ADVERTISEMENT

Brea list

What I want to know is where the hell is Kansas’ NIL money coming from to be able to reel in all these players?

Population-wise, a lot lower than Kentucky even - about 1.5M lower. No big urban centers. A sh!t conference money-wise compared to the SEC.

They must have some super generous mega-donor is all I can figure. Anyone know the story there?

Reactions: Fox2monk
What I want to know is where the hell is Kansas’ NIL money coming from to be able to reel in all these players?

Population-wise, a lot lower than Kentucky even - about 1.5M lower. No big urban centers. A sh!t conference money-wise compared to the SEC.

They must have some super generous mega-donor is all I can figure. Anyone know the story there?
Adidas

KC is bigger than Louisville. Although is shared with Missouri

Reactions: UKgal82

Wizard Of Oz GIF

I don't have a clue where he ends up, but I don't think Duke is actively pursuing him.
Yeah to me when you all got brown & Gillis that ruled you all out(could be wrong), unc is getting Tyson and theiro, so that doesn’t make sense, UConn is getting mckneely, we have a clear opening, I don’t get why he wouldn’t take the bag and the starting spot

It’s not KU. KU got a commitment from Griffen this last weekend that should be announced by end of week, only way we even try for Brea is if Kugel backs out (some academic concerns coming out).

And even then I think we maybe just wait and see what Furphy does and fill later in the summer if needed for depth. At that point it’s way too late for Brea.

UK should feel good here. Surprised Jaxson Robinson hasn’t joined the portal yet for yall possibly too.

It seems some players try as hard as they can to not go to UK. Look at things that make sense from different angles but a lot of them don't look at it like we do.

Adidas. We need to get our relationship with Nike tight again so they can give us Uber NIL deals.

It’s not KU. KU got a commitment from Griffen this last weekend that should be announced by end of week, only way we even try for Brea is if Kugel backs out (some academic concerns coming out).

And even then I think we maybe just wait and see what Furphy does and fill later in the summer if needed for depth. At that point it’s way too late for Brea.

UK should feel good here. Surprised Jaxson Robinson hasn’t joined the portal yet for yall possibly too.
Me too but a lot of guys this is their final NIL check, hopefully Robinson does tho. Self was serious about upgrading the roster and got it done. You all will be tough.

Just read that Duke still has three scholarships left and they want Brea also. Looks like right now he would have more playing time here because Duke has 2 5 star frosh coming in at his position and they aren't going to sit a lot as the season goes on. Have seen Duke sit some 5 stars the first half of the season but then Scheyer starts letting them take over minutes from players like Brea that they bring in for experience the first part of the year.

Reactions: Lea and Fox2monk
Duke is light at the guard spot, maybe they feel he could play some minutes at the 2/3? After Proctor and Foster the next guy up is Evans but he is really a SF but will probably have to play guard due to his weight and depth.

Last edited:
Duke is light at the guard spot, maybe they feel he could play some minutes at the 2/3? After Proctor and Foster the next guy up is Evans but he is really a SF but will probably have to play guard due to his weight and depth.
You are forgetting Kon Knueppel who is a guard and Darrin Harris who is also a guard. Duke has guards. They could use a backup point guard but that’s it. Brea would get very little PT at Duke.

You are forgetting Kon Knueppel who is a guard and Darrin Harris who is also a guard. Duke has guards. They could use a backup point guard but that’s it. Brea would get very little PT at Duke.
Yeah, they are acting like they need guards but they have enough. Wanting some experience for the first of the year till the young ones can catch up IMO. Literally talking about 5 guards they have.

Based on playing time UK should be a slam dunk. Duke got 2 guys in the portal this week that can play the 2,3,4 spots. If UConn doesn’t get Liam then that could be the toughest competition

That is not true, Brown will play the 4 & small lineup 5. Gillis is mainly a 4 but could play the 3. As for Kon Knueppel & Darrin Harris they are both SF’s. Could they play some at the SG yes, but they would struggle on the defensive side. Just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT