ADVERTISEMENT

Boom has a message for James Quick

Relatively harmless response from Boom. I had visions of a flaming tweet that would be serious bulletin board material. Plenty of time for that between now and November 28, however.

At least we know Boom can back his talk up on the field.

god i cant wait to shut those f'ers up this year!!!

Be realistic here; do you honestly think if you win the game this year, it's going to shut anybody up? Has UofL winning 4 in a row shut anybody here up from expecting to win the next one, and the next one after that? Did UofL winning in basketball in 2013 shut anybody here up. If UofL wins in basketball this year, will it shut anybody here up? Probably the best anyone from either side can hope for is a "okay, you outplayed us this year" probably followed by a "we'll win the next one". Bottom line is, talkers are gonna talk, regardless of what happens on the field. You aren't going to "shut 'em up", for any more than a couple of days after a game, and neither are we.

Be realistic here; do you honestly think if you win the game this year, it's going to shut anybody up? Has UofL winning 4 in a row shut anybody here up from expecting to win the next one, and the next one after that? Did UofL winning in basketball in 2013 shut anybody here up. If UofL wins in basketball this year, will it shut anybody here up? Probably the best anyone from either side can hope for is a "okay, you outplayed us this year" probably followed by a "we'll win the next one". Bottom line is, talkers are gonna talk, regardless of what happens on the field. You aren't going to "shut 'em up", for any more than a couple of days after a game, and neither are we.

Agreed. That's just not how rivalries work.

Reactions: Mayoman
where i work at, its bad though. we obviously own them in bball and i dont trash talk them near as much as they do over football. you would think they are beating us by 20 every year and they have won 19 out of the last 21 in the series. we win this year and they'll shut up at least until spring of next year.... and that would be a welcome silence.

Most of their fans still think this UK team is vastly inferior to them. It'll be interesting when we beat them how they spin it. If we go on our own little streak over them will Stoops be considered a better coach? Will recruiting rankings actually matter? Will the refs be the scapegoat? I can't wait to see that

Soon as the recruiting pays off in the feild we will own their @$$ for years to come. YOU CAN BANK ON THAT! These year will be year 1 of us turning it around against UL and start to dominate the instate rivalry with ease. Pretty much just like basketball.

Are UL fans disappointed in Quick so far? I expected him to be a beast and he just hasn't seemed to reach his potential. Maybe he will this year. And yah, I dont think there is much smack talk here, could have been a lot worse.

I don't know if Quick is as fast as advertised after seeing the way he got ran down in the Clemson game on a go ahead TD. Maybe the weed he got caught with is sapping his stamina. I do think he'll be a much better player for them this year. The move to slot should make him a much easier target for the QB than lining him up on the outside like they were

One too many energy drinks today huh?

Soon as the recruiting pays off in the feild we will own their @$$ for years to come. YOU CAN BANK ON THAT! These year will be year 1 of us turning it around against UL and start to dominate the instate rivalry with ease. Pretty much just like basketball.
While UK's recruiting has improved the last three years, their classes are not light years ahead of Louisvilles as many seem to think. It will come down to development and in game coaching. Regardless of what most on this board think about Bobby Petrino, I think Louisville still has the proven edge there.

Reactions: jnewc2
We are fighting to regain ground from the Joker hole. Beating UL will demonstrate that the playing field is level again.

While UK's recruiting has improved the last three years, their classes are not light years ahead of Louisvilles as many seem to think. It will come down to development and in game coaching. Regardless of what most on this board think about Bobby Petrino, I think Louisville still has the proven edge there.
that is really funny... Calipari has beaten Pitino 7 out of the last 8 games, but you yay who still won't admit to Calipari is a better coach than Benedict is... Is way too early to consider whether Mark Stoops is going to make an excellent coach or not... I do think that this season will give you some kind of indication of where he is headed

petrino has been recruiting better than i thought he would since he's been back. the problem is that he's relying heavily on jucos. that can work as snyder has shown at kstate but it can also lead to the bottom falling out of season. i dont think ul will be as talented in their top 44 players this year as they were last year. now these guys may show up and be gang busters but jucos usually take most of the first year to start showing how good they are. UK had 4 jucos making their debut last year and they showed flashes but also got gashed a lot of the time.

i'll take bringing in 22 guys/year that are gonna be here 4 to 5 years then having 6+guys in each class only playing 2 years. bringing in jucos typically means you have holes in your roster. most people would like to avoid having holes in their roster that is gonna depend on a new guy from juco.

petrino has been recruiting better than i thought he would since he's been back. the problem is that he's relying heavily on jucos. that can work as snyder has shown at kstate but it can also lead to the bottom falling out of season. i dont think ul will be as talented in their top 44 players this year as they were last year. now these guys may show up and be gang busters but jucos usually take most of the first year to start showing how good they are. UK had 4 jucos making their debut last year and they showed flashes but also got gashed a lot of the time.

i'll take bringing in 22 guys/year that are gonna be here 4 to 5 years then having 6+guys in each class only playing 2 years. bringing in jucos typically means you have holes in your roster. most people would like to avoid having holes in their roster that is gonna depend on a new guy from juco.
The majority of the juco's brought in by Louisville have been OL which is an immediate need. Most juco's that make it to P5 schools were highly rated kids out of high school that just didn't have the grades. They have 1-2 years of playing higher level football already under their belt when they arrive and if possible take an additional redshirt year at their new school. Some have the ability of playing right away. It's definately a hit or miss, just like taking a kid out of high school but they are older and more developed. All schools do it.

As hmt5000 pointed out taking 9 JUCOs and a few transfers in one season is no way to build a roster. How much control does Bobby have on their development when he only has them for 2 years? Half of their development was on someone else's watch. The balance in your classes will always be jacked up playing that game. You'll have years where your upperclassmen are all newcomers learning a new system. You'll always be trying to plug holes and the lack of stability in your roster won't guarantee anything from year to year. It's essentially like trying to play the game that Cal does in basketball where every year depends on your level of success in recruiting instant contributors. It's a lot easier to do in basketball than it is football though.

Bobby has shown that he can win with that formula in 3-4 year spans but he's never been anywhere long enough to prove that he can sustain success that way. He usually leaves programs with serious roster issues when he bolts whether it be class balance or having a bunch of kids with academic struggles or character problems

Reactions: boowee
As hmt5000 pointed out taking 9 JUCOs and a few transfers in one season is no way to build a roster. How much control does Bobby have on their development when he only has them for 2 years? Half of their development was on someone else's watch. The balance in your classes will always be jacked up playing that game. You'll have years where your upperclassmen are all newcomers learning a new system. You'll always be trying to plug holes and the lack of stability in your roster won't guarantee anything from year to year. It's essentially like trying to play the game that Cal does in basketball where every year depends on your level of success in recruiting instant contributors. It's a lot easier to do in basketball than it is football though.

Bobby has shown that he can win with that formula in 3-4 year spans but he's never been anywhere long enough to prove that he can sustain success that way. He usually leaves programs with serious roster issues when he bolts whether it be class balance or having a bunch of kids with academic struggles or character problems
what he said^

We are fighting to regain ground from the Joker hole. Beating UL will demonstrate that the playing field is level again.
For my money we already showed that last season. 4 pt loss on the road against a team with 10 NFL draft picks, the 2nd highest in the nation. This season we will demonstrate that we have surpassed them, and are setting our sights on others on our schedule to catch up & pass.

Reactions: Brock28
For my money we already showed that last season. 4 pt loss on the road against a team with 10 NFL draft picks, the 2nd highest in the nation. This season we will demonstrate that we have surpassed them, and are setting our sights on others on our schedule to catch up & pass.

My feelings exactly

The majority of the juco's brought in by Louisville have been OL which is an immediate need. Most juco's that make it to P5 schools were highly rated kids out of high school that just didn't have the grades. They have 1-2 years of playing higher level football already under their belt when they arrive and if possible take an additional redshirt year at their new school. Some have the ability of playing right away. It's definately a hit or miss, just like taking a kid out of high school but they are older and more developed. All schools do it.
There was a pretty big difference in the '13 and '14 classes (UK 29 and 17 vs UL 52 and 40), a full 23 spots better in both classes. Sort of like Joker's last class at 63 compared to ul at 42. UL evened it up last year with a 32nd ranked class vs uk's 35th ranked class (both averaged 3 stars per recruit, ul had 3 more commits in that class which made it higher). This was on the heels of a 9 win season for the cards, and UK not even making a bowl.

We'll wipe our asses with the turd birds this year at CWS, and leave them behind in the rankings again.

Unfortunately, I believe that UofL will continue to be around a top 25 team for years to come. They signed a really good QB in this last class and have one signed for this upcoming class. As much as I hate to admit it Jurich has proven he will give them the resources needed to succeed. We compare our success to theirs and it really isn't fair to our program. Yes, they moved to a tougher conference but it's no where near what we have to face. It's much easier to become the third or 4th best team in your conference when you aren't competing with top 10 teams in the country to reach that spot.

Do not disagree. But, we now need to win.

Unfortunately, I believe that UofL will continue to be around a top 25 team for years to come. They signed a really good QB in this last class and have one signed for this upcoming class. As much as I hate to admit it Jurich has proven he will give them the resources needed to succeed. We compare our success to theirs and it really isn't fair to our program. Yes, they moved to a tougher conference but it's no where near what we have to face. It's much easier to become the third or 4th best team in your conference when you aren't competing with top 10 teams in the country to reach that spot.
UK needs UofL to be good. It's one of the few things that motivate UK football fans and the administration.

Yes! The last time we beat you, there wasn't a card on this board until the next year.... It hurts! This isn't just going to be one time beat down, there is a row of them coming, so I expect to see you guys sometime, uh, I don't actually know when I'll see any of you..
th

UofL lost a lot to graduation , early entry to the NFL and IMO does not have near the team they had last year. UK returns a lot more starters and has players from maybe its best recruited class ever coming off of redshirts. IMO UK has more talent. I don't think the Birdies signed enough questionable transfers to make up for their losses and UK is going to be much better this season. UK wins this one at CWS.

UofL lost a lot to graduation , early entry to the NFL and IMO does not have near the team they had last year. UK returns a lot more starters and has players from maybe its best recruited class ever coming off of redshirts. IMO UK has more talent. I don't think the Birdies signed enough questionable rantransfers to make up for their losses and UK is going to be much better this season. UK wins this one at CWS.

UofL did lose a lot of significant talent to the NFL. That said, the DL should be better, the linebacker group should be better and with the addition of JHC and SW, the secondary could be better than last year's group. Offensively their only issues are figuring out the OL - which is no small feat. UK could certainly win next year but, it won't be due to a talent gap...

UofL did lose a lot of significant talent to the NFL. That said, the DL should be better, the linebacker group should be better and with the addition of JHC and SW, the secondary could be better than last year's group. Offensively their only issues are figuring out the OL - which is no small feat. UK could certainly win next year but, it won't be due to a talent gap...
i dont know what the score of the game will be but i will bet you $3 million that ul does not have a better secondary this year... jhc is really really good but get real.

Whoa! The only issue on offense is the line?

Really now?

ul has managed to get 4 star talent through troubled transfers that were kicked out of their previous schools. That is a win win because no matter if the kid gets in trouble again at ul, it will never be known until he is gone and court dates make it in the papers months down the road. It is an advantage but its one that UK cannot take a chance with so I am glad Stoops is doing it the old fashion way, by beating the bushes and going after top recruits.

i dont know what the score of the game will be but i will bet you $3 million that ul does not have a better secondary this year... jhc is really really good but get real.

Wow - $3 million? That's a pretty specific number - love to know how you arrived at that. "Better" is of course subjective - will they outpace their INT total from last year - probably not. Will they tackle better and provide better run support - my bet is yes. JHC is a better all around safety than Sample, SW is a better cover corner than Gaines and, Chuckie Williams will amply fill Holliman's place. Beyond that, the depth is far superior this year.

Whoa! The only issue on offense is the line?

Really now?

Umm yes. Given that the QB's are the same group with an extra year of Petrino's system, the running back corps is solid and returns its biggest playmaker and, the receiving group despite the loss of DP is as long and athletic as any group in recent memory - I think the big question is OL.

Wow - $3 million? That's a pretty specific number - love to know how you arrived at that. "Better" is of course subjective - will they outpace their INT total from last year - probably not. Will they tackle better and provide better run support - my bet is yes. JHC is a better all around safety than Sample, SW is a better cover corner than Gaines and, Chuckie Williams will amply fill Holliman's place. Beyond that, the depth is far superior this year.
the # is my annual salary. so i basically would wager a years worth of work. but i'll try to remember this statement mid year and see if you still think your db's are better this year.

ul has managed to get 4 star talent through troubled transfers that were kicked out of their previous schools. That is a win win because no matter if the kid gets in trouble again at ul, it will never be known until he is gone and court dates make it in the papers months down the road. It is an advantage but its one that UK cannot take a chance with so I am glad Stoops is doing it the old fashion way, by beating the bushes and going after top recruits.

Just curious, why is it that UK "cannot take a chance" on players such as JHC? Or are you speaking only about that they cannot accept sec transfers since the new sec rule forbidding it in May of this year?

ADVERTISEMENT