ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Price goes on a tirad

Tskware

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2003
Did anybody see the article about his explosion against the Cincinnati Enquirer? Claimed he used the F word 77 times in a five 1/2 minute tirade. Wow. Does not sound like him at all.

I agree with his point...and maybe he had to be over the top to get it across, but wow! haha

He also has to realize that the media have to do their job as well, although I think they overstepped in a couple of ways...they aren't TMZ.

I agree with his point...and maybe he had to be over the top to get it across, but wow! haha

He also has to realize that the media have to do their job as well, although I think they overstepped in a couple of ways...they aren't TMZ.
Meh. I can see both sides of it. I don't think Price is upset at the right people. It's not his fault that there's a spot open on the roster for Mesoraco despite him not being there. Also strange for him to think that the media should protect the Reds.

Rosecrans has a job to do like you said. In what ways do you think the Enquirer overstepped? Readers of the paper pay to get the information that Rosecrans and Fay deliver. If they know that a player is en route to a series then they should definitely report it. It's not their fault that the Reds haven't notified a player that their roster spot is being taken. Honestly I thought it showed poor management from the Reds than anything else. Unfortunately for Price he's the one that has to answer for it.

Meh. I can see both sides of it. I don't think Price is upset at the right people. It's not his fault that there's a spot open on the roster for Mesoraco despite him not being there. Also strange for him to think that the media should protect the Reds.

Rosecrans has a job to do like you said. In what ways do you think the Enquirer overstepped? Readers of the paper pay to get the information that Rosecrans and Fay deliver. If they know that a player is en route to a series then they should definitely report it. It's not their fault that the Reds haven't notified a player that their roster spot is being taken. Honestly I thought it showed poor management from the Reds than anything else. Unfortunately for Price he's the one that has to answer for it.

Well I saw an article titled Doc: Reds/Mesoraco not telling truth or something to that effect...first of all, Im not sure how a Dr can even comment, 2nd of all, don't think its a reporters job to go through those back channels to get injury info.

Yes, I can see that the Reds should've told the catcher sooner - also, whats the big deal as a reporter to announce it when he will arrive officially soon after to where they could get actual quotes and all.

The Hamilton stuff as well...not sure if Price told the media he was sore or getting a night off and left it at that or what...but if they continue to pry after being told one thing, it may be overstepping.

On 2nd look, that article doesn't have DR quotes from what I can tell, but somebody spent a bunch of time on Web MD...

Only to analyze the injury and basically call Reds/Price FOS.

And I am not a Reds fan...they are fine by me, but it isn't my team...I don't think Price is a great, but I can see why he feels the media is prying into things that maybe they should just take his word for it.

Reactions: Derek Terry
Well I saw an article titled Doc: Reds/Mesoraco not telling truth or something to that effect...first of all, Im not sure how a Dr can even comment, 2nd of all, don't think its a reporters job to go through those back channels to get injury info.

Yes, I can see that the Reds should've told the catcher sooner - also, whats the big deal as a reporter to announce it when he will arrive officially soon after to where they could get actual quotes and all.

The Hamilton stuff as well...not sure if Price told the media he was sore or getting a night off and left it at that or what...but if they continue to pry after being told one thing, it may be overstepping.
I haven't read the first article you mentioned. I guess I just see it as them doing their job. I don't think the Cincinnati media is hurting the Reds as much as Price thinks they are. He's feeling some pressure though, that's for sure. How you drop the F bomb 77 times in five minutes is beyond me.

Blaming the media for making it harder to win games just shows that Price is in over his head. It's the reporter's job to find out who is on the bench, who is available, etc...they aren't wings of the Reds media relations department.

That being said....its certainly a different media environment today than it used to be.

And, I don't care for Rosecrans or Fay in the least.

Reactions: gblue5744
Obviously this wouldn't have happened if they were winning...and it shouldn't be an excuse for them losing...so I hope my posts don't seem like I am taking up for him in that way.

I'm not sayin Dusty was the answer but I can't figure out why you fire a manager that was winning divisions for a guy that wasn't even a manger. Price was in over his head from the minute he was named manager.

I'm not sayin Dusty was the answer but I can't figure out why you fire a manager that was winning divisions for a guy that wasn't even a manger. Price was in over his head from the minute he was named manager.
I felt the exact same way. No reason to fire Baker if you're just going to hire a guy like Price.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT