ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology 2/20

Every year UK fans get upset about Bracketology, only to overlook at the team lost to teams like Evansville, Wilmington, and crappy SEC teams they shouldn't have lost to (like A&M).

UK isn't getting jobbed or screwed over.
My post was to point out even the top seeds have bad losses too so the field from a 1-2 seed down to a 5-6 seed isn't as great of a chasm as some might think.

Sums up the thoughts on uk perfectly. A win doesn’t mean crap them, but they damn sure drop with a loss. Look at the sentence lunardi has on the game tonight

Reactions: KYExtemper
Every year UK fans get upset about Bracketology, only to overlook at the team lost to teams like Evansville, Wilmington, and crappy SEC teams they shouldn't have lost to (like A&M).

UK isn't getting jobbed or screwed over.
Sure we have lost games that we should have won but so have other teams. The fact remains that UK is held to a different standard by Lunardi and the NCAAT committee. If we were undefeated currently we would probably have a 1 seed, but a loss would put that in jeopardy. The goal posts get moved every year by the powers that be.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23

Early Will Ferrell GIF - Early Will Ferrell Way To Early GIFs

These bracketology threads are as useless as a screen door on a submarine. I thought the last 10 games weren't as emphasized as in previous years or are they? Lunardi moves teams around like checkers on a board just so he can stay on ESPN.

It doesn't matter if we win more games going forward than UNC, Duke, KU or Wisconsin( or a half dozen other teams) we will get punished more for losses rewarded less for wins. It just works that way, it always has and will continue to do so.

I hope we win out from here, that probably won't happen, but if it did a 3 seed would be about as good as we could do. Just get to the NCAAT with as good a seed as they will give us and see how many games we can win. The first order of business is to get thru the first week-end(which we haven't done as well as we should) Then we can see who is left and go from there.
Are you including the SEC tournament in your statement? Because if we beat Bama and Tenn AND then won the SEC tournament I think we would get a #2 seed. (That’s not happening we’re too inconsistent) but the SEC is clearly the second best conference this year after the Big 12 and winning the conference tournament would bump you up a seed line. (Except to a #1)

Are you including the SEC tournament in your statement? Because if we beat Bama and Tenn AND then won the SEC tournament I think we would get a #2 seed. (That’s not happening we’re too inconsistent) but the SEC is clearly the second best conference this year after the Big 12 and winning the conference tournament would bump you up a seed line. (Except to a #1)
More or less asking a question about the last 10 games .I thought I read somewhere that the last 10 games were to be de- valued as to seeding consideration this year.

Sums up the thoughts on uk perfectly. A win doesn’t mean crap them, but they damn sure drop with a loss. Look at the sentence lunardi has on the game tonight
He's saying we won't move up a full seed line. I think we may leap Wisconsin with a win. He has Wisconsin at 17 and UK at 18.

But even if we don't: It's not such that every win moves you up. LSU is a Quad 2 win. I don't think we necessarily earn a better spot by beating them.

Now, if you beat LSU and Alabama, and SDSU plays 2 crap teams, I think there's a strong argument that UK moves up to #16 overall, which would give us the last 4 seed.

I think there's a very real chance we wake up Sunday as a 4 seed. 2 weeks to go in the regular season+SEC tournament. A 3 is on the table. A 2 is on the table if some things break right.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Sure we have lost games that we should have won but so have other teams. The fact remains that UK is held to a different standard by Lunardi and the NCAAT committee. If we were undefeated currently we would probably have a 1 seed, but a loss would put that in jeopardy. The goal posts get moved every year by the powers that be.
You can't objectively look at UK's resume and suggest they should be better than a 5 seed right now.

1 loss and UK is easily the top overall seed, don't play.

Agree, hell only 3/4 losses and we are probably a 1 seed (depending on who the losses was to).
But you can make a case for them being ahead of teams like Illinois, Dayton, SD State, Colorado St., and Utah State. Maybe even Wisconsin, but 6 quad 1 wins (though they also have 6 losses also) I would hesitate., They are 6-3 in quad 2 games. 2-0 in quad 3, 4-0 in quad 4, with a Net of 21.

UK on the other hand, is 3-6 in quad 1, 3-0 quad 2, 6-1 quad 3 (this loss is really pulling them down), 6-0 in quad 4, Net of 20.
Wisconsin quad 1 / 2 record 12-9 UK is 6-6. SO Wisconsin has played 21 quad 1&2 games combined, UK only 12. Throw in the 1 loss in the quad 3, it hurts. UK's record in quads 2/3/4 is a combined 15-1, Wisconsin is 11-3 but the 3 losses came in quad 2 games.
UK has a chance to pass them, winning upcoming quad 1 games, I think they leap them as well as the several other teams I listed in the first of my post. I think Wisconsin drops at least two of their final four games and end up with double digit losses. (18-9 currently). Wisconsin has several bad losses, and I think JUST because they was on the road, they are not being punished enough.
@ Michigan - 8-18 (3-12 in conf.) Quad 2 ? LOL
@ Penn ST. - 12-14 (6-9 in conf.) Same as Michigan
@ Rutgers (by 22) - 14-11 (6-8 in conf.) Quad 3 at best.
@ Iowa - 16-11 (8-8 in conf.) same as Rutgers
They nearly lost at home against Maryland 14-13 (6-10 in conf.) Losing to 2 teams with losing records and by 22 to a 14-11 team, they should have had quad 3/4 losses. Now way in hell Michigan at 8-18 should be a quad 2 loss, same for Penn St. They should be quad 3 and 4 losses. Rutgers smoking them should be a quad 3. Move the 3 very bad losses to quad 3 and 4 status, and there body of work drops considerably.
The loss to UNCW is really hurting UK, it was at home, making it even worse. Not likely, but MAYBE UNCW can win their last 4 games, finish 23-7. They are 1 game out of first and maybe win their conference tournament (Charleston is a game ahead, but UNCW swept them) and Charleston has the tougher remaining schedule. They could win the reg. season and tournament. They would then be a tournament team, MAYBE that will bump the quad 3 loss to a 2. It would definitely help seeding wise, but still should have NOT lost that game at home.

Last edited:
Long winded post above, mainly about UK vs Wisconsin, but more important is UNCW maybe bumping to a quad 2 loss. Not likely, but it could. Not just comparing UK to Wisconsin, but several teams ahead of us. Get a couple quad 1 and 2 wins and our body of work skyrockets. NO BAD LOSSES. Looking at you Vandy / LSU.

You can't objectively look at UK's resume and suggest they should be better than a 5 seed right now.

1 loss and UK is easily the top overall seed, don't play.
I don't disagree that a 5 seed is about right. Duke, Wisconsin and a few others are in (or should be) the same boat

LSU NET is 88 so a loss means you drop and if you win you pretty much stay where you are.

The wins we needed were vs Kansas, Florida, Gonzaga, Tennessee the teams that are all top 30 NET win those games and you gain a lot.

LSU NET is 88 so a loss means you drop and if you win you pretty much stay where you are.

The wins we needed were vs Kansas, Florida, Gonzaga, Tennessee the teams that are all top 30 NET win those games and you gain a lot.
I get it, but other teams have bad losses as well and they don’t get penalized like Kentucky does

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT