wide open. Matthews will be a terrific complement at the 3, but I don't want to count on him to play major minutes.
We get Brown, we get the moxie to be able to beat any team next year.

BTW, is there any relationship with Diallo and Brown? I haven't heard one way or the other as I think they've played on opposite teams every all star game.

Reactions: JustinSphere
ADVERTISEMENT