ADVERTISEMENT

Bottom line, ultimate question for now ??

Do we beat Louisville next week ??

• YES

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • NO

Votes: 57 98.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

megablue

All-SEC
Oct 2, 2012
Any modicum of legit success for the season boils down to defeating Louisville.
Right now, to me, it is just that simple.

Last edited:
One thing you have to undeniably credit Stoops with is that his teams have always, with exception of 2017, played above their ability when it comes to UL. Even when he first arrived and UL had a massive talent advantage, the games were much closer than anticipated.

Reactions: megablue
One thing you have to undeniably credit Stoops with is that his teams have always, with exception of 2017, played above their ability when it comes to UL. Even when he first arrived and UL had a massive talent advantage, the games were much closer than anticipated.
You make a good point, but I still cannot get myself to vote YES ... unfortunately.

Last edited:
The most important game of Stoops's tenure. Win and all is well. Lose and we fall to number 2 in the state. We lose recruits. Mitch needs to promise Stoops some kind of bonus if he wins. Incentive that is. It is an important game for UK.

• Wow
Reactions: catben
The most important game of Stoops's tenure. Win and all is well. Lose and we fall to number 2 in the state. We lose recruits. Mitch needs to promise Stoops some kind of bonus if he wins. Incentive that is. It is an important game for UK.
Yes let’s give a nine million dollar underperforming coach a bonus .
you do realize if we are 6 and 6 he has been paid a million and half for each win .

Reactions: K86

Are you serious Clark?

Being overpaid 9 million per year isn't enough?

Now you want to give the guy a bonus for winning one game, which should already be required as part of his salarysalary?

Lmao.

Reactions: Caintuk
Kentucky football would have a hard time beating EKU or WKU right now, and as for UL, probably a disaster waiting to happen.

Reactions: CatPhight
Win is nice, but if (and unlikely we do as I expect a doubledigit loss) we do, all wil notbe well.

UL by 4 touchdowns
According to ESPN Scoreboard, Louisville is favored by 4.5 points. That seems low to me. I would've figured around 9 points, or so. Hopefully, we'll show up and play well. Going to be a tough game, no doubt.

After last night, I don’t think so. The locker room may be checked out come next weekend.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
I’m wondering if after Davis father tweet if he will even play. Why risk injury ? The kid is a stud and should have a bright future somewhere else.

After last night, I don’t think so. The locker room may be checked out come next weekend.
Kentucky has always been a mentally-fragile team, so I understand your point.
Hopefully, competitive juices will prevail ...

I’m wondering if after Davis father tweet if he will even play. Why risk injury ? The kid is a stud and should have a bright future somewhere else.
Not playing in a regular season rivalry game is different than sitting out a bowl. He’ll look like a quitter and that won’t help his professional future…

Reactions: sefus12 and catben
Not playing in a regular season rivalry game is different than sitting out a bowl. He’ll look like a quitter and that won’t help his professional future…

These players are paid employees now. Boggles my mind the NIL deals do not have contract stipulations that if healthy they must play in all games.

The line, according to ESPN Scoreboard, has moved from 4.5 to 7.0, since yesterday morning. It will be interesting to see if it continues to rise during the week.

Kentucky football would have a hard time beating EKU or WKU right now, and as for UL, probably a disaster waiting to happen.
Heck we had a hard time beating EKU this year at home...it was a one score affair until the closing minutes as I recall...set the tone for the season of futility.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Win and all is well attitude is the problem with a fan base with low, low expectations.

Reactions: K86
No win for Stoops . If he plays him he looks like a wus . If he does not he probably loses big time . Only way to win is by shortening the game by run game and Davis is main weapon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT