ADVERTISEMENT

Brown cuts UCLA

You're a tad late on that. Already a pretty deep thread about it.

When in doubt, start an unnecessary 2nd thread and keep the negative nancies out.
For what it's worth, all MKG could do was dunk and lay it in, that that worked out pretty well.

With Ingram now going to Duke, I hope Cal can reel in Brown. A starting lineup of the following would be pretty awesome:

Ulis
Briscoe
Brown
Poythress
Skal

Who knows what Murray and Diallo will do, but either one of them would be great as well. Throw in that X-Files JUCO dude and it would be a very good team.

With Ingram now going to Duke, I hope Cal can reel in Brown. A starting lineup of the following would be pretty awesome:

Ulis
Briscoe
Brown
Poythress
Skal

Who knows what Murray and Diallo will do, but either one of them would be great as well. Throw in that X-Files JUCO dude and it would be a very good team.

And don't forget Marcus Lee

Boo-F'ing-hoo. What a bunch of whiny little bitches.

Lets calm down.

50924061.jpg

I would actually find it pretty comical if he announced another school and said "I was gonna go to Kentucky but the fans said I walked too slow and wore my pants too high".

When in doubt, start an unnecessary 2nd thread and keep the negative nancies out.
For what it's worth, all MKG could do was dunk and lay it in, that that worked out pretty well.
I thought MKG was darn good on defense and if you look in the basketball dictionary under "high motor" you will see his picture.

Guys I would not hold my breath for Brown. Just one player that I don't see coming to UK. JMO

I thought MKG was darn good on defense and if you look in the basketball dictionary under "high motor" you will see his picture.

That's all true, but Brown has the athleticism to be that kind of defender, and all signs point to him being an energy player also, and there may not be a better position to have an energy player than small forward. Big guys with guard skills that bring energy can carry you a long way.

I'm not saying he won't go to Michigan, but the Bacari Alexander connection is a thin reed indeed. If guys turned down Kentucky and Cal over those types of connections, everyone from John Wall to Anthony Davis to Nerlens Noel to Skal Labissiere would have gone elsewhere.

True but how many guys HAVE chosen other schools because of these connections. I frequent the area around were Brown is from. Wheeler is a family. What the alums say holds weight. I hope I'm wrong though.

We are due for a great surprise.I think Brown will see he gets tons of playing time and a great coach to get him quicky to the NBA.He will be a cat.

I don't understand the Michigan thing. They already have Spike Albecht at point and Zak Irvin and Caris Levert on the wings. Even if Brown starts over one of those guys, he would have to compete for minutes. He would play HUGE minutes at the three spot at UK. Not saying he won't pick Michigan, but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense when you look at the roster.

It's true that a lot of people thought UCLA was in the strongest with him because of the ADIDAS thing, but Michigan has gradually been moving up in the conversation to land him for a while now and they're ADIDAS. Still wouldn't put it past Self to work whatever inexplicable voodoo he's got going and somehow land Brown.

It's untelling with this class, but I just feel like we're fighting an uphill battle with all the remaining guys, even with Cal pulling out all the stops and doing exactly what he should be doing, it's just one of those years, man. Brown does feel like a Calipari type of player, but unfortunately he's just stuck in a tough situation with a lot of forces outside of his and our control pulling him away from UK.

Right now I think our best hopes are that Cal's 2nd visit with Diallo works out for UK the same way that K's 2nd visit with Ingram worked out for Duke, and that Murray reclassifies and wants to play on the biggest stage college has to offer year-round.

Last edited:
I think I read where brown has family in michigan. Michigan fits the criteria, wanting to be the man and Adidas. But if he comes here, he still will likely be the man or compete for it. I think he thought we would end up loading up when everyone wrote us off, now not so much. Would LOVE to get him.

diallo going to ku would be devastating for the kid. he will get exposed there just like alexander did. at uk...he will have great players around him, especially at PG. diallo has basically zero offense so he needs to be set up. at ku...his stock will drop big time. at uk....he came come off the bench, provide a burst, and get drafted high based on potential.

diallo going to ku would be devastating for the kid. he will get exposed there just like alexander did. at uk...he will have great players around him, especially at PG. diallo has basically zero offense so he needs to be set up. at ku...his stock will drop big time. at uk....he came come off the bench, provide a burst, and get drafted high based on potential.

Zero offense? Ok. I saw two spin moves 15 feet out to score in that one AS game. I don't buy this idea that he is so dependent on setup passes.

I don't understand the Michigan thing. They already have Spike Albecht at point and Zak Irvin and Caris Levert on the wings. Even if Brown starts over one of those guys, he would have to compete for minutes. He would play HUGE minutes at the three spot at UK. Not saying he won't pick Michigan, but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense when you look at the roster.

Michigan plays a lot of 1 in and 4 out so the lineup would most likely include Brown, LeVert, Irvin and either Albrecht or Derrick Walton who like LeVert is also returning from injury. If they find someone to play inside with them they will have a very good team with that lineup

When you say recruits would be exposed you're saying they are a fraud. Not a prize attribute from the fanbase when the kid could be who you are cheering for next season.

If you want to bash other schools try not to drag the talented kids, everyone is hoping that will commit, through the mud in the process.

When you say recruits would be exposed you're saying they are a fraud. Not a prize attribute from the fanbase when the kid could be who you are cheering for next season.

If you want to bash other schools try not to drag the talented kids, everyone is hoping that will commit, through the mud in the process.
Really.

kid is legit...but the negative parts of his game will be highlighted much much more if he goes to KU with little around home and poor guard play. forced to play a major role when, frankly....he cant.

the negative parts of his game will be masked better at UK due to the talent on the team.

are UK fans back to wanting brown now? just weeks ago it appeared the consensus was he sucked and didnt want him.

are UK fans back to wanting brown now? just weeks ago it appeared the consensus was he sucked and didnt want him.
Some probably didn't want him based off his performances in the all star games. Kid is really good at everything except shooting, avg in that area. Most nba mock drafts have him top 10, that's damn good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT