ADVERTISEMENT

Boom has a message for James Quick

It is absolutely reality that JHC and SW would have started in the DB - choose to believe it or not - it matters not a bit to me. I never said you said anything - I stated that Kentucky fans have routinely pointed to MS recruiting classes being higher than CS/ BP's as to why UK would be surpassing UofL. This board is rife with posts that opine exactly that. To deny it is being disingenuous.

You have no idea whether the sitting players would have bumped those who started. This I conjecture and fan hope. Unprovable.

You have no idea whether the sitting players would have bumped those who started. This I conjecture and fan hope. Unprovable.

Again, you simply don't know what you're talking about. I know for an absolute fact that is the case and again, you can choose to disbelieve it should you like. I will agree that with you, it would be unprovable; I could offer you the proof but given your penchant for doubling down on your opinions, it wouldn't matter to you. You'd probably go off on some tangent about the definition of the word "proof" - lol.

UofL did lose a lot of significant talent to the NFL. That said, the DL should be better, the linebacker group should be better and with the addition of JHC and SW, the secondary could be better than last year's group. Offensively their only issues are figuring out the OL - which is no small feat. UK could certainly win next year but, it won't be due to a talent gap...

lol

No I don't but, I didn't expect Holliman to pick 14 last year and look how that turned out.

Yeah, and I think there is about a thousand times more chance that McWilson picks off ONE more than he did last year, and if he had done that last year who would have won the game?

I agree - upon further review, the idea that UK could win next year does qualify as a "lol" moment.

I think upon further review that you would have to agree that you just made a pretty dumb post. I have to run, please don't make me have to explain it to you, surely you can figure it out.

Yeah, and I think there is about a thousand times more chance that McWilson picks off ONE more than he did last year, and if he had done that last year who would have won the game?

We'll never know because the reality is, he wasn't good enough to hold on to it.

Everybody UL lost to the NFL was not as good as their replacements.

Again, you simply don't know what you're talking about. I know for an absolute fact that is the case and again, you can choose to disbelieve it should you like. I will agree that with you, it would be unprovable; I could offer you the proof but given your penchant for doubling down on your opinions, it wouldn't matter to you. You'd probably go off on some tangent about the definition of the word "proof" - lol.

Unprovable but you could offer proof. Uh. If you say so.

But, regardless of your position, Obama is still president. (True, therefore relevant).

We'll never know because the reality is, he wasn't good enough to hold on to it.

A four star recruit that is good enough to start games in the SEC and he wasn't good enough to hold on to it? Have you ever played football, he catches that pass 999 times out of a thousand, plenty good enough to hang on to it. Strange things happen sometimes, it is football.

I dropped a pass like that once I believe, but I think it was when I was in the fourth grade, LOL.

Unprovable but you could offer proof. Uh. If you say so.

But, regardless of your position, Obama is still president. (True, therefore relevant).

"Unprovable" to someone like you, who's only real agenda is "win" message board discussions for some and sad reason. Thread #2 that I'm finished with you on. Please note, I'm not looking for a pen pal.

A four star recruit that is good enough to start games in the SEC and he wasn't good enough to hold on to it? Have you ever played football, he catches that pass 999 times out of a thousand, plenty good enough to hang on to it. Strange things happen sometimes, it is football.

I dropped a pass like that once I believe, but I think it was when I was in the fourth grade, LOL.

Stranger things happen when you start playing the "what if" game. I didn't say I thought he was incapable of catching it, I said in that moment he wasn't good enough to hang on. Maybe next time he catches it - maybe, there won't be a "next time".

"Show Ignored Content"

Ah, seeing that message at the end of a thread and knowing you are spared from reading some UL dumbassery is a really great thing. Really folks, use it, no reason to subject yourself to Little Brother hystrionics, or the 2-3 morons pretending to be UK fans but are only here to troll troll troll your boats.

Stranger things happen when you start playing the "what if" game. I didn't say I thought he was incapable of catching it, I said in that moment he wasn't good enough to hang on. Maybe next time he catches it - maybe, there won't be a "next time".

1. I always thought it is silly to harp on the UK player dropping a INT...especially when Charles Gaines now with the Cleveland Browns dropped a Pick Six during that same game that hit him between the numbers...drops happen it is part of the game,

2. Just read Phil Steele take on Louisville in his now out in stores magazine....he clearly states even with the losses to the NFL UofL is a clear and strong contender to win the ACC Atlantic and the ACC...He still has UofL 3rd in the Division....FTR, he has Kentucky 6th in the SEC East.

3. As far as the OP....pretty tame between both players but it is good to see talk between them...makes the game much more interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman
"Unprovable" to someone like you, who's only real agenda is "win" message board discussions for some and sad reason. Thread #2 that I'm finished with you on. Please note, I'm not looking for a pen pal.

Yet YOU come here and continually quote my posts.

People who say they could prove something but won't, often cannot and simply cannot admit it.

1. I always thought it is silly to harp on the UK player dropping a INT...especially when Charles Gaines now with the Cleveland Browns dropped a Pick Six during that same game that hit him between the numbers...drops happen it is part of the game,

2. Just read Phil Steele take on Louisville in his now out in stores magazine....he clearly states even with the losses to the NFL UofL is a clear and strong contender to win the ACC Atlantic and the ACC...He still has UofL 3rd in the Division....FTR, he has Kentucky 6th in the SEC East.

3. As far as the OP....pretty tame between both players but it is good to see talk between them...makes the game much more interesting.
WildCard linked some interesting bits from Steeles mag and he basically had the game as a pickem. The sec is tougher then the acc. Records will not determine this game and ranking within conference is not the same as talent levels.

One too many energy drinks today huh?
Acutally I kind of agree with him. Beating UL won't shut them up. That much is certain. It didn't shut them up when Brooks won 4 straight. Cal whipping them 7 of 8 games hasn't shut them up. There is nothing Stoops can do in one game to do so.

WildCard linked some interesting bits from Steeles mag and he basically had the game as a pickem. The sec is tougher then the acc. Records will not determine this game and ranking within conference is not the same as talent levels.

Oh I agree...i do call it a very close game this far out...said it on both this board and the Louisville site....expect a Louisville win but would not be at all surprised if Kentucky wins this year especially in CWS.

Acutally I kind of agree with him. Beating UL won't shut them up. That much is certain. It didn't shut them up when Brooks won 4 straight. Cal whipping them 7 of 8 games hasn't shut them up. There is nothing Stoops can do in one game to do so.

No it won't - just as Louisville winning 4 straight hasn't quieted UK's fans. Just as Louisville winning the NC in basketball didn't shut UK fans up. That's the nature of a heated rivalry - fans are always going to keep talking.

Reactions: Steelers2012

Here is what you said: "because the reality is, he wasn't good enough to hold on to it."

My, what a difference from your retrofit post, but really no sense arguing with a troll, they use all kinds of dodges and screwy logic to justify their stupid posts.

Bye, go home, if you have one.

Here is what you said: "because the reality is, he wasn't good enough to hold on to it."

My, what a difference from your retrofit post, but really no sense arguing with a troll, they use all kinds of dodges and screwy logic to justify their stupid posts.

Bye, go home, if you have one.

"If you have one"l. How will I ever recover from that? Lol.

No dodges - no screwy logic. The REALITY is that he wasn't good enough to hang to the ball as evidenced by the fact that he dropped it. I was speaking about that specific instance, not making a blanket statement about his ability to ever catch a ball. Based upon your other posts, I get that you don't do nuance but really, if you are too simple to comprehend the difference, then perhaps it's you that needs to "stay home".

Everybody UL lost to the NFL was not as good as their replacements.

The DBs seem to be getting the most talk in this thread, so let's use them as an example.

Going into last season, the safety position was a huge question mark. We had lost Pryor to the NFL and a multi year starter in Smith. Their replacements were a JUCO transfer and a guy who had played little more than Special Teams. If anyone had suggested this time last year that Sample and Holliman were the equals of Pryor and Smith, well, you'd be seeing the same reactions as are evident in this thread.

Sometimes the replacements are ready to play. If anyone would have suggested that UL would have 10 guys drafted in 2015 in June 2014, would anyone have believed that?

I have no idea if the guys we bring in are going to be better or worse this year. But every summer the "LOL UL fans think they can replace Player X!" posts get made and somehow we continue to field a team. Maybe we should all wait and see?

The DBs seem to be getting the most talk in this thread, so let's use them as an example.

Going into last season, the safety position was a huge question mark. We had lost Pryor to the NFL and a multi year starter in Smith. Their replacements were a JUCO transfer and a guy who had played little more than Special Teams. If anyone had suggested this time last year that Sample and Holliman were the equals of Pryor and Smith, well, you'd be seeing the same reactions as are evident in this thread.

Sometimes the replacements are ready to play. If anyone would have suggested that UL would have 10 guys drafted in 2015 in June 2014, would anyone have believed that?

And the odds that you're going to get a safety that can match Holliman's production? I'm going with .001%

And the odds that you're going to get a safety that can match Holliman's production? I'm going with .001%

If by match you mean get 14 ints, then it's less than even that. It was a 40 year old record for a reason. But that's a ridiculous standard to judge a safety on.

But if that's the sole standard and Holliman was the greatest college safety ever, then I'd be willing to accept something even a few notches below that.

I have no idea if the guys we bring in are going to be better or worse this year. But every summer the "LOL UL fans think they can replace Player X!" posts get made and somehow we continue to field a team. Maybe we should all wait and see?

If UL fans came here and said "I have no idea, but hope ..." I would respect the truth of that statement and agree with the sentiment. But, the other side of the coin you portray includes UL fans who say players they have yet to see on the field are better than those just drafted by the NFL. That is what I mock.

By the way let's use QB as an example. Some UL fans contended Gardner was as good as or, in some ways, better than Teddy. We all know why that was not the example you chose to make your point.

By the way let's use QB as an example. Some UL fans contended Gardner was as good as or, in some ways, better than Teddy. We all know why that was not the example you chose to make your point.

Umm, i'm calling bull crap on that. I'd love to see the link to a post from a UofL fan that said at the beginning of last year Will Gardner was "better than Teddy Bridgewater". At most - and this was based on reports of players who had played with both - it was that Gardner had the physical tools to be an outstanding QB and someone who could step into the position and produce. All I said - 2 pages ago - was that certain personnel groups HAD THE CHANCE to be better. Clearly as MacCard has so ably pointed out - that is not as far fetched as this board would have one believe.

And how did you finish last year compared to the year before? Hmmm.
If by match you mean get 14 ints, then it's less than even that. It was a 40 year old record for a reason. But that's a ridiculous standard to judge a safety on.

But if that's the sole standard and Holliman was the greatest college safety ever, then I'd be willing to accept something even a few notches below that.

And how about if he finishes about a dozen notches below that, and where was Holliman in the draft after all?

"If you have one"l. How will I ever recover from that? Lol.

No dodges - no screwy logic. The REALITY is that he wasn't good enough to hang to the ball as evidenced by the fact that he dropped it. I was speaking about that specific instance, not making a blanket statement about his ability to ever catch a ball. Based upon your other posts, I get that you don't do nuance but really, if you are too simple to comprehend the difference, then perhaps it's you that needs to "stay home".

I see you are still trying to amend your original statement to cover your butt.

And I am home, this is a UK board.

Umm, i'm calling bull crap on that. I'd love to see the link to a post from a UofL fan that said at the beginning of last year Will Gardner was "better than Teddy Bridgewater". At most - and this was based on reports of players who had played with both - it was that Gardner had the physical tools to be an outstanding QB and someone who could step into the position and produce. All I said - 2 pages ago - was that certain personnel groups HAD THE CHANCE to be better. Clearly as MacCard has so ably pointed out - that is not as far fetched as this board would have one believe.

You call it what you want. These comments were made repeatedly.

I see you are still trying to amend your original statement to cover your butt.

And I am home, this is a UK board.

Not an amendment - simply a further clarification for you given that you have little grasp on context. There's no need for me to cover anything - I'll let the truth stand for itself.

And how about if he finishes about a dozen notches below that, and where was Holliman in the draft after all?

Another instance of you moving the goalposts when confronted with facts that don't fit your preconceived narrative.

You call it what you want. These comments were made repeatedly.

Didn't happen; wasn't said; simple as that. Were there possibly some comments made about maybe some facet of the game where Gardner might be as good as or better, sure. But there was NObody on the UofL message boards even implying Gardner was or would be a better QB at Louisville than Bridgewater.

Didn't happen; wasn't said; simple as that. Were there possibly some comments made about maybe some facet of the game where Gardner might be as good as or better, sure. But there was NObody on the UofL message boards even implying Gardner was or would be a better QB at Louisville than Bridgewater.

Very True...Teddy Bridgewater for Louisville Fans/Alums is the most popular and highest regarded Football Player in the Modern Era...

Screw Boom, I have a message for James Quick!

"Let me get a 1/8 of the loud for myself and a 1/4 of schwag for my friends."

1. Louisville finished once again in the Top 25 in all the final rankings for the 3rd Straight Year and playing in a Entirely New League with a Entire New Coaching Staff.

2. Calvin Pryor-(And James Sample for that matter were/are better NFL Prospects) but Holliman did end up a Consensus 1st Team All American and won the Jim Thorpe Award as the Nation Top Defensive Back....we will see how Josh Harvey-Clemons and Chucky Williams do as Sample and Holliman replacements.

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT